10+ Year Old Account
    Epee, but not been using it very long, used to use Foil, but im a big guy, so I prefer the heavier blade , and im FAR from competative, I just do it for a laugh with some friends, was thinking about dropping it for Kendo though.

Thanks for the info, I think I'll definatly give her a look, as even though I love Fiora, I really think she needs some defensive/mobility buffs (as I said in my thread about fixing champs). Would be fun playing a char that acts like Fiora, but was a bit more tanky... Although with my luck I'll buy her tomorrow and she'll go F2P next week .

Thanks for the Quint info as well, at the mo I'm using 2x ArP (don't have a third slot yet) and was wondering if the extra lifesteal would be better, but in all fairness I usually find that ~35% lifesteal is more than enough to stay alive as Fiora, so I guess an extra 6% wouldn't make much difference
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I want some opinions on Jarvan and Sejuani, I'd most likely use them for jungling with an tanky or OT build. How do they compare?

Deleted
    So, Varus has been released and... is it worth?
    Can I use it as an anti-tank (someone said with %life spells) and will he be nerfed soon?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    Maybe, but Darien can probablly depend on his team a lot more then you can in solo queue.

Counterjungling can actually be very risky if your team is not co-ordenated properly.

Also, this specific tactic relies on you getting maximum CS out of your lane, since you are not a pro you probablly can´t last hit efficently enough for it even to be worth it leaving lane, this strategy gives you an advantage because you get CS out of lane+ jungle, while their top laner only gets CS out of lane. I have no idea about your level but I doubt both you and your enemy have the optimal CS count anyways.

I still think counterjungling as solo top can work really well. When I play Shyvana jungle I always keep the buff timers and make sure I am close enough to contest the buffs, the better solo top players usually come to assist me (if they are doing well in lane) which gives them a free buff to dominate their lane even more. Not so sure if it´s worth it when it comes to wolves/golems though.
    Maxing CS is pretty much my greatest strength. I know I last hit well enough to make it work.

I had some success last night when timing my lane push --> counter jungling in coordination with the path of my own jungler. I think I'm going to bring this to my organized 5s team and see if our regular solo top will play support for a bit. I'm confident I can make this work really well with voice comms.

Keeping a ward at their blue / red really pays off too. I think every solo top should strive to do this, but especially so with this Shyvanna top strategy.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Maxing CS is pretty much my greatest strength. I know I last hit well enough to make it work.

I had some success last night when timing my lane push --> counter jungling in coordination with the path of my own jungler. I think I'm going to bring this to my organized 5s team and see if our regular solo top will play support for a bit. I'm confident I can make this work really well with voice comms.

Keeping a ward at their blue / red really pays off too. I think every solo top should strive to do this, but especially so with this Shyvanna top strategy.
    You´ll probablly have great success aswell.

I really like it as a jungler when my lanes work together with me to get advantages. Most people won´t be prepared for it resulting in losing a buff or sometimes even giving a kill. Shyvana is also such a strong champion in straight up fights early, so aslong as you don´t go Karthus jungle or something like that a 2v2 will probablly be in favor of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thinking about getting Shyvana. How's she these days?
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Great. Great jungle, good solo top.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Thinking about getting Shyvana. How's she these days?
    Just recently bought her. If you play top, you have to capitalize on your early game dominance. Max Burnout (W) and force your opponent out of lane.

I did a couple jungle games as well, you pretty much run around like a madman farming both sides of the jungle and poking out here and there to send a laning opponent back. Her pre 6 ganks are garbage but that's OK considering you farm the jungle like an absolute boss.

I really enjoy solo top with her, though. Its hilarious having double the CS of your opponent simply because they cannot stay in the lane.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Shyvana is still pretty unfamiliar with most players in toplane. Push them out, push lane, counterjungle, return, repeat.
    If jungling, counterjungle and farm, make sure to let your team know you are a bad ganker and that you focus on farming/denying their jungler gold. This doesn't work well if your allies fail obviously, which is why she is a tricky soloqueue pick.

Deleted
    Bought Nautilus yesterday,
    how do you play him? tank or jungle?
    Runes? the other skins are completely different or too similar?

Deleted
    You can play him as tanky support, jungle or solo top. His skins are quite similliar and about runes I'd probably go HP or Gp10 Quints, Armor Seals, MgR/lvl Glyphs and either more tanky marks or something like spellpen maybe.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyrosso View Post
    Great choice, although I don't really like him as a support.

He is an average jungler, but an absolute boss at solo top due to his ability to win every trade when his shield is ready. Max that first and prepare to destroy your lane.

There are so many different builds for him...tanky/aura-support, full AP, or AD Bruiser. I find the best for solo top to be a mix of tanky/AP items...I set him up like so:

Reds: Magic Pen
    Yellows: Armor
    Blues: Magic Resist per Level
    Quints: Movement Speed (Naut just feels slow, I find these help...I'm sure AP Quints work fine too)

Your item build will really depend on who you're facing up top and how the particular match is going...you're most commonly going against an AD Bruiser...so the build generally goes:

- Boots OR cloth + pots
    - Catalyst
    - RoA
    - Finish boots

Now, with a rushed Rod and boots appropriate to your matchup, you must evaluate how the match is going.

Snowballing? Grab a Rylai's
    AD Bruiser still scary? Glacial shroud --> Frozen Heart
    AP enemy being a pain? Abyssal Scepter or Banshee's Veil

In the vast majority of solo top Naut games...I end up like this:

-Tabi
    - RoA
    - Frozen Heart
    - Abyssal
    - Banshee's Veil

Game is pretty much over by then, can throw in a Deathcap, Rylai's, GA, whatever you need really.

*Note: I have seen a lot of people get Boots 5 on him as well. This isn't a bad idea if and only if you're against a weak top lane opponent.

Rushing Rod of Ages helps so much...the sustain from Catalyst is quite good if you can get it early enough...and by the 14:00 mark you're approaching boss status. The key is to win trades with your W and force your opponent out.

Your primary job in team fights is to CC their carries and protect your own.

Have fun with Naut, he's a blast to play.

edit: http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=17717 <----- Another guy that plays him similarly...but a bit more offensive.
    Last edited by Toxigen; 2012-05-10 at 12:50 PM.

Not to mention that if you get a Nautilus on you, forget trying to get away. He'll make sure you'll die. Painfully.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    Not to mention that if you get a Nautilus on you, forget trying to get away. He'll make sure you'll die. Painfully.
    Unless you're Yorick, Teemo, or Singed...DO NOT PICK NAUTILUS AGAINST THOSE 3

Also, as far as item builds go....you can also go double Doran's Rings to play super aggressive early game. I prefer the more passive, "win trades w/ W and farm until RoA" mindset.

If you aren't having any luck with either of those approaches...you can always do the Philo / HoG and farm your ass off. You won't have nearly as much damage so your last hitting will have to be spot on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyrosso View Post
    He's good solo top, perhaps a little weak to constant ranged harass. He can also work very similarly to Leona supporting a kill lane.

Although I enjoy playing him in any role, I prefer to jungle him. His ganks are terrifying at any level, and his early-game damage is quite respectable. Not Shyvana or Mundo level, but unlike Shyvana and Mundo he's likely to actually reach and stick to his target most of the time. His clear speed starts of very slow, so I can see why people prefer to play him in other roles. On the other hand, I find his mid-game clear speed to be perfectly reasonable. He's not a farming jungler, but after he hits level 5 or so his clear speed really does pick up. It does drop off a little again late-game, but that's mainly because you'll be building very tanky. By that stage in the game you should be protecting your team rather than farming.

As with any tank, the build is very situational. If I want complete safety I start with cloth/5pots, if I can get a half-decent leash on blue I find Regrowth Pendant is most reliable. Then finish your Philosopher's Stone and get boots as soon as possible. I like to get some more gp10 to offset his slow early jungle, so I almost always get Heart of Gold. I always used to get Merc Treads to begin with, but recently I've started using Boots of Mobility for more ganking potential, then swapping them for Merc Treads later. The only other really core items I have are Glacial Shroud (fantastic for Naut) and Aegis of the Legion (if the support isn't getting it). Abyssal Sceptre is great in most situations, but I wouldn't call it absolutely core.

Deleted
    Hey everyone Just got into ranked games,but realised that I couldn't fulfill every single role as I should do inorder to participate on them,so now I am currently working on getting one champ of each role that I could master.I generally play support champs and already got lulu and janna as my two "main",being able to do pretty decent with them.So that leaves the ap carry(mid),ad carry(bot),jungler and top bruiser role.Was thinking about buying Nautilus as I've heard he is quite decent at jungling due to his strong ganking and able to solo top aswell.My first request from you is just sharing your opinion on this.Secondly I would like some suggestions about the roles left.Have played every single champ on the game,enjoyed most of them,so would love to hear some suggestions on who is best at what,but still enjoyable (sorry for any mistakes I made,obviously english isn't my native language :$)

Teemo is a pretty solid choice ( I don't do ranked, but he's still a beast played right). Trist and cait are both pretty good AD carries I would say. Olaf is easily my favorite jungler, and sometimes solo top. I really like Mord as top or mid as well.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by That one guy View Post
    Hey everyone Just got into ranked games,but realised that I couldn't fulfill every single role as I should do inorder to participate on them,so now I am currently working on getting one champ of each role that I could master.I generally play support champs and already got lulu and janna as my two "main",being able to do pretty decent with them.So that leaves the ap carry(mid),ad carry(bot),jungler and top bruiser role.Was thinking about buying Nautilus as I've heard he is quite decent at jungling due to his strong ganking and able to solo top aswell.My first request from you is just sharing your opinion on this.Secondly I would like some suggestions about the roles left.Have played every single champ on the game,enjoyed most of them,so would love to hear some suggestions on who is best at what,but still enjoyable (sorry for any mistakes I made,obviously english isn't my native language :$)
    I would decide on 3 roles you enjoy playing (AD carry, support, jungle, AP mid, solo top) and have at least 3-4 champions mastered for each. This allows you at least some chance at counter-picking which is incredibly important.

It is really difficult to recommend champions...I would pick based on your strengths and get a good mix. Tell us what 3 roles you'd like to focus on and I can try to recommend some well-balanced options. If I had to pick three champions for each role, it would look something like this:

Top: Yorick, Rumble, Riven
    Mid: Cassiopeia, Ryze, Galio
    Jungle: Lee Sin, Udyr, Skarner
    Ranged AD: Vayne, Sivir, Kog'Maw
    Support: Nunu, Janna, Sona

Those top/mid/jungle have very few counters...and honestly Ranged AD and Support is just what you're good at and/or enjoy.

Deleted
    Any recommendations for FUN viable champions with a high skillcap? i enjoy learning to play those that are a bit harder to learn and master, since it's more of a challenge then, and you feel good when you do good :P (aka no silly garen, yi, trynd etc)

role doesn't matter btw, can be jungler, top ad/ap, tank, support etc.
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2012-05-11 at 01:10 AM.

Deleted
    Tnx a lot for all the infos about Nautilus guys really helpfull.