Deleted

Devouring plague is back!

The latest shadow changes got me all excited. I was kinda 'meh' on the new Shadow Apparitions
    Taken from the front page:
    Shadow:
    -Mastery: Shadow Orb Power replaced with Mastery: Shadowy Recall - Gives your periodic shadow damage spells a x% chance to deal damage twice, each time they deal damage.
    -Devouring Plague *New* - Consumes all of the caster's Shadow Orbs to deal 2,099 Shadow damage per orb consumed and afflict the target with a disease that causes (1,049 + 50.0% of SP) Shadow damage every 1 for 2 sec per orb consumed. 15% of damage caused by the Devouring Plague heals the caster. 40 Yards Range. Instant. Costs 1 Shadow Orb.
    -Mind Surge (NNF) *New* - You have a 20% chance when you deal periodic damage with your Vampiric Touch to instantly reset the cooldown of your Mind Blast and cause its next cast within 12 sec to be instant.
    -Shadowy Apparitions *New* - When you deal periodic damage with your Shadow Word: Pain, you have a 12% chance to summon a shadow version of yourself which will slowly move towards a target which is afflicted by your Shadow Word: Pain. Once reaching the target, it will instantly deal 1,025 shadow damage. You can have up to 15 Shadowy Apparitions active at a time.
    -Mind Blast now has a 8 sec cooldown, up from 6 sec.

Looks great to me. What do you guys think?

You must have been REALLY excited to start an account here just to post about this...
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well everyone has to have a first post. I lurked here for almost a year before I made my first post.

Deleted
    Hahah, well I've wanted to make one for some time now and just thought let's just do it. Seems like I'm a bit late though posting this though, just noticed there's another post about this stuff as well. ;(

being a huge shadow pvper, the new changes definitely have shook things up. With the new mastery, im not sure of im even gonna grab the talent with mind melt in it. I mean with DP healing you and VT giving a instant MB proc, I really thing the dots severely edge the burst here.

I imagine blizzard is going to make a few more tweaks to get the rotation smoothed out. I do like the idea of a new more consistent + damage mastery. although I am not so sure about the role reversal of DP being powered up by orbs instead of MB. Should be interesting to see how this plays out.

Deleted
    I want superior mobility and powerful snares... that's what I'm missing most and that's why I pretty much stopped playing this class.
    It's not fun to not be able to stop mounted players or player who just want to run away... neither is it fun to not be able to get rid of DKs or Rogues.

I guess we will never get these things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post
    I want superior mobility and powerful snares... that's what I'm missing most and that's why I pretty much stopped playing this class.
    It's not fun to not be able to stop mounted players or player who just want to run away... neither is it fun to not be able to get rid of DKs or Rogues.

I guess we will never get these things.
    While there are still some issues with the beta, spriests did get some utility. You can spec into a snare, phantasm got buffed through the goddamn roof, and we're getting spectral guise (if they can get it so it works). Dk gets on you, fear or root, phantasm to avoid the DG, then spectral guise as phantasm ends. All of this is on short cooldowns, and our horror had its cooldown halved at the cost of shadow-orbs. Spriest pvp looks like it has options, as long as we can do damage.

Quote Originally Posted by marathal View Post
    Well everyone has to have a first post. I lurked here for almost a year before I made my first post.
    Same here =3 haven't been here that long either.

Is that Shadow Word: Pain, or Vampiric Touch, that Mind Surge is running off of?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Is that Shadow Word: Pain, or Vampiric Touch, that Mind Surge is running off of?
    Mind Surge only proc of VT.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattachine View Post
    Mind Surge only proc of VT.
    The screen shot and the voice over of that vid said otherwise, so I needed confirmation. Thank you.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~