Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Thinking about rerolling to a lock come MoP...

So, I am a long time player, and have never rolled a warlock all the way 85. For those of you who have played a lock in MoP beta, how are you liking it so far? I am well aware that beta is not even close to being complete, and that things might change. But for those of you who have played a lock, how are you liking it?

I have been playing my Priest(holy and shadow) and could really use a change when I come back to the game for MoP.

So....how are you liking the changes so far? I enjoy the multi-dot juggling, and seeing large numbers pop up on my screen, so I am used to that aspect of dps.

I just think its time for a fresh start when it comes to MoP, and was hoping locks would be a great change of scenery.

What are YOUR thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you enjoy multidot juggling, MoP locks won't be for you. Current locks are. Stay with the priest imo. Everyone's going to be rolling a lock in MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    If you enjoy multidot juggling, MoP locks won't be for you. Current locks are. Stay with the priest imo. Everyone's going to be rolling a lock in MoP.
    If they keep going in the direction they are with grimoire talents and lvl 90 tier talents also kinda garbage i'm not so sure this is true. We might get a lot of people rolling one because of the flashy aspect of say demonology, but the allure of flashy spells doesn't last long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makisupa View Post
    What are YOUR thoughts?
    Shadow Priest is looking great right now.

---------- Post added 2012-05-09 at 01:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    If they keep going in the direction they are with grimoire talents and lvl 90 tier talents also kinda garbage i'm not so sure this is true. We might get a lot of people rolling one because of the flashy aspect of say demonology, but the allure of flashy spells doesn't last long.
    I'm not even sure the allure of flashy spells will help Demo unless they can find a direction. Fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    For what it's worth, despite my constant bitching, a lot of our issues are hopefully being fixed up. But as of live, yes, Shadow Priest is looking really great.

That said they still have plenty of room to fuck up (which they seem to have taken quite a bit of it), but at least they have/had the right idea.

10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2012-05-09 at 01:33 PM ----------

I'm not even sure the allure of flashy spells will help Demo unless they can find a direction. Fast.
    They have a direction, it just isn't coherant enough at the moment.

Affliction Locks are pretty fun to get into, more so than shadowpriests imo, the only thing I will say is the damage looks like it will be dismal because of the haste nature of the main nuke spell.

Destro still feels like it's lacking something. either that or it feels like I am constantly forgetting to do something. Is Rain of Fire supposed to be considered a DoT now?

AoE drain life is OP too.
    dictated but not read.

Deleted
    I kinda like the way Affliction & Destruction are shaping... but demo, there is something very wrong with the spec - can't see where the developers are going with it.Anyway, too early to start drawing conclusions, I guess.

As for Shadow Priests -- they are looking good, and even though warlocks are getting so many things in MoP, I must say that I am extremely jealous of their Void Tendrils spell.

Give it back, we even have a tentacle/faceless themed set dammit!

I was glad when I heard they completely overhauled the warlock. They can't do anything that's worse then the current sorry state of the lock I thought. Maybe they even realised that permanently beating on locks isn't all that healthy for a game and everything will get better now.
    Oh boy was I wrong...

I'm still hoping for fixes of our biggest issues since it's still early better, but I played the lock too long to expect anything that won't make me switch mains

Quote Originally Posted by Makisupa View Post
    I enjoy the multi-dot juggling, and seeing large numbers pop up on my screen, so I am used to that aspect of dps.
    Well, then sadly this is not the class you are looking for
    This was what I thought about Locktanking before Scumbag Greg took it away

Envý - Kult der Schattenflamme

I dont know if I would re-roll a warlock right now. That sentiment may be very different when panda actually releases, but the design of the class is currently very nebulous. They do have some time to set things right, or at least set them to be somewhat understandable, but until then, I would not being leveling a lock. I know that, sadly, I won't be picking my lock to get to 90 first, as there is very little to get me interested in the class.

I don't have a good feeling about this situation, and I'm worried locks will be "broken" till at least the first major patch after panda release. What I'm seeing right now is far worse than the "ISF for all specs!" snafu of early cata.

Actualy Warlock isnt that good in MOP, loads of work needs to be done still.

Aff is the most solid spec atm but still lacks QOL improvements such as OOC shard regen, utilty vs damage soulshard managment, and gets oom to fast be prepared to lifetap loads of time

Demo its a mess, every 2 patches, something changes and/or brakes, devs are going in a S with it. Either could tank now it cant, it was a melee/range hybrid caster now it isn't.

Destro seems bland, embers arent the cool thing that was announced at Blizzcon, rotation its boring and while CB hits like a truck, conflag and incinerate hits like wet noodles

i know for a fact that they will not release MOP with a class not finalized and underpowered.
    they have made some interesting changes to my class so far and just because some spells are diff it doesnt mean nerf.
    it's like music ....u record everything individually and at first something will be too loud and something else too soft or something will be further added or removed. just be patient, the 'mastering' of the class will be the last step.
    for now those final tier talents need to change x_x
    archimonde's vengence can stay IF the dmg return doesnt break cc
    Peace, the number 1 reason for War.
    Fight on my minions
    /petattack

with the account wide titles/achieves/mounts i might be rerolling into something else. not sure what yet but after so many years of playing my lock as my main and playing the beta, its just not doing it for me anymore
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Quote Originally Posted by salpsan View Post
    i know for a fact that they will not release MOP with a class not finalized and underpowered.
    Of course they won't. The lock never was underpowered in the first place. Right now we are in a good place if played right, the problem is only that it's kinda complex to play him at that level. Especially if you compare him with other classes...

He won't be underpowered, but the question is will they get rid of "clunky" mechanics like ISF, pet twisting or the drainsoul/haunt interaction we have right now in MoP? Will we have at least one spec with viable burst? And above all, will it be finally fun again to play one?

But they actually seem to listen this time, so I do have some faith (and hope it isn't misplaced )
    This was what I thought about Locktanking before Scumbag Greg took it away

Envý - Kult der Schattenflamme

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    i am playing lock for 4 years now and as a faithful lock i am sick and tired of these posts about rerolling to locks ... they just give 2 special effect to locks and they just want to reroll ...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    with the account wide titles/achieves/mounts i might be rerolling into something else. not sure what yet but after so many years of playing my lock as my main and playing the beta, its just not doing it for me anymore
    Me too, it's just not what I was feeling for a good chunk of the last 2 expacs, but I didn't want to lose everything I've done and worked for.

demo has direction, its going downhill ... fast

Deleted
    warlocks are not new. they have been included since vanilla. the only reason someone would want to start fresh, is cos of "oh wow mop locks are gonna be so cool" which pisses off people that have been been locks since bc. we have stuck through all the shitty dps, and the problems with the class only because of the fact they are difficult to play, and we like the lore, and the image. if everyone decides to play one come mop like dks in wotlk, blizz have lost another subscriber, and loads more than i. So my question to you is WHY now? cos "you like large numbers pop up on your screen"? please go and play cod. or a mage.

Quote Originally Posted by acceptdeath View Post
    warlocks are not new. they have been included since vanilla. the only reason someone would want to start fresh, is cos of "oh wow mop locks are gonna be so cool" which pisses off people that have been been locks since bc. we have stuck through all the shitty dps, and the problems with the class only because of the fact they are difficult to play, and we like the lore, and the image. if everyone decides to play one come mop like dks in wotlk, blizz have lost another subscriber, and loads more than i. So my question to you is WHY now? cos "you like large numbers pop up on your screen"? please go and play cod. or a mage.
    You realize how stupid this sounds right? You are crying because they made your class really cool in the eyes of some people.

So much I don't even...wut
    Last edited by Volitar; 2012-05-13 at 06:43 PM.
    Hi Sephurik

A lot of people jump ship and reroll to whatever the "it" class is for the time. Second toon i ever created was my lock, first toon was still a lvl 15 and was about to stop playing, havent looked back since, I have always raided my lock as my main and prolly always will. I have seen sac locks be the only dps that mattered in BC, being able to top the meters in lk with the rotation played right, and now all you hear is we suck in cata but yet i can still beat legendary mages. I guess if you stick with a class long enough you know how to play them properly and know all the in's and out's of the class. Old adage, what do you do with lemons? you make lemonade. Don't reroll a lock cuase you think our damage is extreme right now, we still have MONTHS of beta and testing and chagnes and tweeks to come. Play what you enjoy becuase you enjoy the class. Hell, come 5.2 or 3 or whatever number, we may be sucking wind and you will be rerolling again, never completely knowing a class since all you worry about is big numbers popping up on your screen, turn scrolling damage off and you will never worry about it again, as long as you are competative on the report is all that should matter, just wondering, do you die in fire often?

T
    Quote Originally Posted by acceptdeath View Post
    Woah rolled a lock in bc? Huh, I rolled a lock when wow started, it was my 1st character, and it's been my main ever since.. Love all you guys who re-rolled a lock during their peak (BC). Surely you've re-rolled, chasing the new OP class by now?

If you did'nt roll a lock until BC you didn't get your lock mount the classic way, or your infernal, doom guard.. You rolled one after getting owned several times In a bg or arena?

Lock4life
    Last edited by Pwnyboy; 2012-05-15 at 06:34 AM.