Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So how many games you lost to the DC bug.

Fighting some trash dk/healer, jump vanish -> DC.

Disengage -> DC

Jump in the wall by accident during prep -> DC.

hump the corner of the tombstone in lordaeron by accident -> DC.

Getting. Really. Old.

About 5-6 because I was trying to stay on a pillar as a healer

Way more than I'd like. I managed to DC and still win once, as i had combustion up in a 1v1 situation against a hunter, and he died while I was offline Still losses count way more than the one funny win

Countless, kind of dumb. Apparently they are aware of it, but haven't fixed.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Way too many.

I just want to be able to jump around before the match like an idiot, is that so much to ask?
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

I get it outside of PVP more than in, because I dont PVP all that much. I get it if I spin arround to fast on my mount. If I accept my JC Daily and turn to the left instead of the right. If I just randomly jumping near ANY wall while farming Molten Core. If I hearth. Getting on top of the broken pillar in DS. If I walk away from the Auction house without closing the window. Same for bank and void storage too.

Frustration beyond belief.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, this is a known bug and not just my internet being crap?

Bleh.
    RIP Gunther, he wanted orange, the world gave him lemon-lime.

Quote Originally Posted by EdisonTrent View Post
    Wait, this is a known bug and not just my internet being crap?

Bleh.
    Latency/Connection issue DC : You will see an increase in your latency until you're finally unable to move for multiple seconds, sometime minutes, then you finally disconect.

Shitty bug DC : You jump/walk into something and instantly get disconected.

Idk, i can see the difference easily since i played with a craptastic internet for a while.

Lost count after so many years of arenas.
    Happens time to time since Season 1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xrayEU View Post
    Lost count after so many years of arenas.
    Happens time to time since Season 1
    Not really. It's been happening since the DS patch was implemented and they're yet to fix it, but it had only happened another time before that (and it got fixed relatively fast, hence I don't understand why they haven't done the same now).

Regardless, it's really frustrating and really annoying. If people are playing strictly for fun that's one thing, I'd never get pissed if I DC'd, but it's really fucked up to be pushing for high ranks on TR to qualify for regionals now that the phases have changed, push back to the tomb on Ruins and get disconnected. Or on live even, if pushing for r1 or whatever may be. It really is stupid but there's not much us here can do about it, I'll keep the thread open so people can vent or share experiences etc. but yeah, that's about all I (we) can do.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I get the lag/DC quite frequently during WSG. I will be heading up the map and then I will notice that none of my team are moving, they are all stood still in the same spot. I am then able to run all over the map for sometimes a few minutes before the game DC's me. Lately when this happens I have started to Alt + F4 and jump back in. It is usually quicker than waiting.

Then again, I will get frequent DC's just running around Org for no discernible reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    It really is stupid but there's not much us here can do about it, I'll keep the thread open so people can vent or share experiences etc. but yeah, that's about all I (we) can do.
    That was the point of the thread lol. Idk just felt like venting after Dcing 4 times in the 2 hours i did 2s to cap points yesterday. I can't even imagine the hell it must be to push for high ranks with this shit going on.

I think I've lost maybe somewhere around 10, give or take a few? I don't really know.

Some were legitimate internet disconnections from one of our teammates, but most was from the game just randomly disconnecting them. x.x

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Latency/Connection issue DC : You will see an increase in your latency until you're finally unable to move for multiple seconds, sometime minutes, then you finally disconect.

Shitty bug DC : You jump/walk into something and instantly get disconected.

Idk, i can see the difference easily since i played with a craptastic internet for a while.
    Yep, definitely the bug affecting me then, it comes out of nowhere with no discernible increase in lag, just one moment I'm playing and the next I'm at the login screen.
    RIP Gunther, he wanted orange, the world gave him lemon-lime.

Too many to count over years. Seriously it's the same story started from S1 - sometimes you D/C during upload screen (have great PC and 40ms lattency - can't blame them), sometimes weird fear passing, sometimes during a jump. They're hotfixing some specific situations when it happens, but bug itself is in game for ages now.

Too many.. Since 4.3 patch i have that bug, its really anoying tho.
    Loved by Few, Hated by Many, Respected by All

rule #1

Don't charge people that are on the tomb

and i thought my router was overheating ><

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislol View Post
    Countless, kind of dumb. Apparently they are aware of it, but haven't fixed.
    It isn't as if they know what the problem is, and choosing not to fix it. They're aware the amount of work it would need to correct, and would rather perfect it for MoP Season start rather then deploy now and waste that time in Arena development.

Deleted
    The way I read it, it usually happens when you try to use Line of Sight?
    You know, those situations in an arena where you hide like a scared baby chicken.

You disconnect. We call that justice.

EDIT: 3 day ban because of an infraction. Worth it.
    Coward PvP players hiding behind their pillars like some guerrilla heroes.

Fight like a man, not like a mouse.
    Last edited by mmocf5e5a6d2c7; 2012-05-14 at 02:17 PM.