3.Argo
    4.Lincoln
    5.Looper
    6.The Avengers
    7.The Secret World of Arriety
    8.The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
    9.The Dark Knight Rises
    10.Moonrise Kingdom

For my list, 1 and 2 are interchangeable they both received the highest rating I can give a movie, Argo, and Lincoln are both interchangeable, and Looper, the Avengers, and Secret World of Arriety are interchangeable. The Hobbit, Rises, and Playbook are also all interchangeable.

There may be a couple more changes since there are still 3-4 promising movies coming out.
    Last edited by Markluzz; 2012-12-31 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerodynamic View Post
    1-10 Avengers.
    That's pretty true

15+ Year Old Account
    Not many good movies that I've seen so far so, don't hate my 1-3 list.

The Avengers (duh)
    The Cabin in the Woods.
    .....21 Jump Street.

Jaunary was slow as always, Febuary as well, March.....nothing, April...just one movie. May, just one movie for me, and I've seen it. June. Prometheus shall be added to my list and july, the dark knight. Skyfall and The Hobbit are the only other movies I see getting added to my list, (unless Gravity truly does come out this November, but I have a feeling it'll be pushed back).

Deleted
    I know the year isnt even half over so you can't have a definite top 10 right now what this thread is for is to begin creating your top 10 list, you don't need 10 movies right now maybe only 3 or so. Just start making your top 10

1.The Avengers
    2.The Secret World of Arriety
    3.Chronicle (most likely won't stay on by the end of the year)
    4.The Hunger Games (most likely won't stay on by the end of the year)
    Call me cynical, but I got a dark feeling that this thread is one of those ''I've seen the Avengers movie and I loved it'' threads.

Anywayz, I haven't seen any movie in 2012 yet, so far nothing really has sparked my interest (other than Avengers but only because it's Marvel, although I still have a bad taste of other superhero movies)
    Last edited by mmocf1858d9362; 2012-05-05 at 10:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Avengers: I am a Marvel fan after all...
    2) Clash of the Titans: I love mythology
    3) Underworld: I love vampires also lol
    4) Ghost Rider 2: Spirits Vengeance
    5) The Journey 2: Due lack of other good movies
    6) ...
    7) ...
    8) ...
    9) ...
    10) ...

Haven't really had interest in movies so far this year. The Avengers is just about it.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

1-10. The Avengers

Movies that aren't released yet, but will most likely be very successful and I am eagerly awaiting:

- The Expendables 2
    - The Bourne Legacy
    - The Dark Knight Rises
    - Battleship
    - Spiderman
    - Men In Black 3

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnasnimadan View Post
    Call me cynical, but I got a dark feeling that this thread is one of those ''I've seen the Avengers movie and I loved it'' threads.

Anywayz, I haven't seen any movie in 2012 yet, so far nothing really has sparked my interest (other than Avengers but only because it's Marvel, although I still have a bad taste of other superhero movies)
    Well, summer just started, there was not a spring movie that could top The Avengers, and January-Febuary usually sucks. It'll get bumped down for me once Prometheus comes out, and probably for a few others when The Dark Knight comes out, it's just the best, so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Avengers was the best mainstream movie so far, haven’t seen many this year, but I will most likely begin to stream good-reviewed 2012 pictures soon, like I did last year.

By the way, if you want some ideas for which movies you could look forward to this year or the next, head to my thread: Most Anticipated Pictures of 2012. I have lined up a long list, including director and lead actors/actresses, so you won’t be mislead.

For me.
    1. titanic
    2. Chronicle
    3. The Avengers
    I hope i will find more great movies this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still haven't seen Cabin the Woods yet but thus far:

1. The Grey
    2. 21 Jump Street
    3. The Woman In Black

I saw The Avengers and I was too disappointed for it to make the cut (same with The Hunger Games). Lots more good stuff stuff coming out this year so my list is going to (hopefully) get tougher.

is it just me who hates most "super heroes" movies? they dont seem to make any sense to me and they seem intended for 10-16. and this is from a guy that plays WoW

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine110 View Post
    For me.
    1. titanic
    2. Chronicle
    3. The Avengers
    I hope i will find more great movies this year.
    Titanic came out over a decade a go...

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    Titanic came out over a decade a go...
    he probably means the 3d version xd

15+ Year Old Account
    1. Cabin in the Woods
    2. Hunger Games
    3. The Avengers
    4-10: Haven't seen any other in theater or new releases from 2012 iirc

Listing is irrelevent though. With the entire summer still to go plus the ridiculously loaded Holiday season my list will be completely different I'm sure. #1 will probably end up being Lincoln or Djano Unchained. Lincoln is going to be seriously fantastic I'm sure.

Potential top 10s in rough order of release: Moonrise Kingdom, Prometheus, Brave, Beasts of the Southern Wilds, Spiderman, Dark Knight Rises, the Watch, Bourne Legacy, Total Recall, Lawless, 7500, Dredd, Looper, Argo, Wreck it Ralph, Skyfall, Anna Karenia (so I don't have to read the book ever!), Rise of the Guardians, Hobbit, Les Miz, Django Unchained, Great Gatsby (double Leo day!), Lincoln, all the movies from earlier in the year I missed, and I'm sure several more I missed scanning the release dates.

Quote Originally Posted by zingar View Post
    he probably means the 3d version xd
    True, but it's still the same movie right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zingar View Post
    is it just me who hates most "super heroes" movies? they dont seem to make any sense to me and they seem intended for 10-16. and this is from a guy that plays WoW
    Seeing as the Avengers is about to crest the $1 billion mark, ya it is mostly just you. Millions of people grew up with these characters either reading comics or watching cartoons. If you didn't then they probably aren't going to be relevant to you and you won't be interested. They aren't aimed at 10-16 year olds though, although that is certainly part of the audience. For Avengers in the States the divide between age groups (measure at 25+ and under 25) was almost dead even and actually leaned older from the last info I saw iirc. The market for superheroes is massive because they have been cultural icons for decades. Hell my grandpa used to watch the Adam West Batman tv show in the 60s.

---------- Post added 2012-05-08 at 10:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    True, but it's still the same movie right?
    Ya but with more 3d Winslet boobs (except in China). Post production 3d can suck it. I hope Cameron did a good job of it, which I'm sure he did, because most post-production 3d is just a god awful money grab technique.

1. The Avengers
    2. The Hunger Games
    3. Iron Sky

Movies that will very likely come on the list:
    4. The Hobbit (totally going to be movie of the year)
    5. The Dark Knight Rises (don't let down after Dark Knight please!)
    6. Brave (Pixar movies are total win)
    7. The Amazing Spiderman
    8. Breaking Dawn Part 2
    9. Ice Age 4
    10: No idea.

Really picking straws at the end of the list, but 10 movies are a lot, it's rare that we get more than 3-5 REALLY good movies each year.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2012-05-09 at 06:07 AM.

1 - 10. Tdkr
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space