Page 43 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    They removed up scaling.
    Even in PvP?

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth Operator View Post
    Even in PvP?
    It was removed from PvE. So a level 10 can't join a group with a level 80 and be scaled up to his level. Its still there in WvWvW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even in PvP?
    Nah, just in PvE, I should have extrapolated.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Gotcha. I noticed there didn't seem to be any upscaling for PvE in the beta. It's kind of a shame they removed it. I know it inherently had some flaws, but I've never seen another MMO that allowed for upscaling before. It was a cool idea.

Deleted
    The armours you see on the character creation, you know the first flashy ones when choosing your professions, where exactly do you get that armour? I believe this one is called Seraph or something. Since ArenaNet have said that the armors you see on the characters ingame will also be obtainable and equipped by you too.

That armor looks so perfect, will fit my Guardian so well -w-'

My god. My mouth has gone dry because it was open for so long reading the first post. Holy moly. There are features in this game that I never even thought of before but are so natural and amazing. The ability to take your character from one server to another, for free.. wow. If I understand that right, it means I could play a character on EU servers during the week then move him/her over to a US server during the weekends to play with my US based WoW friends. And then back again. The dynamic events sound incredible. The way you gain XP sounds so much fun and so liberating. It really does sound like you can go do anything in this world and progress your character naturally and freely. And all of this is a one off payment.. no subscription.. wow. There has to be a but.. I worry there has to be a but. I hope not. This game may change and redefine the standards for an MMO. I hope so.

I'm not 100% sure on this, so hopefully someone else can clarify, but I don't think server changes are free anymore. Over the BWE last weekend, they specifically mentioned that you would be able to switch servers an unlimited amount of time during the BWE, but that was only to test the implementation of server switching.

But yeah, the game is awesome so far. After having played it now, though, the dynamic events are not exactly what I thought they would be like. (I just want to specify here that I was only able to get up to about level 17 and I only played in the Norn starter area and a bit of the Diessa Plateau, so my viewpoint may be skewed.) I found myself mainly seeing the same ones over and over again and after participating maybe once or twice I would just run past them after a while because I didn't really need the exp or the karma points and I didn't want to sit through the same thing again.

I also felt a little bit like it was too sandboxy. What I mean by that is, I didn't feel I was given enough direction on what I was supposed to be doing. Don't get me wrong, I love the feel of being able to choose what I'm going to do next, but I mainly followed my personal story quest, only stopping when there was an interesting dynamic event going on or if I wasn't a high enough level to complete the personal story quest.

Finally, I didn't see much of the dynamic event chaining that I'd heard about. Some of the events I participated in chained to maybe one or two more, but I had heard that some could chain up to as many as 16 different events in a row and I didn't see anything close to that.

Lastly, Beta is Beta so I understand that not everything is fully implemented, and is subject to change before release. Just my two cents. I'm still super stoked for this game though and am eagerly awaiting release.

I'm not 100% sure on this, so hopefully someone else can clarify, but I don't think server changes are free anymore. Over the BWE last weekend, they specifically mentioned that you would be able to switch servers an unlimited amount of time during the BWE, but that was only to test the implementation of server switching.
    Basically, you have a "home world" which for the most part only affects World vs World, so that you can't hope around to the winning side. To switch home worlds there is a gem (currency bought with real money) price, and while prices aren't out, by comparison of everything on the store it looks cheaper to transfer then WoW.
    BUT you can "guest pass" onto any server you like, for free, at anytime. Pretty much the only thing you can't do as a guest on a server is WvW everything else is the same and the only limitation to guesting is that you have to log off and then back on if you are switching from NA to Eu servers.

There are two types of server transfer.

Home server transfer, and guesting. Home server transfer moves all your characters to that server with the cost of gems, guesting is free. The only difference is that you can't do WvWvW while guesting.

Deleted
    will they maybe add different voices for your character you can choose from later or at least a slider for the pitch of it? would be nice

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    will they maybe add different voices for your character you can choose from later or at least a slider for the pitch of it? would be nice
    Not what we know, and most likely not.

Deleted
    awh

didn't really expect it but I thought it will be nice since you're character talks a lot

10+ Year Old Account
    Official forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stein (Lead Writer)
    Your character voice is automatically assigned once you pick a race/gender combination. There are 10 player voices in all. The one you are hearing can only be heard on the charr female player character.

We’ve been exploring the idea of pitch sliders, but the solutions we keep encountering affect a line’s timing, which would break everything from scenes and cinematics to localized VO. We’re always looking into more ways to let people customize their characters, but we have to weigh those ideas against our technical limitations, resources and budgetary restrictions.

Something to keep in mind: every time we add a new voice option, we have to record all the dialogue that the voice could potentially say, which numbers in the thousands of lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Boer (Audio Guy)
    There is an algorithm in which you can adjust pitch without losing tempo. You should definitely look into it.
    It’s called pitch shifting with formant preservation, and yeah, we’re looking into this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    That's actually quite exciting.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    oh yaaaaay

10+ Year Old Account
    That is very cool. I've been extremely impressed with a lot of their responses to player requests, even those along the lines of "don't count on it, but we're looking into it." I'm just glad they listen to feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    They said they're looking into putting pitch shifting for character voices to do just that, no word if it's going to happen or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    They said they're looking into putting pitch shifting for character voices to do just that, no word if it's going to happen or not.
    There is always after launch.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    That's actually quite exciting.
    Is the official forum feature available yet? I don't see a place to register....

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Is the official forum feature available yet? I don't see a place to register....
    Only beta forums and those are only available during a beta event and several days after.