Page 13 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    I am kind of wary of a Key-chain, as since this game is REALLY early Beta, I do not want to give away a Beta invite to someone who will just Download it, play for a hour, ragequit at a few bugs/lack of content (due to not being implemented yet), and never use it again. Already ingame I have seen many people in the general chat expressing their dislike of the game due to bugs/content/not understanding the mechanics etc. saying "IT WILL FAIL" and other doomsayer things.
    Yeah, that is understandable. A lot of people have never experienced a true beta test, and are expecting it to be one of the new style sneak peek beta tests that have become so popular lately. I think that Red5 should have never really opened up the floodgates with giving beta testers invites to give out to other people, but they did, and there is no changing that, you can only hope that at least SOME of the people in the beta are actually trying to report bugs/give constructive feedback. There really is no way to determine who will be a good tester and who is just looking to get a sneak peek, unless you are willing to go back and read everything that they have posted, which most people aren't willing to do.
    It just made more sense to me to create a key chain here where I would at least HOPE that the people posting aren't just people that decided to create an account to try to get a beta invite like the majority of the Firefall forums are.

Looks interesting. Hope it does well. Please toss my name to the end of the list of people looking for a testing invite.

I am expecting it to crash before login (I am lucky enough to crash before login on almost every beta lol)

D3 crash upon login
    Tera, crash on splash screen
    Aion, crash on charac creation
    Guild Wars error on login
    GW2 error on login (lol)
    SWTOR error on character creation

Yes so lucky here to report and wait and try to help fix and clean teh shit that hits the fan
    Last edited by McFrotton; 2012-05-08 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    I am expecting it to crash before login (I am lucky enough to crash before login on almost every beta lol)

D3 crash upon login
    GW2 error on login (lol)

Yes so lucky here to report and wait and try to help fix and clean teh shit that hits the fan
    Sounds like there's something wrong with your comp...

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Sounds like there's something wrong with your comp...
    Bah no most of the thing were fixed by client patch from there side so I wasnt in the bad , And every game I play (live version) goes well with no crash or error.

Only Tera that was bugging out by my fault, I mis linked the folder on my HDD.

F2P is codeword for "pay to be competitive" and honestly, with all of these companies switching to this model, it has to actually generate more money. So, they will actually be making more money off of something that we are used to only paying $50-$60 and possibly a subscription if it is a mmo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    I am kind of wary of a Key-chain, as since this game is REALLY early Beta, I do not want to give away a Beta invite to someone who will just Download it, play for a hour, ragequit at a few bugs/lack of content (due to not being implemented yet), and never use it again. Already ingame I have seen many people in the general chat expressing their dislike of the game due to bugs/content/not understanding the mechanics etc. saying "IT WILL FAIL" and other doomsayer things.
    Well said. At this point in it's progress, we really don't need any more people using it as a demo or early access. We need testers.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post

D3 crash upon login
    GW2 error on login (lol)

Won't lie this is probably the most stable beta I've ever played. I seriously have never had it crash yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianV View Post
    F2P is codeword for "pay to be competitive" and honestly, with all of these companies switching to this model, it has to actually generate more money. So, they will actually be making more money off of something that we are used to only paying $50-$60 and possibly a subscription if it is a mmo.
    Except not at all. Here are some F2P games where you can't buy ANY in-game advantages (I don't count experience boosts as advantages) from the cash shops.

Aion
    Lineage 2
    Vindictus
    Champions Online
    Everquest 2
    tons of others.

Would you care to show some examples of games where this, "pay to be competitive" aspect is present? I will conceded that some of the smaller Asian MMO's do sell power through their cash shops, but the overwhelming majority of the big title games do not come close to doing that.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianV View Post
    You must not be very up on the F2P model if you think it is still "pay to be competitive." The games that have come out recently and the ones that are coming out have learned from the Eastern MMOs' mistakes. Players will outright refuse to play a F2P game when they are forced to pay money to get items that increase the power of their characters, that's why most F2P and B2P models have begun selling purely cosmetic and quality of life items in their shops.

---------- Post added 2012-05-08 at 10:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nalnik View Post
    Looks interesting. Hope it does well. Please toss my name to the end of the list of people looking for a testing invite.
    Need your Firefall forum name if you want to be added to the list

I enjoyed Global Agenda, and am currently loving Tribes, so I'm interested in getting on the key chain.

Firefall forum name is Kumduh

Quote Originally Posted by muxx View Post
    Won't lie this is probably the most stable beta I've ever played. I seriously have never had it crash yet.
    I would very much agree with this Statement. Thus far after putting around 10-12 hours into the game, I have only had 1 crash. That crash I think was mostly caused by myself as I just travelled as far out from the map as I could to see what happens (like WoWs fatigue etc) and crashed.

Their FPS rates and general server stability is quite well done, as being in a lot of other Betas over the years it is comparably more stable.

In all honesty it seems like they really tried to get the game mechanics and world stable before they tried throwing 1000 quests into the game, which i believe is a good thing. As in get the foundations sturdy before building your house on top of it. which is where I find a lot of betas fall behind because they try to push out the quests whilst the surroundings are still faulty, making for frustration when trying to bug-fix quests, since you are generally unsure if it was the quest bugged or the game mechanics/game world.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Ok remove me from the list just got a beta this morning ....Its christmas here diablo 3 release+ Firefall beta acces same day.......someone almost divided by zero near me ...

I just got into the firefall beta as well

15+ Year Old Account
    Just got my beta key as well. Minutes after I bought D3 .... SERIOUSLY
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

10+ Year Old Account
    is there any spare beta key??
    my forum account is shima D:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleo View Post
    Just got my beta key as well. Minutes after I bought D3 .... SERIOUSLY
    This smell shenanigans right? RIGHT?

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    I've never heard anything like this from Blizzard. Pretty sure everyone is aware they shuttered Blizzard North.
    Biggest. Mistake. Ever.

I got a beta invite this morning as well. I spent some time PVPing today and had a blast. IMO it's every bit as fun as TF2 on the pvp side. I have problems landing hits with some of the weapons though. Maybe its the weird crosshairs but at times I felt like I was lightin somebody up and they were taking no damage. Really hoping they add a way to change or even remove the crosshairs.

10+ Year Old Account
    can anyone spare a key? D:
    i will dance for it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.