Poll: Which order will you join?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Which order will you be joining?

As most of us know, you will have the ability to join an order in GW2. This will likely determine how you 'defeat' Zhaitan in your personal story. Or at least how you end up getting to him FOR the fight.
    In Guild Wars 2 there are three orders, one of which the player joins as part of their personal storyline and which determines a significant portion of the higher level parts of that story.
    Here is a brief description of each order, as well as a link to the wiki pages for more information. Copypasta'd from the wiki, because I'm pretty lazy.

Durmand Priory
    The scholars of the priory believe the dragon might be defeated using ancient knowledge of a past victory.

Order of Whispers
    The secretive Whispers order believe the dragons cannot be defeated and must be returned to sleep.

Vigil
    Members of the militaristic Vigil believe a united army of all the races can defeat an elder dragon.

I'll be choosing the Vigil just to increase my chances of chillin with Ember Doomforge, and I'm assuming Vigil will be the most popular with Whispers being the least. Still, I am very curious to see what people are thinking of choosing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Order of Whispers, why try and fail to kill them when we know they can be put to sleep? Once they're sleeping we can attempt to kill em or hell just banish them to someone elses realm, out of site out of mind right?
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    prolly whispers b/c their style fits my thief

warrior totally rocking vigil tho

unsure for ranger
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Order of Whispers, why try and fail to kill them when we know they can be put to sleep? Once they're sleeping we can attempt to kill em or hell just banish them to someone elses realm, out of site out of mind right?
    I highly doubt they'd make one order significantly easier than another. Who says they'll just fall right back to sleep? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I highly doubt they'd make one order significantly easier than another. Who says they'll just fall right back to sleep? :P
    to keep the lore unified i bet theres going to be some m knight shyamalan twist right at the end to blow our minds

you know, some "there must always be a lich king" crap or something is gonna happen
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't lol, i said we KNOW they can be put to sleep we do NOT know whether they can be killed =P, for all we know you vigil folk are going straight to your deaths trying to kill something that's unkillable where as us intelligent order of whisper members are going to try to lull it back to slumber. even those Durmand people have a better idea then vigil, they want to research what happened way back when and then repeat it, which makes more sense then RAWR KILLZ IT WITH WEAPUNZ!!

---------- Post added 2012-05-08 at 12:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    to keep the lore unified i bet theres going to be some m knight shyamalan twist right at the end to blow our minds

you know, some "there must always be a lich king" crap or something is gonna happen
    I'm pretty sure in the personal story it's going to be like LAWLZ!! I'm zhaitan bitch you're all wrong!! *pimp slaps all the orders and flys away to dance in his fortress until the storymode dungeon where X magical thing happens to create Y outcome*
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't lol, i said we KNOW they can be put to sleep we do NOT know whether they can be killed =P, for all we know you vigil folk are going straight to your deaths trying to kill something that's unkillable where as us intelligent order of whisper members are going to try to lull it back to slumber. even those Durmand people have a better idea then vigil, they want to research what happened way back when and then repeat it, which makes more sense then RAWR KILLZ IT WITH WEAPUNZ!!
    but the vigil is headed by a charr. if that means lots of charr run straight to their deaths in futility im all for it

in the end its prolly going to be something like durmond finds an artifact to put the dragon to sleep and the vigil is cannon fodder until we can use it. that way everyone wins

PS: i want to theorycraft moar, all my threads in settings show no new posts =(
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    Priory, I like the scholarly theme.

I'm actually pretty surprised by the polls so far. I assumed killing dragons would be appealing to most people who like the fantasy genre. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually pretty surprised by the polls so far. I assumed killing dragons would be appealing to most people who like the fantasy genre. :P
    Yeah, but most dragons in the fantasy genre are the dragon equivalent to a vampire in twilight, in other words they're little posers that don't live up to the legends and try to play it off that's how they really are xD.

Dragons in legends are like the elder dragons, they're power incarnate and don't care what you do cause you're not gonna stop em!! That and if an elder dragon actually gets killed, they suddenly lose all that power and fear they built up in the hearts of the player base and become "that one thing we get to kill again." where if we have to put it to sleep and try to banish it or something it shows that it's so much more powerful then us we have to try to evade dealing with it at all costs and will forever remain POWERFUL.

Durmand Priory.

I'm a sucker for a beating dragons with the power of knowledge.

Dragons in legends are like the elder dragons, they're power incarnate and don't care what you do cause you're not gonna stop em!! That and if an elder dragon actually gets killed, they suddenly lose all that power and fear they built up in the hearts of the player base and become "that one thing we get to kill again."
    Which would be impractical in a game like this. I doubt they will take the people who selected Vigil and go "Aww, wrong choice. Too bad, now you're dead."

10+ Year Old Account
    I do enough of that in monster hunter, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    I do enough of that in monster hunter, lol
    Well I highly doubt it would be simply "Alright, there's Zhaitan. Let's go stick him with a sword real quick." :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Which would be impractical in a game like this. I doubt they will take the people who selected Vigil and go "Aww, wrong choice. Too bad, now you're dead."
    who said that? Vigil is around to fight off the dragon minions which has already been proven possible, it doesn't matter what us nerds in giftwrap do with our magical fancy pancy artifacts of sleeping pills if we don't have the vigil there to keep the minions at bay as we do our work. want a prime example of this? look at the end of Destiny's Edge where a certain LOW LIFE HUMAN SCUMBAG left the nerd in gift wrap unattended and caused an entire plan to fall apart...

Vigil will be important (EXTREMELY IMPORTANT) i just doubt that they will be killing the dragon directly but instead weakening it and slaughtering its minions and champions while the less combat oriented groups do their studies and perform their rituals.

IE: No one is right, no one is wrong, and all 3 groups will in the end work together for their goal, because face it they can't change what group was right per story that'd be stupid and inconsistent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I highly doubt it would be simply "Alright, there's Zhaitan. Let's go stick him with a sword real quick." :P
    We could sleep bomb him!

IE: No one is right, no one is wrong, and all 3 groups will in the end work together for their goal, because face it they can't change what group was right per story that'd be stupid and inconsistent.
    That I can agree with. It seemed that some were implying that Vigil was simply wrong because they are unkillable. While I don't think we could simply kill the elder dragons, to imply that one of the three choices is wrong is just silly.

who said that? Vigil is around to fight off the dragon minions which has already been proven possible, it doesn't matter what us nerds in giftwrap do with our magical fancy pancy artifacts of sleeping pills if we don't have the vigil there to keep the minions at bay as we do our work. want a prime example of this? look at the end of Destiny's Edge where a certain LOW LIFE HUMAN SCUMBAG left the nerd in gift wrap unattended and caused an entire plan to fall apart...

Vigil will be important (EXTREMELY IMPORTANT) i just doubt that they will be killing the dragon directly but instead weakening it and slaughtering its minions and champions while the less combat oriented groups do their studies and perform their rituals.

It's you're choice of which approach and group you take.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior - Vigil

My duel axes will rip the fucking head off the dragon i will feast on the dripping sluteque piece of shit that faggot dragon calls a throat...i will ram my edged blade so far into its scaly insignificunt skin that it'll be bleed the words WTFIDONTEVEN!!!!!.....bit graphic....yea vigil suits my warrior....errr....oh look a penny.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    I think my sylvari warrior will be going with Vigil.
    Finally someone who knows how to figh-....

sylvari
    Oh, salad. Great.
    <3