Page 1 of 37
... LastLast

[Megathread] Dark Souls

Hi guys, I'm not sure how many of you know about Dark Souls. It's a video game by From Software. It has a minimalistic, yet intriguing plot and a whole lot of unforgiving action. It is probably one of the best games I've played.

It is coming to PC August 24th, with some all new areas and bosses; so returning and new players alike should find something in it's PC rebirth.

Learn more here: http://goo.gl/qyTHd

Thanks!

Really stoked for this! I've been waiting for this for a while now. Really excited about the new bosses too. Easily one of my favorite games as well.

Deleted
    Looks interesting, It's my birthday on the 24th of August so I'm demanding a free collector edition or something.

I was hoping this would happen.

It may sounds stupid, but anyone knows if they'll have xbox controller support for the PC edition?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Deleted
    are they still using games for windows live?

Quote Originally Posted by crazypearce View Post
    are they still using games for windows live?
    Yes, and that's going to cost them a lot of money. Everyone hates GFWL. Not one person who Isn't a moron likes It.
    But I can understand that It's easier to port the game over to PC using GFWL because It's a Microsoft product(Dark Souls In on the Xbox).

Deleted
    Can't wait, I've never even played any of the "Souls" games but they look amazing - and immensly challenging. In a time when games aren't very hard any longer across the board I'm looking forward to getting my head bashed in.

Deleted
    Pass, GFWL is the dealbreaker for me, never touching that shit again.

GFWL is whatever for me. While it isn't ideal, I've never had any problems with it. Sucks for people who have though. It looks frustrating.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm very excited about this, my friend has been playing this forever on his PS3 and it is incredibly fun and challenging. I've wanted to play it for a long time but I'm not going to buy a PS3 just to play two games so this is just amazing.

There are serious framerate issues on the console versions, I have my doubts that they'll be able to port this over smoothly. It could be another Grand Theft Auto scenario

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux View Post
    It may sounds stupid, but anyone knows if they'll have xbox controller support for the PC edition?
    Get a wired xbox controller, since it's microsoft and you're using windows they work fine together as long as it has joystick support which i'm assuming it will.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never had a problem with GFWL before. I've had more problems trying to play games offline with Steam. Anyways, if the 360/PS3 gets the extra content then I think I'll just buy the add-ons instead of paying $60 for the pc version.

10+ Year Old Account
    My location is irrelevant to your interests
    From what I've heard, this will be a pretty bad port with lower than 60 FPS. Also GFWL. So I'm not sure if I will buy it.

"The interface won’t be redone, keyboard and mouse support will be minimal so gamepads are heavily recommended, and there won’t be new graphics settings. From Software producer Hidetaka Miyazaki is paraphrased as saying the game being “a straight port” was publisher Namco’s decision."

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...epare-to-sigh/

Yeah, I'll skip this one. If you are doing it, do it properly.

And before anyone blabbers about entitlement, the game isn't God's Gift from the heavens. It's only ported because of not the massive request for it, but for the money publisher smelled coming from the direction (Even against the words of the creators of the game who were no no about it for a LONG time).

Now they are literally cheaping out on it and pissing on PC gamers while laughing at their high towers, knowing that horde of fanboys will defend them (and has defended them with) "OMG YOU GOT YOUR/OUR PORT AND STILL CRY"
    Last edited by Wilian; 2012-05-12 at 12:52 AM.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    "The interface won’t be redone, keyboard and mouse support will be minimal so gamepads are heavily recommended, and there won’t be new graphics settings. From Software producer Hidetaka Miyazaki is paraphrased as saying the game being “a straight port” was publisher Namco’s decision."

And before anyone blabbers about entitlement, the game isn't God's Gift from the heavens. It's only ported because of not the massive request for it, but for the money publisher smelled coming from the direction. Now they are cheaping out on it and pissing on PC gamers while laughing at their high towers.
    Welp, Namco just killed the chances for the game to be as successful as it should have been on PC. This is going to be another proof point for, "Do a shitty port, get shitty sales" but I GUARANTEE Namco will come and go, "See? This is why we don't put games on PC! Dirty pirates don't pay for it!" Between GFWL (which I thought they got the message that NOBODY wanted it) and this I have lost all interest in purchasing it.

Makes me really sad, because I was really looking forward to getting this too.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Welp, Namco just killed the chances for the game to be as successful as it should have been on PC. This is going to be another proof point for, "Do a shitty port, get shitty sales" but I GUARANTEE Namco will come and go, "See? This is why we don't put games on PC! Dirty pirates don't pay for it!" Between GFWL (which I thought they got the message that NOBODY wanted it) and this I have lost all interest in purchasing it.

Makes me really sad, because I was really looking forward to getting this too.
    Yeah, you can bet that if it's gonna get lower than expected sales, it's the OMG ALL EVIL AND ENCOMPASSING PIRACY that is blamed, not their awful job with it.

And whatever sales it gets piracy gets blamed anyway.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post

And before anyone blabbers about entitlement, the game isn't God's Gift from the heavens. It's only ported because of not the massive request for it, but for the money publisher smelled coming from the direction (Even against the words of the creators of the game who were no no about it for a LONG time).

Now they are literally cheaping out on it and pissing on PC gamers while laughing at their high towers, knowing that horde of fanboys will defend them (and has defended them with) "OMG YOU GOT YOUR/OUR PORT AND STILL CRY"
    Huh. I wasn't aware of that before. That's kind of disappointing, really. With the extra content that they were putting into the game I would've expected them to at least fix the issues that the game already had on console, but I guess that's a bit too much to ask... Really lame. =/

I don't even know why the hell Dark Souls and Demon Souls were even released on consoles. Who's the bozo who thought a hardcore game would get more sells on a console?
    I'm still not understanding the scapegoat of "piracy" for not releasing PC titles. You can pirate console games just as easily, you just have to buy some DVD disks.