Flying Apparitions

So now with the new glyph, our apparitions are able to fly. Glyph isnt able to be purchased yet but is at the vendor

Quote Originally Posted by Haavok1 View Post
    So now with the new glyph, our apparitions are able to fly. Glyph isnt able to be purchased yet but is at the vendor
    It is, along with the other glyphs in the temple of the jade serpent. There is a vendor at the entrace in the instance
    <inactive>

They really REALLY want apparitions to work don't they?
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Quote Originally Posted by kombucha View Post
    They really REALLY want apparitions to work don't they?
    It's the new Lightwell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychomantis View Post
    It's the new Lightwell.
    Except light well works amazingly??

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    Except light well works amazingly??
    Too bad it only took from vanilla to cata to get a decent implementation.

Which is my point.

If they keep working on Shadowy Apparitions then maybe they will be amazing too...in another couple expansions.

But in all seriousness, I hope they do continue to work on them and not give up.

They seriously just need to turn them into crows that fly at the target or have them stand still and mindflay or something.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathzero View Post
    It was fairly decent in Wrath, especially for a well-trained raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Let me know when they realize making Apparitions an on-use resource dump was a terrible, TERRIBLE idea.
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    They seriously just need to turn them into crows that fly at the target or have them stand still and mindflay or something.
    Totally. The Onslaught Raven Priest already uses ravens and is a kind of corrupt Priest. Why not Shadow Priest?

It was fairly decent in Wrath, especially for a well-trained raid.
    It's hard to potty-train a raid. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh...they're not as bad as everyone is making them out to be. Damage was nearly doubled with the latest patch so they're OK for that.

They still feel really awkward when you launch them since they take a GCD to spawn but that's more psychological than anything. I'm not entirely sure that I want the spell to turn into another nuke either which is what happens if they make them into projectiles or something. Everyone wishing for ravens may be assuming that these would move faster but really...why would you assume that? Blizzard can make anything move as fast or as slow as they like.

I can't say that I actually like them but I'm patient enough to wait and see how they turn out. People are acting as if they're the end of the world for shadow priests which is wildly overstated.

I tested the glyph out on some birds and indeed, they do rise to the occasion, as it were.

I know that this is shadow-priesty heresy to say they're not the worst thing that's ever happened to the class but they aren't. We'll see what Blizz does with them as beta proceeds.

If the datamined tooltips make it to Build, it would seem the dev team finally realized making Apparitions and on-use ability is a waste of effort.

WHOO HOO!

So instead it becomes the new Holy Nova.

Not really but what I mean is they couldn't figure out a way to fix it that would make everyone happy so they pushed it aside by making it once again a passive ability...I mean look at poor Holy Nova, once a end tier talent and now an optional glyph.

Also I wonder if the levitating was completely removed for the apparitions as well since the glyph was redesigned.

Anyways I still am happy to see devouring plague coming back as part of the shadow orb resource system. It is still early in the beta process so it will be interesting to see the further evolution of the class.

Hey hey hey! Holy Nova is fantastic for... killing critters...

Quote Originally Posted by Deathzero View Post
    Yeah Blizzard's latest implementation of players' brains is the best ever.