Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This thread is entertaining. Wow fanboys are like apple fanboys are very similar in feeling some sort of pride & joy when a corporation is making millions/billions :P

For the record im a wow player/subscriber and I have IOS devices

Quote Originally Posted by tricdru View Post
    Correction...

Better-than-expected quarter driven by:
    -Annual Pass subscribers
    People are blind to the clever marketing ploys they are using to keep sub numbers higher than active players actually represent. The free level 80 via scroll of res was placed very convienently in terms of dates to ensure that people would be subbed for the quarter also.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirreludecker View Post
    No. DOTA is a starcraft expansion. the F2P is Titan. (as titan is not an MMORPG)
    Blizzard Dota is a Standalone game, with Support as Mod for Starcraft. And its F2P, you dont need the whole Starcraft2 game to Play it.
    Its a simple fact, the F2P Game is BlizzDota.

Quote Originally Posted by Varulv View Post
    Hater? Far from it I actually find WoW very enjoyable and really looking forward to MoP... but seeing that MoP might take another 5 months to release, don't you think that the subs will fall dramatically?Another 5 months of this particular content, really?Just being realistic here, assuming that MoP *WILL* Take that long.
    MoP won't take that long. 5 more months would make it the longest WoW beta ever by a month or more. Heck the entire beta for Wrath was only 5 months long. We just got a patch that increased the level cap to 89. At the pace they are on, we will be able to hit 90 by the end of May at the latest. End game testing will be 2 months tops, likely less, and can continue right up until release if needed. Personally I expect a release date announcement and 5.0 PTR somewhere in the early part of June with a release around August.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirreludecker View Post
    No. DOTA is a starcraft expansion. the F2P is Titan. (as titan is not an MMORPG)
    DOTA is not a Starcraft expansion, it is a stand alone game from Blizzard incorporating famous characters from all of Blizzard's IP's into a MOBA game. Titan we don't know what it will be, but it is ridiculous it will be anything less then P2P.

Quote Originally Posted by Somebodyelse View Post
    lol of course it's stable...they tricked a million users with the annual pass to stop bleeding subs.........
    Gotta be pretty damn stupid to get tricked into getting a free game, a mount, beta access and all that jazz to keep paying a monthly fee that you'd still pay. And guess what, if I buy the CE of D3, they take that off of my annual pass cost! They add more time from that purchase!

Yeaah, it's clear that you and a lot of the haters out here would never get a job in big business.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamCast View Post
    I have pretty much lost hope in the human race today, not sure how anyone can still be enjoying 4.3 still.
    I'm currently:
    - Running DS to get VP to get CP to get the Arena set
    - Trying to get 150 pets without the pet store (147, meh )
    - Re-doing the loremaster zone by zone.
    - Running MC to get the HW rep.
    - And some other stuff.

Together with work and the gym, it keeps me pretty busy.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Hakto View Post
    So your answer to WOW not losing subs is to ridicule the intelligence of the 10.2mill players?

I guess it's all about perception, some people just choose to be a hater.

What exactly have I been handed on a plate?

Well, you got a free plate!

Quote Originally Posted by DreamCast View Post
    Just being honest man, wow was always a great game up until CATA, sure it lost 2 million subs but it just shows that people want things handed on a plate as 4.3 stabilised subs. I doubt anyone with a IQ higher then 110 can still be enjoying this game.
    Oh tell us grand master of game enjoyment and your clearly massively superior IQ, how much of an IQ is required to enjoy ANY video game?

The annual pass and SoR did their work it seems, it stabilized WoW. Still, this is in no way a victory for the ''WoW people'', during ICC they didn't even need the SoR and pass while the subs kept increasing. Cata has both, and its decreasing/stabalizing...

whats the f2p ga me blizz dota ? what do u guys think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    This is a game, and yet a "a whole bunch" of people treat it with a seriousness that would befit solving the world hunger or saving the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Skylanders bit yet. Does anyone play it? My 6 year old son is playing it right now. We just bought him a new adventure pack today. $1B IP? I assume that stands for One Billion Dollar Intellectual Property (someone can correct me if I'm wrong). I believe it. We have 22 of the Skylanders and 2 adventure packs. This game is tons of fun, but one hell of an investment with the Adventure packs being $20-$25 each and single Skylanders $8-$10 or 3 packs for $20-$25 and the game itself being $60 for the game, 3 Skylanders and the Portal of Power.

To me, even though WoW took a step back with Cata, WoW is still easily the best MMO on the market. Blizzard will bounce back with MoP. Just wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    People are blind to the clever marketing ploys they are using to keep sub numbers higher than active players actually represent. The free level 80 via scroll of res was placed very convienently in terms of dates to ensure that people would be subbed for the quarter also.
    Oh, so exactly what TOR did with there free month. Convenience indeed. To bad one game is 7+ years old, and one is not six months old yet.

TITAN. (10chars)

Wow sure isn't dead but I think that as the annual pass runs out we'll see a hefty decrease in subscriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dockers View Post
    This makes me happy I can see MoP bringing in even more! The beta is amazing, cant wait for the real thing!
    Have to agree, It looks really good so far cant wait until getting the pet battles etc unlocked, Challenge mode runs of dungeons, probably best new feature in the game. looks promising for sure, And i can see MoP picking up a pretty good chunk of the lost subs of the last 2 years. Combine that with improving economy and it can clearly be seen that the game is going to recover.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    This thread is entertaining. Wow fanboys are like apple fanboys are very similar in feeling some sort of pride & joy when a corporation is making millions/billions :P

For the record im a wow player/subscriber and I have IOS devices
    And pathetic WoW/Blizzard haters are similar to other pathetic haters that they take some sort of pride and joy out of seeing companies and games fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskobar View Post
    Losing hope in humanity because they enjoy a game. Please clarify for us, how is it to live with a 2 digit IQ?
    142 actually. Guess I shouldn't be so hard on others. My emotional IQ is probably under 100

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Wow sure isn't dead but I think that as the annual pass runs out we'll see a hefty decrease in subscriptions.
    MoP will be out by the time most people's AP ends. So unless MoP fails, I doubt it.