Thread: Mage Macros

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Incorrect about the mirror image issues. The reason why the macro doesn't work properly is because a macro is read all at once and mirror images do trigger a GCD unless you have the Glyph of Arcane Power. In order for the glyph of arcane power to work so mirror images don't have a GCD, you would need a cast sequence macro to separate the casting of Arcane Power and the casting of Mirror Images. Most people will use a cast macro and then just pop Mirror Images after their first cast of arcane blast during the burn since then it will be off GCD.

Also, as far as I know from my own personal testing and others, glyph of mirror images is only a dps increase for Arcane. The cast time for glyphed Mirror Image fireball is too long and it causes it to do less dps than unglyphed.
    Last edited by Pookstar; 2012-02-29 at 08:17 PM.

Acquired Taste ~ US - Akama ~ 25Man Raiding Guild ~ HC MSV 6/6.HC HoF 3/6.TES 4/4

10+ Year Old Account
    So would you mind showing me what the DPS macros should look like then?

Also, HOLY CRAP 1,000 posts. I FINALLY got rid of the Dreadlord Title!
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

10+ Year Old Account

Question

#showtooltip [@pet,nodead,exists]Freeze;Summon Water Elemental
    /cast [nopet] Summon Water Elemental
    /cast [@pet,dead] Summon Water Elemental
    /stopmacro [@pet,dead]
    /cast Freeze
    /petpassive
    /petattack

Is there a way to do this macro that doesnt result in me saying I "need to be petted?"

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A nice simple one I've been using on the beta, really nice for frost bomb AOE shatters. A note, FoF doesn't currently proc off immunity on this freeze, so don't bother with it single target.

#showtooltip
    /cast [@targettarget]Ice Ward

For fire pve this has to be the most important macro for maximizing dps.
    It's very basic, but because you only get 1.5 - 2 seconds between each ignite tick this will pop combustion instantly when you see the right numbers.
    Without the stopcasting part you risk ignite ticking then dropping its damage.

/stopcasting
    /cast combustion

You can do the same thing for Impact spreading.

/stopcasting
    /cast fireblast

This will spread iginte to your targets then still tick 2 times before it falls off and since combustion ticks so fast, being able to spread it faster will get an extra tick or 2 on adds.
    eg : on Yorsahj combustion spreading to adds... 10 adds x 1 extra tick of 20k+ each = 200k+ dmg

Deleted
    /castsequence [@target, harm] reset=8 Fire Blast, Ice Lance, Ice Lance, Ice Lance, Ice Lance, Ice Lance, Ice Lance

Is there any way to prioritize mouseover and then target in a castsequence macro?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathos View Post
    /castsequence [@target, harm] reset=8 Fire Blast, Ice Lance, Ice Lance, Ice Lance, Ice Lance, Ice Lance, Ice Lance

Is there any way to prioritize mouseover and then target in a castsequence macro?
    Here you go.
    Code:
    /castsequence [@mouseover, harm][@target, harm] reset=8 Fire Blast, Ice Lance, Ice Lance, Ice Lance, Ice Lance, Ice Lance, Ice Lance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vaajtswv View Post
    Here you go.
    Thanks! <3

10+ Year Old Account
    any pvp fire mage macros?

Quote Originally Posted by bassick View Post
    any pvp fire mage macros?
    Focus sheep, focus impact, focus CS, focus LB. Combined with a modifier.

Smth like this

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift, target=focus] Polymorph; Polymorph

Deleted
    For the macro where [target=...] is use, it can be reduce to[@...]

for the above macro:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift, @focus] Polymorph; Polymorph

Not sure why, but when i use the macro

#showtooltip Combustion
    /stopcasting
    /cast Combustion

the macro works but it is also posting /stopcasting and /cast combustion in /say when ever i use the macros. Any idea why?

Deleted
    did you have a space between the S and the T of /stopcasting.
    Something like that: "/s topcasting"

or it can be a addon ...

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegam View Post
    Not sure why, but when i use the macro

#showtooltip Combustion
    /stopcasting
    /cast Combustion

the macro works but it is also posting /stopcasting and /cast combustion in /say when ever i use the macros. Any idea why?
    You probably have a space between the start of the macro and the / .

Fire Mage pvp macros; Arena 123 sheep, arena 123 cs, focus arena 123, focus/mouseover living bomb, focus impact/cs/sheep, decurse party 1/2.

Deleted
    Hey guys.
    Just wondering if anyone would be able to point me in the direction of a macro that I can use when switching to the tendon on HC spine. I have done a search of the thread, but most are just target boss and AB.

I tried the ones on Wowhead, but they always seem to miss something like mana gem. (It is in the macro, but doesn't get used).

Ideally, I would like the following to be used:
    Target Tendon (boss2?)
    Use arcane power,
    use Bottled wished,
    use mana gem,
    Cast PoM
    Cast ABx2 (with Pom up)

If anyone could help, that would be great

You are better off using 2 macro's. one to target the tendon and start your AB's. If you have it all in one macro, and are spamming it you are wasting time on cd's before you can even damage it. I suggest using something like this

macro 1:
    /tar boss2
    /tar boss3
    /cast Arcane Blast

Macro 2:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Arcane Power
    /use Mana Gem
    /use Volcanic Potion
    /use 13
    /use 14

Using PoM right after the amalg dies then spamming your macro 1 has been most effective for me

Is there anyway to obtain a list of all the spells that are off the GCD? It would be useful when sitting down to write macros.

Deleted
    It's include in all talents calculators.

If you are saying that I should go and browse trough the complete list of spells, that is not helpful. Not all spells show in the tooltip if they are off the GCD or not.
    Last edited by scuac; 2012-08-29 at 11:56 AM.