• Sorrow's Furnace

24 24.49%
  • Crystal Desert

36 36.73%
  • DarkHaven

19 19.39%
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Hey peeps

I just posted my new prospective PC's specs over in the computer section. Anyone who wants to critique the build please let me know anything I'm missing. Thanks! xD
    (I found a reliable build it urself site over here called zol - whoop!)
    PC
    Dont think i saw a CPU cooler on that setup there. If you intend to overclock your CPU then you are best off getting an aftermarket cooler. There are many good ones out there. Some are better at cooling but very noisy, some water cooling ones are quiet but expensive.

Personally I use a Noctua NH-D14, even though there are newer coolers out there on the market its still is arguably top10 or even top5 ranked CPU cooler for its heat sink capabilities AND how quiet it runs as well. It is a big beast though, but i'm sure your Coolermaster HAF case is large enough for it (I use a Coolermaster Storm Enforcer myself).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJekyll View Post
    I personally like the Crucial SSD's better btw.
    Me too. They're also starting to squeeze prices hard to try to drive all the new players out of the market, and as a result I got a 256GB M4 for $189US this week

(Crucial's owner is Micron, who manufacture flash memory, thus they can afford to price lower than other SSD companies who have to buy theirs)

---------- Post added 2012-05-11 at 07:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Oogly View Post
    Personally I use a Noctua NH-D14
    I picked one up today for $50 brand new without fans, which doesn't worry me as I have a pair of GT AP-15's that I'll use.

Decided to drop my water cool plans when I realised I could get a new 42" HDTV for the money I'd save

Thanks for the feedback I'll put the finishing touches on it tomorrow and order it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Me too. They're also starting to squeeze prices hard to try to drive all the new players out of the market, and as a result I got a 256GB M4 for $189US this week

(Crucial's owner is Micron, who manufacture flash memory, thus they can afford to price lower than other SSD companies who have to buy theirs)
    That's about the same price as the 120gb one I was gonna get o.0
    Back to the drawing board lol, Pinky!
    I picked one up today for $50 brand new without fans, which doesn't worry me as I have a pair of GT AP-15's that I'll use.

Decided to drop my water cool plans when I realised I could get a new 42" HDTV for the money I'd save
    Yh...that seems like a nice system. As I said in the other comp thread, the coolermaster 932x has such nice fans I think it should be ok w/o water cooling. A nice quiet air cooler sounds v good.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    You sylvari will make excellent appetizers for the rest of the guild. I shall drown you in italian dressing.
    As a Charrnivore (I humbly apologize, I couldn't help myself) that doesn't really sound all that appetizing. Human kabob, on the other hand...

*secretly eats a strawberry*

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    As a Charrnivore
    You eat Charr?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    You eat Charr?
    in some parts of cantha it's considered a delicacy
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    That's about the same price as the 120gb one I was gonna get o.0
    Back to the drawing board lol, Pinky!
    Unfortunately everywhere has sold out at the price ($199US, I googled a $10 off discount code ), and now it's back to around $230ish. I don't know if you'll get a deal that good again though because I personally suspect it was an effort to move a warehouse backlog of expensive 256GB M4 drives before the speculated M5 debuts in the coming months (I figure the M4 is fast enough anyway ).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    *coughs loudly*

Yeah, no, get out.
    dun worrie hun, u r teh onli wone foa meh <3

Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    [stuff about sylvari beeing one big family and having sex]

that's just wrong
    no.
    that's just hawt.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    How do you think humans got so overpopulated? Every creature seems to start off via incestuous means
    that's.... not really how it works, i'm afraid.
    like.
    at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    it's weird they have genitals though

what's the point of it

it's weird they even have female/male
    and that the females have boobs

hum gotta read through their history again
    it's not weird at all, as the pale tree created them specifically with human(oid) anatomy in mind and tried to imitate it.

centaur plants would be better
    ever seen a centaur climb a tree?

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    *grabs ranch dressing*

but not for eating
    now that's just sick man. salad dressing as lubrican't?
    *shakes head* tstststs...

Quote Originally Posted by Vanni View Post
    haha, that's easy tho. All girls love flowers. :P
    i love flowers too! =)

Quote Originally Posted by Klazmaunt View Post
    Also...Sylvari are by far the worst race evaaaaah. Jussayin. Specially when Vanni talks like that -.-
    u just jelly.

[..] Norn would win the least-jerkish. [..] viking style warrior race (Yay norn).
    oh, sweet, sweet irony <3

Quote Originally Posted by Vanni View Post
    I will stay with those who are loyal and righteous. But noone can truly claim this mesmer. XD
    not even me? :x
    you are secretly dreaming of our avatars making out together, admit it! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    not even me? :x
    you are secretly dreaming of our avatars making out together, admit it! ^_^
    I am.

I'm also upset you didn't quote me after having not posted here for like a week or so since BWE.
    Did you feel I abandoned you, and you haven't forgiven me? I can make you some powerstone fueled flowers that turn into fireworks that spell out Sowee in anime :3 like letters? i iz </3

Switching this to a less 'on topic' thread, when Drake said Babou in the thread about titles I thought he said Babu. As in from Sankarea. >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    I am.
    ;]
    I'm also upset you didn't quote me after having not posted here for like a week or so since BWE.
    Did you feel I abandoned you, and you haven't forgiven me? I can make you some powerstone fueled flowers that turn into fireworks that spell out Sowee in anime :3 like letters? i iz </3
    aww, sowwz
    i did want to quote you too, but i have no clue about that pc stuff, so didn't have anything to quote.

i still wubz u though <3

10+ Year Old Account
    ;]

aww, sowwz
    i did want to quote you too, but i have no clue about that pc stuff, so didn't have anything to quote.

i still wubz u though <3

no1 pays attention to glytchypoo /cry
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    [video=youtube;o22i_gqAf_o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o22i_gqAf_o[video]

no1 pays attention to glytchypoo /cry
    aww.. but i wubz all of you of course! <3
    /hugglz

10+ Year Old Account
    aww.. but i wubz all of you of course! <3
    /hugglz
    wheres plant lady
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    wheres plant lady
    probably sleeping :/

10+ Year Old Account
    bwuh... but theres no stimulating discussion going on....

*flops to ground*

The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    so i just went through the MOP forum threads a bit and just read a concern here and there and.... once more i just realized how incredibly old every mmo feels (to me) now that we know what gw2 will be like o_O

factions, their inbalance and the splitting of the community.
    strict servers, with blizz trying hard now to have some server-guesting in some zones.
    people playing 'against' each other for every little thing, every quest mob, every gathering node, every piece of gear.
    almost no direct team interactions, but rather ui-play and/or doing your own 'rotation'.

and that are just the things that i honestly consider bad design and outdated now -- in addition to all the things that can be subjective preferences, like combat system, 'questing' system, class roles, viable builds, gear grind (and the connected big disadvantage in every even remotely competitive aspect of the game, if you don't grind or if you are new), complete lack of 'personal story' and the like...

i'm, like.. how did no other mmorpg already do at least half of these things several years ago?!

and just in case: i honestly don't mean to bash anything or anyone, i'm just amazed at how gw2 appears to do so many things so different (and imho better) then wow, rift, aion, swtor, etc.

it feels damn awesome to see what anet is creating here, and what amazing potential gw2 has, both as a game in itself and as a trend-setter for future mmos (*coughs* Elder Scrolls Online *coughs*) ^_^
    Last edited by Sy; 2012-05-12 at 06:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    /yawn

Yes, I was sleeping. Still kind of out of it.

And Sy, I admit nothing. <3

15+ Year Old Account
    so i just went through the MOP forum threads a bit and just read a concern here and there and.... once more i just realized how incredibly old every mmo feels (to me) now that we know what gw2 will be like o_O

factions, their inbalance and the splitting of the community.
    strict servers, with blizz trying hard now to have some server-guesting in some zones.
    people playing 'against' each other for every little thing, every quest mob, every gathering node, every piece of gear.
    almost no direct team interactions, but rather ui-play and/or doing your own 'rotation'.

and that are just the things that i honestly consider bad design and outdated now -- in addition to all the things that can be subjective preferences, like combat system, 'questing' system, class roles, viable builds, gear grind (and the connected big disadvantage in every even remotely competitive aspect of the game, if you don't grind or if you are new), complete lack of 'personal story' and the like...

i'm, like.. how did no other mmorpg already do at least half of these things several years ago?!

and just in case: i honestly don't mean to bash anything or anyone, i'm just amazed at how gw2 appears to do so many things so different (and imho better) then wow, rift, aion, swtor, etc.

it feels damn awesome to see what anet is creating here, and what amazing potential gw2 has, both as a game in itself and as a trend-setter for future mmos (*coughs* Elder Scrolls Online *coughs*) ^_^
    I feel exactly the same, plus that I am just tired of the same ol' same ol', even if it was awesome for some time.

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm...honestly I've been playing WoW the past couple days again and it's still fun to me despite having played GW2. Sure the whole tapping mobs thing is horrendous...but aside from that it's a pretty fun game still.