Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    She's one of the very few lore characters with a personality that is apparent when playing WoW.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Scripted NPCs are protective of their leader because it's their leader. Fanbois are protective because she has a lot of cleavage and is emo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darnassian View Post
    Scripted NPCs are protective of their leader because it's their leader. Fanbois are protective because she has a lot of cleavage and is emo.
    Way to super stereotype almost an entire playerbase.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    She's one of the very few lore characters with a personality that is apparent when playing WoW.
    Blizzard can and needs to develop everyone else. They developed Sylvanas and her story is over. She at least needs to be out of the lime-light. She might have a better story currently than Tyrande, but thats because Blizzard completely neglected Tyrande along with the rest of Night Elf lore in WoW, and trumped up nobodies like Sylvanas with huge stories tying directly into expansions that dealt entirely with them (Wrath)

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard can and needs to develop everyone else. They developed Sylvanas and her story is over. She at least needs to be out of the lime-light. She might have a better story currently than Tyrande, but thats because Blizzard completely neglected Tyrande along with the rest of Night Elf lore in WoW, and trumped up nobodies like Sylvanas with huge stories tying directly into expansions that dealt entirely with them (Wrath)
    Where did anyone mention Tyrande, and why would you mention Tyrande at all and not the rest of the faction leaders.

On top of which, Sylvanas is hardly a "nobody".

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    Way to super stereotype almost an entire playerbase.
    It's a stereotype with a great deal of reality behind it. Just look at the fan art of Sylvanas. She's almost always depicted far more naked and less undead than she really is. Usually with her legs spread apart.

---------- Post added 2012-04-28 at 11:12 PM ----------

Where did anyone mention Tyrande, and why would you mention Tyrande at all.

On top of which, Sylvanas is hardly a "nobody".
    Sylvanas is a nobody, why do I mention Tyrande? Because she's a strong female character blizzard crapped on, that's why

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a stereotype with a great deal of reality behind it. Just look at the fan art of Sylvanas. She's almost always depicted far more naked and less undead than she really is. Usually with her legs spread apart.
    It's a stereotype based on fan art ... right ...

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a stereotype based on fan art ... right ...
    yes, because it's entirely unreasonable to gauge the perception of a fanbase from their artwork. They don't see her as some tough as nails leader, they see her as a sex symbol.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes, because it's entirely unreasonable to gauge the perception of a fanbase from their artwork. They don't see her as some tough as nails leader, they see her as a sex symbol.
    Uhhh, yeah that is entirely unreasonable because fan art is done by specific people not by an entire populous and to say that they all draw the same thing is disrespectful to them as artists.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/media/fa...w#/fanart-1227
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/media/fa...w#/fanart-1225
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/media/fa...w#/fanart-1224
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/media/fa...w#/fanart-1223
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/media/fa...w#/fanart-1222
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/media/fa...w#/fanart-1207
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/media/fa...w#/fanart-1258

They all have different perspective of her, if you want to be mad at her armor don't be mad at the playerbase.

Are you going to start presenting information on why Sylvanas is a nobody? She's my least favourite faction leader but I'm not blind to who she is.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Why are people so against her is the real question.
    BECAUSE SHE'S EVIL.

I would say she's Arthas Lite, but she's not. She's pretty much exactly the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Google images of Samus, would you call her a sex symbol? Because fanart sure makes it seem like she is. If we're gonna go by fanart on the web, then every female character from anything would be considered a sex symbol.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    BECAUSE SHE'S EVIL.

I would say she's Arthas Lite, but she's not. She's pretty much exactly the same.
    That's actually the reason why I'm personally against her, and I'm waiting for her come-uppance, but that doesn't mean people are not aware of who she is as a character. It's less being protective of her because a lot of people like her, and more because people are spreading a lot of misinformation and picking broad reasons to generalize her as a character. This thing I have quoted is actually a good reason to be distasteful of her, but others don't generally articulate that.

It also devalues all the work of fleshing out her character as a whole if you just go into the whole "evil" bit. There's a lot of psychology and speculation we haven't seen yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can't see it, you never will. Quite frankly, she's badass, something pansy ass WoW needs.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Google images of Samus, would you call her a sex symbol? Because fanart sure makes it seem like she is. If we're gonna go by fanart on the web, then every female character from anything would be considered a sex symbol.
    Didn't the OP make a thread saying they thought Gnomes were hot.

Amagawd you gaise Gnomes are sex symbols.

a) they have a "funny" sense of morality
    b) jerks
    c) they enjoy angering others through their actions, you know what theyre called
    d) consider corpses wearing little clothing "sexy"
    e) consider her "story" interesting
    f) all of the above
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ambigiouslynamed View Post
    a) they have a "funny" sense of morality
    b) jerks
    c) they enjoy angering others through their actions, you know what theyre called
    d) consider corpses wearing little clothing "sexy"
    e) consider her "story" interesting
    f) all of the above
    I don't like her at all but I find her "story" interesting. Why does that make me amoral, a jerk, a troll, or a necrophiliac.

Do you people even think before you type? It would be like if I went out and said everyone who likes Malfurion is a near-fratricidal, bigoted maniac who sleeps forever - but I don't because it's not true.

I don't like her at all but I find her "story" interesting. Why does that make me amoral, a jerk, a troll, or a necrophiliac.
    it was multiple choice, couldnt you tell from f) ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ambigiouslynamed View Post
    it was multiple choice, couldnt you tell from f) ?
    Why would those even be options, and your F choice puts the word story in quotations which denotes it in a sarcastic way. It's just a halfass way of covering your britches.

Why would those even be options, and your F choice puts the word story in quotations which denotes it in a sarcastic way. It's just a halfass way of covering your britches.
    "Story" was e), try again

Personaly, couldnt care less about her, but she is as faction leader closest thing to evil in this idealistic universe. Just dont replace her with crap like Broltira or Voss.