Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    "Spending 6300 IP on a champion I can't play would be quite annoying."

You answered your own question? You've already played her and know better than us how much you enjoy her. Just ask yourself if you still want her...
    Yeah, I do want her, my point was if on ranked she's still banned every game,or if she's only banned so much because she's free and everyone and their mother is playing her.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    IT all depends, AD carries or AP carries? Carrying by ganking (thus jungling) etc.

For supports you could check out Nunu, Leona, Taric, Alistar or hell even Nautilus.

Runes have 3 tiers yeah, it's advised to jsut buy the very cheap level 1 runes, forget about the tier 2 runes and when you get enough IP just buy tier runes which you can buy/use from level 20.
    Can u say either AP and AD?
    A good laner early game

Deleted
    She gets banned a lot but can still be very worth to have because she's so strong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekky View Post
    Yeah, I do want her, my point was if on ranked she's still banned every game,or if she's only banned so much because she's free and everyone and their mother is playing her.
    She's been banned primarily because she's free. While she does get banned occasionally, she isn't anywhere near 100% ban. You will get plenty of chances to play her when you need to go AP Mid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyrosso View Post
    Can u say either AP and AD?
    A good laner early game
    I think Graves is probably the strongest AD carry at start but falls of a bit later. Most carries are on par with each other so there is no real best at start. They also work differently with different supports, Graves for example is beast with Taric because of the burst potential.

As for AP casters there are a few which shine early game, strongest is probably Le Blanc but she falls off later on and requires a lot of attention late game. Cass is really good early aswell but can't handle burst, farms well and has the highest sustained damage out of all casters ingame.
    Last edited by mmoc0798c9712b; 2012-04-30 at 02:06 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    She's been banned primarily because she's free. While she does get banned occasionally, she isn't anywhere near 100% ban. You will get plenty of chances to play her when you need to go AP Mid.
    Thanks, that was the answer I was looking forward to, grabbing her as soon as I can then

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekky View Post
    She is only banned so much because she is free.

Yeah maybe she gets banned in ranked every 4th game or so, but you wont be playing her every game anyways.

I was looking at Mord as my next champ. I usually play AD carry, AP and jungle as Olaf.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenlnir View Post
    I was looking at Mord as my next champ. I usually play AD carry, AP and jungle as Olaf.
    Can't go wrong with Morde, really. Its awesome for soloQ because your jungler can take blue every time...or you can match up to a "farm" top lane.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Can't go wrong with Morde, really. Its awesome for soloQ because your jungler can take blue every time...or you can match up to a "farm" top lane.
    On top of it, you can clear middle minions insanely fast with a Q+E combo, go into your wraith camp and clear it aswell in no time with Q+E every minute if your jungler doesnt need it, giving u such a big cs advantage the longer the game goes ^^

I heard he was a beast in the mid, and that's what I usually play. I have a ton of people that can do mid, but nothing that can really counter anyone, except maybe malz. So with that, is Mord still a viable choice, or should I continue looking?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think he's better in mid than top tbh.

--

So... I want to buy an Assassin. Getting tired of getting stomped early game because we pick late game champs and I want something to obliterate the other team fast. Got Shaco, but I don't really play him well. Currently leaning towards either Pantheon (who I could always go jungle with as well) or Lee Sin (who I could always go jungle with as well... wait...).

Opinions? Alternatives?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    So... I want to buy an Assassin. Getting tired of getting stomped early game because we pick late game champs and I want something to obliterate the other team fast. Got Shaco, but I don't really play him well. Currently leaning towards either Pantheon (who I could always go jungle with as well) or Lee Sin (who I could always go jungle with as well... wait...).

Opinions? Alternatives?
    Jungle Pantheon is utterly badass, and fun as all hell.

Also...if you have a buddy that can play Vayne...you could always go Poppy support.
    Last edited by Toxigen; 2012-04-30 at 07:21 PM.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Poppy is marked as an assassin, but I can't solo lane very well as her, and I wouldn't dare jungle as her. That being said, she can be pretty beast early on. Evelynn is kinda iffy I feel (I just suck at her). I'd agree that panth is really good all around as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have Poppy. I prefer her in Dominion though. Can solo top with her and a mate of mine occasionally supports me with Poppy when I'm on Tristana. CS goes to me, Kills go to her. Win win.

Poppy and trist is amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just grab Lee Sin Duill. Too versatile and strong to pass up, although he kind of doesn't actually have the incredible strong lategame that most other traditional assassins have (Has to be some trade off for the amount of mobility, disruption, and early game strength he provides). End the game by 30-40 with him.

For anyone looking for tanky/DPS I highly recommend Jarvan (or J4).

He has great survivability and can overall turn the tide of a team fight. His E/Q knockup hitting all 5 people also does 3 things:

1. Knocks them all up, disabling for a second (channeled ults I'm looking at you).
    2. Provides your Party with Atk Speed and Armor
    3. Reduces the armor of all targets you hit.

Your AD carry suddenly is hitting targets with 26% less armor while they have around 20% more atk speed and armor. Plug numbers in and see how well that turns the tide. Not only that you can do a lot of damage with other champions with strong ults. Wukong spinning on 3 people? Ult on them so they can't run away from it. Nunu channeling in the bush? Trap 3 or 4 of them with him so the ult does maximum damage. His shield also blocks a decent chunk of damage when you hit 3 or 4 champions with it (upwards of 400 damage).

Decent build order while jungling:

Cloth Armor and health pots x5. Depending on how well you're doing...

Boots or finish Madreds.
    Boots then finish Wriggles. I get Berserker Greaves personally but it depends on if you're going more offtank or more damage based.
    Heart of Gold
    Wits End
    Frozen Mallet
    Atmas.

After that you have to judge the game. You can sell the wriggles for a warmogs or get some resist (thornmail/Force of Nature).
    I also think Quicksilver is amazing on him since he gets in your face so fast you're usually the target of SOME type of CC. Having a Jarvan immune to CC in your face smashing you gets scary fast.

His passive also requires a lot of target switching. Don't just focus the Cait, get a hit on the cait, then the annie and the support if you can. Don't forget to focus the target but still make use of his passive. 10% damage is nothing to scoff at it does apply the Frozen mallet slow if they're trying to chase.

For Runes, I usually do Armor Pen reds, Armor yellows and then it gets switched up:
    Blue can be either MR/level or CD/R per level, depending on how you play.
    Quints can be more Armor pen or Health, again depending on how you play. I personally run 25 Armor, 8.62% cdr at max level and 13 armor on my jarvan.

Finally, masteries I run 10/11/9, utilizing the duration buff in support, health/resistances in defense and Armor pen in Attack.

Overall Jarvan's a fantastic hero if you're looking for someone who can jungle or top solo. By starting with the armor/your E skill first, you also maximize your armo (64 at level one) for those AD carries who go top (looking at Riven or Fiora). Jarvan is a great duelist since his passive has a 6 second cooldown so feel free to just hit your opponent once or twice and run. Hitting with an E/Q combo and an auto can easily do about 25%-50% of someones life. Getting the early wriggles also gives you access to wards which allow you to ward areas while jungling or keep your lane warded if you're solo top.

Hope this helped! Any questions feel free to post them and I'll be happy to answer to them!

Edit: Forgot to note summoner skills: Always run Flash on him. I know that's sort of the cop out skill right now in LoL and EVERYONE runs it but a flash, Q/E combo into an ult can let you jump from one turret to another in a team fight VERY quickly. Your other skill differs; in the jungle you obviously run smite, but in the lane you can run Exhaust or Ignite really effectively. Exhaust lets you appear weak to your opponents: If you get First Blood or force your lane back and you're at half, laugh when the lee sin jumps on you only to be knocked up with your combo, take damage then get exhausted as you wreck his face in.

Honestly Jarvan's a fantastic hero. He does take a while to get used to but he's almost unstoppable. This song also does a great job of summing it all up:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLQa-pqkmKg

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Solmyr13; 2012-05-01 at 01:03 AM.

orianna 4sure

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenlnir View Post
    I heard he was a beast in the mid, and that's what I usually play. I have a ton of people that can do mid, but nothing that can really counter anyone, except maybe malz. So with that, is Mord still a viable choice, or should I continue looking?
    Morde can obliterate most of usual mids. The only problem is pushing your lane, but if you have jungler that can do some crazy counter-jungle (Shyvana), you will be fine. You can also invest in one ward, and keep yourself to the warded side of lane.
    I would highly recommend you playing him with health regen runes, so it negates health cost