Page 15 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    RAM could be replaced with Mushkin Blackline as an example.
    GPU can be replaced with Asus HD 7850 DC2.

Both of those are perfectly valid alternatives. If anything else is out of stock, do tell and I'm sure someone'll find something worthwhile to replace it for your list.

Is there any particular reason you'd rather go for the GTX 570 though? The performance difference is quite moot imo, and the HD 7870 would probably be a better alternative at that pricepoint.
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2012-04-16 at 11:13 PM.

Deleted
    Builds have been updated. Some have changed in value. I'll be replacing some Z68 with Z77 boards as soon as I see some more reviews pop up. My recommendation at this point would be to go Z77 even with a SB chip - just make sure that you do your research first.

Next update will most likely be after the release of Ivy Bridge. (We will hopefully see some more kepler-based cards from nVidia by then as well.)

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That Mushkin Blackline 1600MHz with a CAS latency of 8 looks niiiiiiice.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

need alternative mobo w/ the 650$ build

MoBo: MSI H67MA-E35 (B3) – $89.99 is out of stock

Also the RAM: Crucial 1600MHz 2x4GB – $36.99 is out of stock and 49.99 now, so a replacement for that would be awesome too

Help plz

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think out of stock products warrant replacing them in the build...new stock comes in all the time.

It's the discontinued stuff that needs to be brought up. Or out of stock stuff that has been out of stock for a ridiculous period of time. *shrugs*
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813157230

That's $10 more, but if you need one that is $90:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813130584

$70 after MIR ^_^

Here's some $41 RAM, perfectly good, slightly slower speed, but I doubt you would have seen much from 1600MHz anyways, and that had to be a one-day sale or something for the Crucial RAM.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820220557
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    I don't think out of stock products warrant replacing them in the build...new stock comes in all the time.
    Indeed, but if someone can't find something in stock now, while they're going to buy a PC, we're gonna have to recommend a replacement bit do we not?

Speaking of Z77 boards, I'm rather disappointed that they do not actually add any form of accessories (HDMI to DVI, or displayport to DVI, etc etc). Not even an HDMI cable. Nada. Nothing.

I like your reasoning on your suggestions, like my own ^_^. Myself, I'm using Beyer DT-770s 80ohm +zalman mic. Benq 120hz monitor and asus sound cards are things im looking forward to buying. I wonder how the new Phoebus soundcard is gonna compare with STX.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Marest, you need to update the Titanium sound card. It's no longer sold and has been replaced by the Titanium HD: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16829102033 .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolflame View Post
    Marest, you need to update the Titanium sound card. It's no longer sold and has been replaced by the Titanium HD: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16829102033 .
    Why is there a PATA port on the back of that? O_o It does not even talk about it on the newegg page. Weird.
    "A flower.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Why is there a PATA port on the back of that? O_o It does not even talk about it on the newegg page. Weird.
    That's not PATA, that's some proprietary port for future expansions. Like the front panel you see included in other models that use a different connector. I doubt they're actually going to do anything with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have reason to not believe what you're saying is correct, Ailthas, simply because a port that large really seems.... outdated. It doesn't fit with what we normally have throughout our computers nowadays. I'll be awaiting others' thoughts.
    "A flower.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is the reply I got from the Creative sales team when I asked about the port.

With regards to your enquiry, the JP2 connector in the Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD is a proprietary connector initially meant for future expansions such as to accommodate new daughter board that supports multi-channel audio. But for now there are no plans for such expansions.
    There's a good pic on this review here that shows it looks like a PATA port, but pins are in a different arrangement.

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/review...ound-card.html

I'm kind of tired of Creative coming up with crap they don't plan on doing anything with in the future. I remember my old AWE32 that had SIMM slots for like 16MB of memory that you could use to download MIDI samples. Great idea that the average person didn't need and the interface sucked and support was horribly lacking since games at the time mostly just supported the 8 and 16bit SB.

OT: In regards to the ASUS VW24 monitor. The description says it's LED, but Newegg says it's not. Which is odd. Anyway, for a little cheaper one can get the VE24 which says it's LED, lacking the useless speakers, and probably has the same image quality as the VW. Just my opinion, but it might be a better alternative.

I have a suggestion for a new addition to the headset recommendations. There is loads of 5.1 and 7.1 "simulated" headphones/sets out there. but only one company truly makes 5.1 surround sound headsets. A Canadian company by the name of Psyko Audio Labs. http://www.psykoaudio.com/#axzz1tqlVUr33
    Their headsets have the speakers in the top and the sound is channeled down into your ears. it is real 5.1 surround sound. you will be able to tell which directions people are shooting form from across the map.

the Psyko krypton is their base model and is 150. their upgraded model is the Psyko Carbon which has better speakers and gold tipped plug, it is 200 dollars.

(Krypton)
    http://i.imgur.com/CgXGa.jpg
    You will not find a single bad review of this company or these headsets, and you wont find a better gaming headset period.
    Last edited by OhpUldum; 2012-05-04 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Changed image to a link, image was too large.

The above post seems less like helpful information and more like advertisement spam...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ya I felt the same way, since it has pretty much been proven that 5.1/7.1 headsets are gimmicks and dont provide anything better, besides a higher price. I like my Sennheisers

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    The above post seems less like helpful information and more like advertisement spam...
    i fail to see how this is advertisement spam; just a person who has some experience with them. they seem like a gimmick based on all the big-worded technologies though
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    i fail to see how this is advertisement spam; just a person who has some experience with them. they seem like a gimmick based on all the big-worded technologies though
    And then I have one of these extremely awkward moments where I just can't think of a way to describe why I get the vibe from it... -.-
    Anyway, I think it'd probably be worthwhile to see more reviews on it first imo.

Quote Originally Posted by misspellar View Post
    I have a suggestion for a new addition to the headset recommendations. There is loads of 5.1 and 7.1 "simulated" headphones/sets out there. but only one company truly makes 5.1 surround sound headsets.
    You still have only two ears. Sound quality of that thing would've probably been better with significantly bigger drivers one for each ear. You can see from the picture that 3/4 of the space inside the pieces over ears is wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by misspellar View Post
    You will not find a single bad review of this company or these headsets, and you wont find a better gaming headset period.
    Pretty bold statement. And 99% certainly does not compare anywhere even close to $200 spent on dedicated headphones + cheap mic. Also, last time somebody mentioned these headphones few months back, there was literally zero reviews or benchmarks in any reputable sites, only hype from anonymous forum posters.
    Last edited by vesseblah; 2012-05-04 at 07:10 PM.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

See, I went ahead and thought, "I'll give a look at prices here and see if it costs much; if nothing else I can soon enough order and test them" -- but that's impossible because they don't ship to European countries, and I've not found stores yet that sell them anywhere here. :B