Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Politically Correct Madness in the United Kingdom

I can really not believe what happened here.

The British Police didnt want to investigate an Asian Peodaphile gang for fear of being deemed Racist.

Poor Ol Britain has lost the plot bringing in so many immigrants that it now effects white victims of crime.

Police and social workers in England have been accused of failing to investigate a South Asian paedophile gang for fear of being perceived as racist, leaving the men free to prey on up to 50 white girls.

They were petrified of being called racist and so reverted to the default of political correctness.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/racism-f...#ixzz1uMZVUqq9

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post

The British Police didnt want to investigate an Asian Peodaphile gang for fear of being deemed Racist.

Poor Ol Britain has lost the plot bringing in so many immigrants that it now effects white victims of crime.

Police and social workers in England have been accused of failing to investigate a South Asian paedophile gang for fear of being perceived as racist, leaving the men free to prey on up to 50 white girls.

They were petrified of being called racist and so reverted to the default of political correctness.

Ship in some American police to thump some skulls, they live for the violence.

Careful about the nation-bashing. - Mod
    Last edited by Dacien; 2012-05-09 at 05:55 PM.

Deleted
    P.C. really does take the piss honestly.

I'll be surprised if they don't change the colours on chess sets next because White always moves first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Ship in some American police to thump some skulls, they live for the violence.
    I just watched a video of ~10 policemen beating a defenceless, half naked, mentally ill homeless man to death. Please don't send any of your thugs here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Unify View Post
    I just watched a video of ~10 policemen beating a defenceless, half naked, mentally ill homeless man to death. Please don't send any of your thugs here.
    Yes, I'd have to agree. The British police force might be slow at times, but I have a lot of respect for them. They can solve the majority of arrests without having to resort to violence. The American police force just seems overly violent to me however.

Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    Yes, I'd have to agree. The British police force might be slow at times, but I have a lot of respect for them. They can solve the majority of arrests without having to resort to violence. The American police force just seems overly violent to me however.
    Of course it does. When you see nothing but the violent stories it makes you think that they are much more violent. I know you said 'seems', but still.

Oh well.

Deleted
    this really angers me, race doesnt even come to the question here. this could happen to anyone and is frankly sickening. not just bcoz it happened but the forces that are supposed to prevent or protect people are refusing to act upon it.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ke-shower.html

10 year old refuses to take a shower...CALL THE POLICE TO TASER HER!

i'm happy with our police thank you very much :S

10+ Year Old Account
    The American police force is so brutal because it takes almost no prerequisite to be a part of a group of authority with almost unlimited power over civilians. It attracts psychopaths and the dimwitted, testosterone filled mongoloids that liked to shove kids into lockers in high school.

On Topic: Political correctness is out of control, if people are offended, let them be offended. What are they going to do about it? Whine you out of a job?

Quote Originally Posted by Smoshreptar View Post
    The American police force is so brutal because it takes almost no prerequisite to be a part of a group of authority with almost unlimited power over civilians. It attracts psychopaths and the dimwitted, testosterone filled mongoloids that liked to shove kids into lockers in high school.
    Good to see you have an open world view and are willing to realize that people are people.

Deleted
    Granted, this should not of happened, the police should not feel like they will be accused of racism....On the other-hand the police is institutionally racist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Good to see you have an open world view and are willing to realize that people are people.
    Well the American police force that the rest of the world is presented with makes it difficult for some people to make judgements otherwise. It just seems as though the American police force resort to violence more quickly and easily than the British. I'm not sure if that's purely because of origin, or if it has something to do with the way the establishments are run, or the fact that American police officers are given weapons (tazers(sp)) more easily.
    It's interesting to look at it from that perspective, as it's been shown that those put in authority may be caused to act more violently if their superior provides them with a weapon. That gesture, to some people, is seen as an act of telling them it's alright to use force/violence.

Anyway, this thread is getting terribly off-topic.

I think it's ridiculous the level of PC in the UK. When I was in school, I thought it was hilarious that we could no longer call the white board a white board, but it seems that it's getting to the stage where political correctness is crossing a boundary into obstructing justice, and that's just plain wrong. The police should have the right to investigate any claim on something as serious as this. Even if it ended up being a false lead, it's not racist, it's trying to keep people safe.

That's a horrible story. How can stuff like that be allowed to happen?

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    It's getting to the point of absolute ridiculousness now.
    Racism is a serious problem, not a bloody get-out-of-jail-free card for any criminal that happens to not be white.
    The term is bandied about unnecessarily so often these days, that whenever I read a headline about racism, I do an internal eye-roll.

And yeah, I laughed the day we were told that we weren't allowed to call white boards white, and we weren't allowed to call black boards black.
    Oh, and no more baa baa black sheep in pre-school. Because that's apparently racist.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post

they should have passed it to the Met to investigate, they would have just arrested and beaten every Asian they saw in case they might have been a paedophile/part of a terrorist cell.

---------- Post added 2012-05-09 at 01:41 PM ----------

also, there is no actual evidence of the Police not investigating due to fear of racism, just conjecture from untrustworthy morons.

It's more common than the media depicts, unfortunately. Some areas in Britain have a significant multi-cultural population, with little to no integration. I consider racism to be a terrible thing, but it does beggar belief that political correctness has gotten so out of hand. Then again, if the police did act sooner, chances are the criminals would play the 'race' card. It's a self sabotaging circle.
    Last edited by YoghurtSpoonDuckCeiling; 2012-05-09 at 12:44 PM.

Deleted
    Hmmmm what scenario is more likely?

-The police actually failed to investigate a case out of fear of being called racists.

-The press distorted and manipulated a set of facts to make a shocking story and sell more.

I lean on the second option, myself. It's hard to get a grain of truth out of press stories, anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelheim View Post
    It's more common than the media depicts, unfortunately. Some areas in Britain have a significant multi-cultural population, with little to no integration. I consider racism to be a terrible thing, but it does beggar belief that political correctness has gotten so out of hand. Then again, if the police did act sooner, chances are the criminals would play the 'race' card. It's a self sabotaging circle.
    there are plenty of examples of current investigations into UK Police forces where they have been quite happy to not only arrest non-white British citizens, but to do so without any reason other than their ethnicity, and also to unlawfully assault them. as I said, there is no evidence that these arrests were not made out of excessive Political Correctness, the problem was this is not a traditional paedophile ring, victims were often of legal age and consented to being 'picked up', but later given alcohol and drugs, making the arrest process difficult. there was a severe lack of coherency and justice in this case, but posts like the original are trying to make it about race, when it simply is not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Digits View Post
    That's a horrible story. How can stuff like that be allowed to happen?
    Because we live in a country where people get employed because they have a foreign name over people with an English name.

Because we live in a country where there is no such thing as free speech

Because we live in a country where The Victim of crime is given less protection that those committing the crime.

Because we live in a country where Blackboards are called Chalkboards not to offend anyone (yet white boards are still white boards and not dry wipe marker boards)

Because we live in a country where the 400th anniversary firework display of the thwarting of the gunpowder plot to blow up parliament was stopped as it might offend catholics

Because we live in a country where a Business man waited 8 days for police to arrive to his firm after a violent robbery, yet there was Traffic police manning a speed trap on a nearby road.

I could go on, but you get the idea. The UK is Fucked up royally where Political correctness is concerned.
    I am in no way shocked or surprised that this happened, I am also 100% convinced that gangs like this know that they can simply play the race card and throw a massive spanner in the works of any investigation.

As a resident of the UK, I can only agree things are getting ridiculous. Personally I've been of the opinion that political correctness in general can bite it for a long time now but I understand why it exists. The problem here is people are so desperate to be politically correct it's starting to be actually, physically dangerous. For example, if they don't investigate this gang and some kid somewhere gets taken as a result you can ramble on about human rights or how your officers "did the only ethical thing at the time" all you like but the simple fact is the "bad guys" don't care. I'm not saying the police shouldn't either but sometimes you need to just swallow political correctness and kick down a door or two. If it hurts somebody's feelings somewhere or carries implied racism then so be it. Crime is crime, race has nothing to do with investigating something suspicious.

Technically we don't actually have any police officers left in the UK. They're called something like "civil support officers" now.

Ugh.
    "Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken. Always and forever!"

Perfection is so horribly dull, don't you think?