Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How do you beat premades?

OK Im sick of losing 80%+ of my warzones because its always premades of full War Hero geared Pubs. Can someone post a guide on how to win or does Bioware just expect me to keep getting steamrolled every time I log in? Even with premades on my team the results never change. And nothing is even close. Always 5 or 6-0 Huttballs, We never bomb first door in Voidstar while they make it through in 4-5 minutes. Coast isnt much better I havent had a match yet where we even damaged their bunker, everything is 100%-0. So someone please tell me how to win?

10+ Year Old Account
    Simply... blind luck. I think the only times a pug will beat a premade if is the premade itself is really horrible. That has happened a few times on my side where the pug I am with ended up beating a premade composed of REALLY bad players.

Sadly this isn't the case even 1% of the time. Premades are made to stomp pugs and other competition.

15+ Year Old Account
    Get friends.
    Make your own premade.
    Get good.
    Win.

Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    Get friends.
    Make your own premade.
    Get good.
    Win.
    The sad day when the only way to win a warzone is to make a premade of your own?

Get friends.
    Make your own premade.
    Get good.
    Win.
    Have had premades on my teams still lose. I think I already stated that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    This is like complaining you lost a Ranked Arena Match in WoW. I am not trying to be rude, but its about the same argument. When two people or groups compete against one another, there is a winner and a loser. The winner is who is the best out of the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    This is like complaining you lost a Ranked Arena Match in WoW. I am not trying to be rude, but its about the same argument. When two people or groups compete against one another, there is a winner and a loser. The winner is who is the best out of the two.

But I shouldnt be the Kansas City Royals of PvP either. Just like there was no close to 50:50 win rate in WoW this game is even worse. Im lucky to get 2-3 wins out of 4 hours of constant WZ queues. Yes there will be winners and losers but I shouldnt have to lose almost every single WZ. The sad thing is the only time I do pull a win out of my ass its against another Imp team.

10+ Year Old Account
    But I shouldnt be the Kansas City Royals of PvP either. Just like there was no close to 50:50 win rate in WoW this game is even worse. Im lucky to get 2-3 wins out of 4 hours of constant WZ queues. Yes there will be winners and losers but I shouldnt have to lose almost every single WZ. The sad thing is the only time I do pull a win out of my ass its against another Imp team.
    I honestly quit PvP due to the fact that every match was a loss on my end as well. There is no getting around bad players... it just is not within your control. At this point its either take it or leave it :/

15+ Year Old Account
    See #3 on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    The sad day when the only way to win a warzone is to make a premade of your own?
    Oh, you mean be competitive in a competition? Gee, that sounds like a dumb idea. That's just like saying PvE players shouldn't be in the same guild or communicate with each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    See #3 on my list.
    Sometimes being good doesn't necessarily mean you can carry 7 other bads on your team :/ This isn't CoD unfortunately.

Im hoping ranked WZs will push all the premades to them and I can pvp against other bads in normal WZs.

Make a pre-made of your own and think like your opponent. Any tactic or strategy you would use to win the match is most likely what your opponent would do as well. Heavy emphasis on coordination and communication. No matter how pro a pre-made is, there will always be at least one person who is their weakest link. Unfortunately, they'll have their more skilled friends protecting them.

Deleted

L2P sadly if you make a premade and still lose its because the other guys are better them you just keep playing and improve your skills and your team mate's

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Sometimes being good doesn't necessarily mean you can carry 7 other bads on your team :/ This isn't CoD unfortunately.
    Did you decide to skip the first 2?

Get friends.
    Make your own premade. <-

If your pre-made can't beat theirs, then go to #3 and get better.. practice. There's also this thing called Outlaws den.. You can PVP there based on groups.... You know, practice?
    With TTK so low, you only really need 2 organized people to kill anything...

I queue with a shadow tank, and we carry bads D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you decide to skip the first 2?

Get friends.
    Make your own premade. <-

If your pre-made can't beat theirs, then go to #3 and get better.. practice. There's also this thing called Outlaws den.. You can PVP there based on groups.... You know, practice?
    With TTK so low, you only really need 2 organized people to kill anything...

I queue with a shadow tank, and we carry bads D:
    You said see #3 :x It was only natural I assumed you meant to look at the 3rd thing on the list! :P

Get friends.
    Make your own premade.
    Get good.
    Win.
    Oh please, get lost with your "get friends, make your own premade". Not everyone good at making friends or forming premades or can be bothered with it. Pitting premades versus a pug simply should NOT. BE. ALLOWED to begin with.
    It makes no sense, it's a free victory to those who can be bothered with organising a team, it's no skill, it's just that: free victory with almost no effort. Honestly it was the main reason why I in the end quit swtor. I don't want to be forced to play in premade if there's an option to play alone.

Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf View Post
    Oh please, get lost with your "get friends, make your own premade". Not everyone good at making friends or forming premades or can be bothered with it. Pitting premades versus a pug simply should NOT. BE. ALLOWED to begin with.
    It makes no sense, it's a free victory to those who can be bothered with organising a team, it's no skill, it's just that: free victory with almost no effort. Honestly it was the main reason why I in the end quit swtor. I don't want to be forced to play in premade if there's an option to play alone.
    Its no skill? The reason premades almost always stomp pugs is because they're skilled. That, or they just don't have their heads up their asses like the general population of pvpers.

Sounds like a way of punishing people who are friendly/make friends/take charge and organize events.
    By only putting premades against other premades, you're shoving them into a longer queue...punishing them for being social in a social game, while rewarding the lazy/rude/angry people who can't make friends because they treat other people like dirt.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it were pug vs pug, then people would find more ways to complain about losing and trying to blame it on some other 'fault' such as no kicking system, etc.

Its not hard to make friends in an MMO which is based on the idea of playing with other people in order to accomplish things within the game.

Oh, you mean be competitive in a competition? Gee, that sounds like a dumb idea. That's just like saying PvE players shouldn't be in the same guild or communicate with each other.
    Your hostility is amusing.

Regardless, warzones allow you to queue solo, while a raid requires you to enter with a premade. I'm not saying it's a bad idea. I'm saying it shouldn't be necessary. Give the premades rated battlegrounds if they want to be competitive in that manner, because there's no competition in going up against a bunch of random people.
    Last edited by StationaryHawk; 2012-05-12 at 10:35 PM.