Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    great idea! be nice to quest in areas that are busier. just because. make the game feel like the older days. love it

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    Oh now I get it. This is an attempt to help repopulate the world, and in theory will guarantee world pvp since so many people will be running about.
    People on PvE realms don't care about world pvp, that is why they are on PvE realms.

This is ridic! C'mon Blizz, cross realm AH next.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karosene View Post
    Don't come in here using logic!
    Made my day.

10+ Year Old Account
    This sounds like an awesome feature. And I can't believe people are complaining about it.

Deleted
    Plus this takes the the word 'ganking' to a whole new level ... think about the Nesingwary camp in Stranglethorn Vale ... skeletons only ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Keleri View Post
    This is ridic! C'mon Blizz, cross realm AH next.
    Well D3 AH is Region wide. Entire EU is on same AH.

Deleted
    I must admit I did a double take when I read this news post, and even double checked it wasn't April 1st again

The main problem I see with this is the same issue we have seen with LFR/LFG - certain people from other servers seem to think its acceptaible to grief-play to varying extents as they can 'get away with it' without any of the social reprecussions you'd get if you were acting badly towards someone on your own server. Want to ninja a mob? sure why not, you'll never seen that guy again. Want to get into a random flame war in general chat? go right ahead, your guild won't know etc etc etc.

We will have to wait and see how it all turns out in practice, but I can definately see potential for this to become a double-edged sword.
    Last edited by mmoc72b7aa4abf; 2012-05-10 at 10:04 PM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zugzug View Post
    Thing is they dont do that for any xrealm transfer issue. This is done for new toons and it was never a problem to click on change realm and start toon w/e you want to. Xrealm transfers is mostly for maxed chars and they barely will get affected by this if i have read that blue post right. So what they do is you dont chose with/on what realm you level your toon, they`ll just shove in your throut entier battlegroup or even more.
    yea and that is what I don't like. Their system needs to be smart, they need to spell out pve realms will only have pve realms added so like minded players show up. PvP realms can have all the mindless ganking they want with like minded individuals, the last thing we need are zone disruptions coming about from cross-realm crap. They definitely need to put a level cap on it. Example Stonetalon is 25-35, anyone higher than that is no longer elligible for the cross-realm zone, to prevent a bunch of useless 85s (or 90s) from causing cross-server zone disruptions because a lot of so-called pvpers seem to think killing npcs and flagged lowbies is a "pvp experience"

10+ Year Old Account
    I would really like these, but in may cause problem for some people, Ex:

I don´t know, there is a problem, what will happen when Blizzard place together a PVP and PVE server together? what will happen then? or will they make Cross-realm Zones for servers that are of the same time, i mean a PVP server with another PVP server, A PVE server with another PVE server, RP server with RP or/and PVE (If it´s RP only, i mean not RP-PVP)?

-Roleplayers these will make RP harder but at the same time it will make it easier to RP with more people

-There are some server that are divided by language, what will happen to these? will they be united like in LFG/LFR? Example: Stormrage and Ragnaros

In all my days on MMO-Champion have I seen something the entire community agrees is going to be a nice addition to the game. This really is time-well-spent as far as development for blizz, IMO. I'm looking forward to leveling my monk alt now.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    That's exactly what will cause this to never see the light of day. People like you who will abuse it for ganking.
    Ganking is working as intended. It's one of the reasons I play this game. As much as I like destroying questing 85s, it is wonderful to obliterate in one mighty ambush some tinysmall levelling hordie.

However, it would be very unfair to someone who has opted out of being ganked (aka, rolled on a pve server) to be flagged.
    Likewise, it would be ludicrous to be the only flagged guy in a field of blue because I rolled on a pvp server.

Bashiok did clarify this, and realm type will be matched.

Pretty obvious the pool of servers that'll cross over will be specific to what type of server you chose. I just don't want to be crossed with German/Spanish/Russian/French servers which I also doubt would happen, unless the other faction is a different language, like BG's, well, that's not so bad (unless people like making level 1 characters to hurl abuse at someone who just wiped the floor clean with them).
    Heh, no problem. I find all horde speak dagger-in-the-spine remarkably well. Or maybe it's just my talent with getting the, uh, point across.

The beginning of the end of servers.
    Possibly. There are logistical issues even if the technical ones are solved, however. Can you picture ALL of the trade chats?

@Kadaje: We'll be matching realm types when this goes to the live realms. (We will add a Q&A in the above FAQ to make that clear.)
    Yay good!

Anyway, this is the biggest rogue buff in the expac :P

Am I the only one that doesn't like this? one of my least favorite parts of wow is how when im questing someone can just swoop in and take and kill every mob just cause they have better survivability or even if they were there first either way i have to stand and wait for respawns. So now instead of being able to just quest I'll always have to compete for mobs sounds terrible would be okay if they just made anyone who contributes to a kill get credit but they have said they don't want to do this( I believe).

umm Thi s is Bliz's way of saving themselves money having less servers for area's that are totally devoid of people. thy can reduce the amount of servers required to power the areas they are not doing this for you they are doing it for themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darnassian View Post
    yea and that is what I don't like. Their system needs to be smart, they need to spell out pve realms will only have pve realms added so like minded players show up. PvP realms can have all the mindless ganking they want with like minded individuals, the last thing we need are zone disruptions coming about from cross-realm crap. They definitely need to put a level cap on it. Example Stonetalon is 25-35, anyone higher than that is no longer elligible for the cross-realm zone, to prevent a bunch of useless 85s (or 90s) from causing cross-server zone disruptions because a lot of so-called pvpers seem to think killing npcs and flagged lowbies is a "pvp experience"
    Well i like your idea, but not the Lvl cap, why? if you don´t want to be killed by a high lvl player, don´t play on a PVP server, i think these is a great idea, these can help the World PVP, but yes i think the PVP realm should Xrealm with another PVP server and PVE with PVE

Really that a nice touch blizz gonna add to the game
    And i still don`t understand a few people that doesn`t like it ... they whine when server are overpopulate and they whine when server are underpopulate ... nothing can really pleasse everyone always searching for the little thing and always wanted more ...

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    The good: gankers will have more victims to feast upon.

The bad: low population realms will still have the same issue at max level... not enough players to put a 10 man raid together.

This is a very poor way to address the complains about low population servers, don't get distracted people! We still need realms to merge... or a cross-realm LFG channel.

Edit: autocorrected gankers to bankers lol.
    Last edited by Nivram; 2012-05-10 at 10:51 PM.

Wow... Just wow... This has so many possibilities that it can bring in the future. This could fix world PvP and Low Populated Realms! Looks like this expansion is gonna be pretty pretty good!!!

This is awesome.

However, I would like to thank Guild Wars 2 and Star Wars for this. Not because "Blizzard stole their idea or someone else did it first", but for the first time in awhile, WoW has some competition.

Competition leads to innovation, leads to companies trying to stay ahead and learn from others, and most importantly it leads to new things like this where we, the customer, benefit.

This is going to be awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivram View Post
    The good: bankers will have more victims to feast upon.

The bad: low population realms will still have the same issue at max level... not enough players to put a 10 man raid together.

This is a very poor way to address the complains about low population servers, don't get distracted people! We still need realms to merge... or a cross-realm LFG channel.
    Well is true it won´t help for High lvl PVE, but it will make Lvling cooler, and it will help the World PVP...