Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Is 2/2 in Valor for the reduced cd and increase centuring worth it over "Swelling Winds", as its great for AoE? FoR Combat this is
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm trying to figure out what sorta relic I should be getting from that daily commendation vendor, I'm a Carnage Marauder and all those relics look nice, but I'm having trouble deciding which one is best for Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    I'm trying to figure out what sorta relic I should be getting from that daily commendation vendor, I'm a Carnage Marauder and all those relics look nice, but I'm having trouble deciding which one is best for Carnage.
    Here is a "short" answar

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Yupp. People will argue that the Damage on Proc relic is amazing... but its damage is just poor. An on cue Power boost for specific situations is a lot more handy.
    And I heard alot about Forsedar isnt stupid about PvE, so I guess the "Power on use" is your best bet
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

Deleted
    Anyone noticed an "animation delay" after the patch?
    The animation of previous ability prevents me from using next one, even though I have rage and no cd up.

Assault got really long combat animation as marauder at least. Hit with left, right and then both sabers before being able to queue up next ability.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juubo View Post
    The animation of previous ability prevents me from using next one, even though I have rage and no cd up.

Assault got really long combat animation as marauder at least. Hit with left, right and then both sabers before being able to queue up next ability.
    I didn't notice anything different on my Sent

Quote Originally Posted by Juubo View Post

I haven't had that issue on my Sentinel at all. Would be weird if it was just a Marauder issue though I'll log on mine tonight when I get home and see if I can recreate that.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The Combat Sentinel build still has 8 points remaining in the one you linked, Arlee.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    The Combat Sentinel build still has 8 points remaining in the one you linked, Arlee.
    Yea.. I have a bunch of updating I need to do with it >< Time has gotten rather short though... I am hoping to take care of things in the next day or so though.

---------- Post added 2012-05-03 at 12:21 PM ----------

Thanks for reminding me though!

I am also sleepy and forgetful atm

Any soft cap, stats whiegt etc for Sentinel, looking on combat pref, but for both specc would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer1989 View Post
    Any soft cap, stats whiegt etc for Sentinel, looking on combat pref, but for both specc would be nice
    Basically you want to get to 30% crit and 75% surge... after that the diminishing returns start kicking in hard. For Accuracy you want to be at 100%, going over isn't a huge deal, but it also isn't something you want to stack a whole lot past that point. Stack as much Strength and Power as you can manage.

Personally when I was gearing up I went mostly for power while working on picking up crit and surge along the way.. sort of a balanced approach. Going for more crit and surge to start with is equally valid though. For Watchman crit is slightly more important than it is for combat because of the ticking of the DoTs giving you more opportunities for crits; but you don't really want to try to push hard for more than 30% crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Basically you want to get to 30% crit and 75% surge... after that the diminishing returns start kicking in hard. For Accuracy you want to be at 100%, going over isn't a huge deal, but it also isn't something you want to stack a whole lot past that point. Stack as much Strength and Power as you can manage.

Personally when I was gearing up I went mostly for power while working on picking up crit and surge along the way.. sort of a balanced approach. Going for more crit and surge to start with is equally valid though. For Watchman crit is slightly more important than it is for combat because of the ticking of the DoTs giving you more opportunities for crits; but you don't really want to try to push hard for more than 30% crit.
    Ya I understand all this and so on. But I mean even after 100%acc and 30%crit, 75%surge, let say 20surge must be worth more then 1power? But is say 10power better then 20acc etc etc?

Got some lower "grade" mods etc that have more power but alot less acc/crit/surge

No, after after 75% surge 20 surge would not be worth more than 1 power. The DR is very severe and it takes an incredible amount of surge and crit to make any sort of difference. Whereas 1 power is an addition of 0.23 damage on every attack all the time and it has no diminishing returns. I unfortunately am at work atm so I don't have the exact numbers in front of me to tell you how much crit/surge it would take to equal to 1 power after those caps, I'll try to remember to do that tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    No, after after 75% surge 20 surge would not be worth more than 1 power. The DR is very severe and it takes an incredible amount of surge and crit to make any sort of difference. Whereas 1 power is an addition of 0.23 damage on every attack all the time and it has no diminishing returns. I unfortunately am at work atm so I don't have the exact numbers in front of me to tell you how much crit/surge it would take to equal to 1 power after those caps, I'll try to remember to do that tonight.
    Guess its worth to use "lower grade" mods then if I have 75% / 30% :P Thx for asnwar

Updated the specs so they should be complete again and added in charts showing the DR on crit and surge.

Since a Marauder is the character I'm planning to make next, and since the preferred spec you posted looks almost like the one I figured would be best, I was just curious, is Stagger really more useful than Unbound or for that matter Overwhelm? Just curious about what makes one better than the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Since a Marauder is the character I'm planning to make next, and since the preferred spec you posted looks almost like the one I figured would be best, I was just curious, is Stagger really more useful than Unbound or for that matter Overwhelm? Just curious about what makes one better than the others.
    The specs I posted are focused on what works for Ops. Overwhelm is useful while leveling and I actually used it a lot, but once you get to ops the immobilize part doesn't work on bosses. Stagger actually falls into the same category as overwhelm and I like defensive roll instead, but there aren't many unavoidable aoe attacks in ops. So stagger is mostly taken because more points were needed in that tier and it can be useful on trash/while doing dailies. Unbound is also useful while leveling (and very useful in PvP) but it's usefulness diminishes in Ops. So basically all of those are great choices while leveling, but not worth it at level 50 when you are mostly doing ops.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2012-05-19 at 01:39 PM.