Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    When the boss is pulled:
    Make sure you prepot (use a Potion of Tol'vir just before entering combat)
    Hunters Mark
    Fervor if low on Focus
    Serpent Sting
    Use your Bestial Wrath, Synapse Springs, Call of Wild macro with Blood Fury (if Orc) (don't use Rapid Fire, Berserking (if Troll) or Fervor, your shots are reduced by Bestial Wrath, it'd just be a waste)
    Kill Command
    Arcane Shot (Spam until Kill Command comes off CD)
    Kill Command
    Arcane Shot 2 or 3 more times since BW should still be up for a few more seconds.
    Is this really optimal? Wouldn't it be better to use rapid fire immediately to start with, waiting until it's duration is up. At this point you should have full stacks of Frenzy and Rabid so your pet during Bestial Wrath would be doing significantly more damage. It also starts your long cooldown going immediately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Namarus View Post
    Is this really optimal? Wouldn't it be better to use rapid fire immediately to start with, waiting until it's duration is up. At this point you should have full stacks of Frenzy and Rabid so your pet during Bestial Wrath would be doing significantly more damage. It also starts your long cooldown going immediately.
    Now that you mention it, that does make a lot more sense than what I've had up there.

After toying around on a training dummy for about 30 minutes this is the best "rotation" I could come up with.
    I've not played BM for a while so if you have a better opening rotation than what I post, do share.

Thanks

Hunter's Mark before pull.
    Make sure you prepot (use a Potion of Tol'vir just before entering combat)
    Rapid Fire
    Serpent Sting
    Kill Command
    Arcane Shot x2 (or 3 if you have to focus)
    Cobra Shot x1 (or 2 if Kill Command is on CD)
    Kill Command
    Arcane Shot x2 (or 3 if Rapid Fire is still up)
    Fervor if low on Focus
    Bestial Wrath (when Rapid Fire has faded)
    Kill Command
    Arcane Shot spam until Kill Command or Kill Shot come off CD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingHollowVeteran View Post
    Now that you mention it, that does make a lot more sense than what I've had up there.

After toying around on a training dummy for about 30 minutes this is the best "rotation" I could come up with.
    I've not played BM for a while so if you have a better opening rotation than what I post, do share.

Thanks
    I remember when I played BM last time and using BW and just spamming AS/KC it would leave SS sometimes to fall of depending on the distant to the boss/mob (if cobra has time to reach it) and with that rotation its pretty much sure that it will fall off. Not sure if this changes the "rotation" or not but tbh I would think doing one or 2 cobras instead of the Fervor and then use fervor at a different time then just before or after a BW because that would most likely cause SS to fall of.

Thanks
    Tbh I don't use a fixed rotation, I use a priority system. I try to always keep enough focus for a Kill Command so that it is used when the cooldown is up. Other than that I use Arcane when focus is around 70+ to bring it down, followed by cobra to bring it back up. Ensuring that I have full focus when Bestial Wrath is close to cooldown. I will normally use Fervor during a Bestial Wrath so I can arcane shot/kill command spam the whole time during.

But, isn't using Rapid Fire with Frenzy on yourself more advantageous? I think we just have to accept that due to pets needing to stack Frenzy, BM has a bit of ramp-up time. I rarely blow cooldowns right off the bat. I wait until my pet has 3-4 stacks of Frenzy to hit BW, and then use Rapid Fire once that's done and I consume his Frenzy stacks for my own Haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    *snip*
    I don't either. As I mention at the Rotation portion.

The most basic priority for single targets will be something like this:

1. If your pet is on the target, Kill Command
    2. If the mob is going to live long enough, apply Serpent Sting.
    3. If mob is below 20% health, Kill Shot
    4. If you have enough focus to cast Kill command on CD, Arcane Shot
    5. Cobra Shot

----

But here's a rough guideline to follow for "rotations", always use your better judgement when it comes to your next attack. BM doesn't exactly have a rotation, it's constantly changing, unlike MM and SV.

---------- Post added 2012-05-08 at 05:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    *snip*
    TBH I'm starting to think it's negligible. Because either way you or your pet is going to be benefiting in some way no matter how you decide to do it.

Deleted
    youtube. com/watch?v=8SkIfVb5XR8&feature=plcp

worldoflogs. com/rankings/players/Dragon_Soul/Hagara_the_Stormbinder/25H/Beast%20Mastery_Hunter/

GG

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes the best thing you can do is to bestial wrath at the start, why? For a couple reasons; first being that all your procs happen at the start ( pole arm, prepot, etc), also your pet starts with full focus at the start meaning more wild hunts which mean bigger melee hits ( yeah u can fervor but its a waste). Also if u rapid fire at the start u run the risk of procing 4 piece also which is a waste. Rapid fire isnt that great of a cool down, its really only good for mm ( it is still okay , just not amazing ) but it is better to use bestial wrath and all your cds, fallowed by rapidfire after. the burst at the beginning of a fight is way better using bestial wrath at the start then say 10 seconds into a fight. If you want to be good at BM its all about CD management and pet focus.

---------- Post added 2012-05-09 at 10:31 PM ----------

I repeat it is better to bestial wrath at the beginning of an encounter, not rapid fire like you have. You need to change that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    *snip*
    Reverted the change based on what you said here.

your pet starts with full focus at the start meaning more wild hunts which mean bigger melee hits ( yeah u can fervor but its a waste).
    Eh? How is using Fervor to get more Wild Hunt procs a waste?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    Eh? How is using Fervor to get more Wild Hunt procs a waste?
    its not a waste, thats when u do use it. its a waste to not beastial wrath at the beginning so u have to fervor to get more pet focus. meaning if you beastial wrath at the beginning, you dont have to fervor for your FIRST beastial wrath, you can save it for your second one. But if you wait and do rapid fire first then beastial wrath 10 seconds later, u basically waste fervor and dont have it for your second bestial. Thats what I meant.

Yes the best thing you can do is to bestial wrath at the start, why? For a couple reasons; first being that all your procs happen at the start ( pole arm, prepot, etc), also your pet starts with full focus at the start meaning more wild hunts which mean bigger melee hits ( yeah u can fervor but its a waste). Also if u rapid fire at the start u run the risk of procing 4 piece also which is a waste. Rapid fire isnt that great of a cool down, its really only good for mm ( it is still okay , just not amazing ) but it is better to use bestial wrath and all your cds, fallowed by rapidfire after. the burst at the beginning of a fight is way better using bestial wrath at the start then say 10 seconds into a fight. If you want to be good at BM its all about CD management and pet focus.

---------- Post added 2012-05-09 at 10:31 PM ----------

I repeat it is better to bestial wrath at the beginning of an encounter, not rapid fire like you have. You need to change that.
    Interesting point of view there. So what you are saying is that 25% pet melee attack power increase from rabid is worth less than the procs from various items. I disagree with this.

The staff proc can take around 8-9s to completely max out, in that time you BW is almost over, where at with my method factoring in a delay where you are waiting for it to proc, you could have a full BW with the majority of that staff buff going. While yes gaining a 4 set proc during rapid fire would be a waste, the proc from this is a pretty minor dps increase compared to a full stacked rabid+ BW. The amount of attack power that the pet inherits from the owner is minor compared to a 25% total increase in pet attack power. I forget the total amount inherited, but last time I looked I thought it was around 30% of attack power. So assuming those numbers the pet would gain about 650 ap from a fully stacked Kiril. I can't even recall off the top of my head how much ap my pet has as BM, but you would need a pet AP of around 1.4k to beat the AP gains from Kiril. I can assure you that my pet has much MUCH more AP than that. So Rabid is worth a hell of a lot more.

Deleted
    Interesting point of view there. So what you are saying is that 25% pet melee attack power increase from rabid is worth less than the procs from various items. I disagree with this.

The staff proc can take around 8-9s to completely max out, in that time you BW is almost over, where at with my method factoring in a delay where you are waiting for it to proc, you could have a full BW with the majority of that staff buff going. While yes gaining a 4 set proc during rapid fire would be a waste, the proc from this is a pretty minor dps increase compared to a full stacked rabid+ BW. The amount of attack power that the pet inherits from the owner is minor compared to a 25% total increase in pet attack power. I forget the total amount inherited, but last time I looked I thought it was around 30% of attack power. So assuming those numbers the pet would gain about 650 ap from a fully stacked Kiril. I can't even recall off the top of my head how much ap my pet has as BM, but you would need a pet AP of around 1.4k to beat the AP gains from Kiril. I can assure you that my pet has much MUCH more AP than that. So Rabid is worth a hell of a lot more.
    Why are you talking about Rabid when the post you quoted talked about Rapid Fire?

Quote Originally Posted by Weirdbear View Post
    Why are you talking about Rabid when the post you quoted talked about Rapid Fire?
    In the time it takes for rapid fire to expire you have built up 5 stacks of rabid, read the original post!

Wouldn't it be better to use rapid fire immediately to start with, waiting until it's duration is up. At this point you should have full stacks of Frenzy and Rabid so your pet during Bestial Wrath would be doing significantly more damage. It also starts your long cooldown going immediately.
    So what I'm saying is that it's better to wait for 15s to get the stacks of rabid and frenzy than it is to just blow BW right at the start followed by Rapid fire. The BW at the start method has a very weak BW vs waiting 15s and using a STRONG BW.
    Last edited by Namarus; 2012-05-22 at 12:18 PM.

Thanks for the guide

Deleted
    I love spirit beasts so this will let me play better as a BM hunter thanks:-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Updates! Updates galore!

If there's anything you think should be changed or I missed just mention it.

I know this is an extremely silly question, but why isn't it recommended to stack RF+BW? Is it because the sheer amount of focus being generated through RF makes it a waste?

Also, when the OP says, 'I do Rapid Fire before Bestial Wrath to allow stacks of Focus Fire to get more out of Bestial Wrath'. Isn't it not recommended to use BW+FF since your pet won't have any Frenzy stacks going into BW? Or does he mean to use RF in the mean time to stack up Frenzy before using BW?
    Last edited by timoseewho; 2012-08-31 at 12:04 AM.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    I know this is an extremely silly question, but why isn't it recommended to stack RF+BW? Is it because the sheer amount of focus being generated through RF makes it a waste?
    Precisely. Also, if you're a Orc use Bloodfury with Bestial Wrath, and again don't use Troll racial Berserking with Bestial Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    Also, when the OP says, 'I do Rapid Fire before Bestial Wrath to allow stacks of Focus Fire to get more out of Bestial Wrath'. Isn't it not recommended to use BW+FF since your pet won't have any Frenzy stacks going into BW? Or does he mean to use RF in the mean time to stack up Frenzy before using BW?
    No, you leave Focus Fire alone until after BW is done. More Haste to your pet is more beneficial when BW is active.
    Last edited by Serj Tankian; 2012-08-31 at 01:36 AM.

I hear different stat priorities from so many different places.