Page 1 of 42
... LastLast

WoW Stable at 10.2 Million Subscribers

WoW Stable at 10.2 Million Subscribers
    Activision Blizzard's press release states that World of Warcraft is still at 10.2 million subscribers as of 3/31/12. This is the same amount of subscribers from Q4 2011. A few other interesting points:

• Battle.Net has 10 million users.
    • 1.2 million people bought the Annual Pass.
    • 2 million people played the Diablo 3 open beta.
    • Pre-orders for Diablo 3 have set a new record for Blizzard. This number includes units pre-ordered as part of the Annual Pass promotion, as well as retail and digital pre-orders.
    • Blizzard renewed their license with NetEase for the distribution of World of Warcraft in mainland China, and it will continue for an additional three years following the expiration of the current license agreement.

Last edited by chaud; 2012-05-09 at 10:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watching Haters Writhe in Agony, it is a very good day.

Deleted
    Sort of an unfair estimate, what with the annual pass...

Anyone else has any thoughts on this?

good that'll hopefully shutup everyone saying wow is dead and subscriptions would dramatically fall.

edit - even with the annual pass those people are the ones that want to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    Watching Haters Writhe in Agony, it is a very good day.
    The only thing that would be more entertaining is watching them if the subs go up after MoP comes out.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

10+ Year Old Account
    surprising cause of DS lasting this long but at the same time unsurprising because of the lvl 80 scroll and AP

I am not suprised that WoW is stable with the annual pass + Scroll, but will it stay like this with so much DS?

Just as I predicted.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Renuald View Post

Yes it sure is unfair that a company is trying to keep people around....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Good. Only reason I care about those numbers is for shutting up all the haters...
    Going to McDonalds for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug.

GG the haters get owned today.

Quote Originally Posted by Karnige View Post
    good that'll hopefully shutup everyone saying wow is dead and subscriptions would dramatically fall.

edit - even with the annual pass those people are the ones that want to play.
    it won't shut them up, they'll just claim that its due to some conspiracy by blizz. it'll be interesting to see which conspiracy they go for this time though

10+ Year Old Account

How is it an unfair estimate? A paid subscriber, is still a paid subscriber. The annual pass doesn't excuse you from paying...unless I'm missing something.

Dufaq? how is counting paying customers unfair? wtf is wrong with you?

The annual pass only had 1.2-1.5million people sign up. Which means that about 9 million people still play without any kind of agreement locking them in.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Deleted
    Woot awesome news, I guess the numbers are just going to rise with MoP

Wasn't their news of another MMO with way less subscribers losing 400k this week? <3

Swtor looses 400k subs and in the same time frame WoW doesnt even lose 100k. Looks like WoW got saved by alot of AP subs that are not playing but still paying. (aka me)
    Diablo 3 next week YAY time to make that money back!

TOR -400k
    WoW no change

Many lawls are had.

awesome news tbh

So what now, haters?
    Last edited by Nokami; 2012-05-09 at 08:49 PM.