I've also built up a pretty big pile of fans... I've got two Zalman ZM-F3 fans, two SilenX Effizio fans, a NZXT case fan, the two fans that come with the XSPC kit I bought, a 200mm fan I bought for my old case, and one other I can't remember. :/

I'll never use them, but I can't bring myself to throw them away; "What if a friend needs them?!" if my excuse.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Question:
    Just been doing some basic testing to check everything (and to make sure that it works properly). I'm seeing a pretty big temperature difference between core #3 and the rest of the cores. Testing the temperatures for a little while ended up with this:

Core #0: 55°C
    Core #1: 57°C
    Core #2: 58°C
    Core #3: 51°C

I'm seeing a 5-8°C difference between #2 and #3 which is pretty substantial. Bad heatsink/paste application perhaps? Or should I consider this "normal"? Didn't see this huge difference with my 2500k; usually around 4-5°C at most.
    Yeah I saw this last night but I was already in bed and for some reason the editor has not been letting me post from my phone, so I'm just going to respond now.

Sometimes I literally have one core that is 12 degrees cooler than the hottest core (Celsius)... how's that for balanced heat? :P

---------- Post added 2012-05-03 at 02:53 PM ----------

I have:

1x 200mm Xigmatek Crystal or w.e fan
    1x 120mm Hyper 212+ fan
    1x 140mm Cooler Master HAF X fan
    1x 200mm Cooler Master HAF X fan

oh I'm so young and new. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    The rattling/grinding noise of my H80 drives me nuts. Seriously considering installing the stock cooler just to get rid of it.

Anyway, since we are measuring e-peen in terms of non-used fans:
    - 2x Fractal Design 120mm case fans
    - 2x Scythe GT 1850RPM 120mm
    - 2x Corsair 120mm fans
    - 1x Antec "BigBoy" 200mm
    - 2x "Unknown" 80mm (extremely old and loud)
    - 1x "Unknown" 120mm (also extremely loud)

I also have an Arctic Freezer 7, like three intel stock coolers and an older Zalman CPU cooler.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I think all of us combined have enough fans to perhaps make a room into a sort of wind vortex tunnel thinger.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    The rattling/grinding noise of my H80 drives me nuts. Seriously considering installing the stock cooler just to get rid of it.
    Tried mounting the pump sideways? Or lowering the voltage a bit (through fan controller or similar)?

If it's anything like the H100 I had to send back for the same reason, turning it sideways/upsidedown doesn't affect it all that much, and unless the H80's pump gets its power from a 3 pin fan connection (the H100 uses a molex) a fan controller isn't really an option either. I've read about people putting a diode inline with the 12V wire from the connection to the pump sometimes fixes it, or you can just RMA it.

Also, <impatient>WTB my watercooling stuff getting here already!</impatient>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adappy View Post
    If it's anything like the H100 I had to send back for the same reason, turning it sideways/upsidedown doesn't affect it all that much, and unless the H80's pump gets its power from a 3 pin fan connection (the H100 uses a molex) a fan controller isn't really an option either. I've read about people putting a diode inline with the 12V wire from the connection to the pump sometimes fixes it, or you can just RMA it.
    Well molex or fan connector it's just a plug so it can be changed.

http://www.amazon.com/3pin-power-4pi.../ref=pd_cp_e_3 or w/e

So Corsair just came out with their own series of fans and if they perform as well as they look, I'm definitely gonna buy a few:

link: http://www.corsair.com/us/blog/intro...r-series-fans/
    3930K . RIVE . 2x 7970 . Cosmos II . AX1200 . 3x Dell U2312hm
    Computer Setup / DH / huntard

The blue and white ones look fantastic.
    Apart from the ROG-motherboards, I really don't like red in cases. White/black, blue/black or if it had worked blue accents with a white base would be optimal for a complete build to me.
    &nbsp;

Deleted
    Those look rather nice actually. I do wonder how they perform though.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I really don't like red in cases.
    :-(

:-(
    I just think "Darth Maul" all over it. ._.
    &nbsp;

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never understood why H80's are shown as exhausting air out. Blowing the hot air inside the case across the radiator = derp. It would make a hell of a lot more sense to have it intake cool air from the rear, which is then exhausted out by the top fans. I had a good ~5-6c drop in temps when I reversed my H100 fans as intakes (in pull) instead of exhausts (in push).
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-05-03 at 09:58 PM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    you wouldn't want 60-80 degree air cooling your ram and motherboard

also, those corsair fans look awesome, but they look like another 'looks good, performs bad" fan, even with 3.1 mm/H2O pressure, 67 CFM is only okay for watercooling

Look what Fedex just dropped off at my door

Gonna start flushing the radiators/assembling the loop tomorrow

Deleted
    Hey guys I just have a quick question that I've been wondering about for quite a while.

Why in the world does EU pay more in EUROS than the US pays in DOLLARS for CPUs? I mean, we pay a whopping €204/$270 for an i5-3570k while it's for sale in the US for $189.99! I understand taxes and all that shit but this is just crazy.

And Sandy Bridge isn't much cheaper here either... €188/$250 for an i5-2500k is normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhidios View Post
    Hey guys I just have a quick question that I've been wondering about for quite a while.

Why in the world does EU pay more in EUROS than the US pays in DOLLARS for CPUs? I mean, we pay a whopping €204/$270 for an i5-3570k while it's for sale in the US for $189.99! I understand taxes and all that shit but this is just crazy.

And Sandy Bridge isn't much cheaper here either... €188/$250 for an i5-2500k is normal.
    Import taxes, VAT like danish moms, mostly import taxes though =)
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not always just import taxes, quite often some price-gouging happens along the way. Before it reaches your country it exchanges hands quite a few times, a bit more getting added to the price each time that happens (they've gotta make their bit of profit). You pay the final sum of it all.

Supply/demand in your region can further bork the prices e.g. since GTX680's are out of stock in US itself, imagine how long other countries have to wait for their stock to arrive. Retailers can take advantage of this by increasing the prices even further since people will do anything to get one.

Basically, live in USA or get fucked.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-05-05 at 09:44 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    Meh, bloody taxes. These prices are the only thing putting me off from building a new PC. I'm a poor student

Taking the non-MiR prices on PC Part Picker, I paid 11% more for my computer in euros than I would in USD (€1208,12=$1580,91, vs $1421,84). Given that sales tax is 20% here, import duty is 20% of the import value of the product and the profit margin of the company I bought the parts from, I don't think that is too bad a deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Basically, live in USA or get fucked.
    with the exception of computer parts and internet, i'd rather live in new zealand