Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mortal Coil a Horrific Talent

Mortal Coil - 45 sec CD, horrifies target for 3 seconds. Heals self for 15% of HP. Shares diminishing returns in horror with Blood Fear.

Blood Fear - 5 sec CD, horrifies target for 8 seconds. Shares diminishing returns in horror with Mortal Coil.

Am I the only one to note how incredibly lackluster Mortal Coil is? No one in the right mind would pick Mortal Coil over Shadowfury or Howl of Terror, because of its shared DR with Blood Fear, and it's incredibly long CD. A 15% instant HP heal is nice, but for a CD that is so incredibly long?

Imbalanced!

Deleted
    If Mortal Coil dose not suit you, dont pick it.
    The purpose of the new talents is to give you an option to pick what suits you and your situation best.
    Someone else might think diffrently about MC. Someone who found a suitable situation where it can be handy.

INB4
    Beta is not live.
    Last edited by mmoc410448ef5d; 2012-05-13 at 08:27 AM.

15% HP every 45 seconds PLUS a 3 second instant Fear seems like a lot to me. Remember you still have regular Fear to use as well. And from what I can see there, MC doesn't share DR with normal Fear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    15% HP every 45 seconds PLUS a 3 second instant Fear seems like a lot to me. Remember you still have regular Fear to use as well. And from what I can see there, MC doesn't share DR with normal Fear.
    Blood Fear no longer replaced Fear?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's empowered deathcoil. Except we don't have regular deathcoil anymore thanks to Death Knights
    dictated but not read.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Blood Fear no longer replaced Fear?
    Wait, it doesn't? Hm, I missed that.

Blood Fear is a normal fear, not a horrify. Just instant. It still replaces normal Fear (sadly).
    Mortal Coil does not share DR with Blood Fear. It is a horrify. 45 sec CD for a skill like that is nice.
    Horrifies don't break on damage. Great for finishing off healers or anyone really.

I'm pretty sure that Horror and Fear effects do not share diminishing returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Horror and Fear effects do not share diminishing returns.
    Blood Fear is a horrify effect

Blood Fear also damages you while Mortal Coil heals you, or at least Blood Fear used to damage you they might have removed it.
    Two very important aspects that the OP seems to be completely ignoring.

Even if they might have removed the self-damage aspect, a 15% instant-cast heal is still nothing to sniff at.

Deleted
    Shadowfury doesn't move pillar humpers into LoS

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Blood Fear is a horrify effect

Blood Fear also damages you while Mortal Coil heals you, or at least Blood Fear used to damage you they might have removed it.
    Two very important aspects that the OP seems to be completely ignoring.

Even if they might have removed the self-damage aspect, a 15% instant-cast heal is still nothing to sniff at.
    Blood Fear is not a horrify.
    It simply replaces regular fear and makes it instant at the cost of 10% HP.

Proof, warrior's Berserker Rage breaks the effect.
    Berserker rage cannot break horrify effects, nor do horrify effects break from damage.
    Blood fear does break from damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalkiden View Post
    Blood Fear is not a horrify.
    It simply replaces regular fear and makes it instant at the cost of 10% HP.

Proof, warrior's Berserker Rage breaks the effect.
    Berserker rage cannot break horrify effects, nor do horrify effects break from damage.
    Blood fear does break from damage.
    Oh, you are right.
    I just assumed the OP had copy/pasted the tooltips but he didn't, he made them up.

In that case there isn't even any issue here at all, they don't share diminishing returns and you can take both of them.
    What is the problem again, OP?

mortal coil is brilliant, so much better than death coil just based on the fact the cooldown is 1 minute 15 shorter. 15% free health every 45 seconds is good with or without diminishing returns with blood fear

Quote Originally Posted by Pr0ev0lution View Post
    mortal coil is brilliant, so much better than death coil just based on the fact the cooldown is 1 minute 15 shorter. 15% free health every 45 seconds is good with or without diminishing returns with blood fear
    100% agree with this. Its an "Oh! Shit" button 2in1. It heals you and horrifies the annoing person smashing ur a**. And on a very short CD. And can be used both as offensive or defensive situation.

Deleted
    I think it was a typo, OP meant 'Mortal Coil a Horrify Talent'

OP, I think thats the point?

Having 2 instant CCs is just plainly overpowered. Take it unless you want a series of patches gutting the class.

Death Coil should be feared by all. Try taking one to face from a Destro lock... you'll be dead a few moments later.

Deleted
    once again, since from the OPs posting history I can see he has absolutely no idea about competitive PvP:

Shadowfury does not bring pillarhumping healers into LoS

Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    once again, since from the OPs posting history I can see he has absolutely no idea about competitive PvP:

Shadowfury does not bring pillarhumping healers into LoS
    Very true, also 15% heal in pve isn't anything to scoff at either.

Deleted
    I would probably pick shadowfury. It doesn't break on damage and it has a 15 second shorter cooldown then mortal coil which can be a life saver. In addition it can stun multiple targets, MC only one.