10+ Year Old Account

Soloing Malygos in Phase 3 - tactics?

Hey everyone.

I've been working on soloing Malygos and I was wondering if anyone had any tips on the drake phase, or phase 3.
    I've been hearing all over that it is a 1 1 2 3 rotation for soloing in P3. Keep the debuff up on him while rolling your HoTs. Any error in the rotation will result in a death because you either a) lose your DPS and die to Beserk or b) lose your heal and die to damage.

Anyone know of any tips for this?
    Thanks!
    #TeamHunter

Deleted
    I've been working on this, also. For most of my solo-ing hints and tips I've been going here: http://durendil.blogspot.co.uk

Here's his take on Malygos: http://durendil.blogspot.co.uk/2011/...s-25-down.html

Good luck with it!

That's really all there is too it. Just have your HoT stacked up before he becomes active and follow the 1-1-2-3.

Another tip would be to just stay moving, any extra damage taken from the pulsing orbs can set you back.

Generally if you lose focus and do let your HoT fall off, you can do 1-1-2-3-3 to get your HoT stacked back up asap without losing your DoT on the boss.

phase 3 is the easy part, I as a mage would be able to solo malygos if only i could get past the first part and get him to the next phase.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    32% is my best. I'll enter the phase with anywhere between 4:40-5:00 on his Enrage so I know I can get it. I'm ironing it out a little better, it's just about executing it now.
    Sometimes I won't have enough energy for an ability, just keep going with the rotation right? Just have to wait?

---------- Post added 2012-03-19 at 07:54 PM ----------

I think I'm getting the hang of it now. 20% !

---------- Post added 2012-03-19 at 08:19 PM ----------

I got it!!
    #TeamHunter

Quote Originally Posted by Solarflair View Post
    Hey everyone.

I've been working on soloing Malygos and I was wondering if anyone had any tips on the drake phase, or phase 3.
    I've been hearing all over that it is a 1 1 2 3 rotation for soloing in P3. Keep the debuff up on him while rolling your HoTs. Any error in the rotation will result in a death because you either a) lose your DPS and die to Beserk or b) lose your heal and die to damage.

Anyone know of any tips for this?
    Thanks!
    when you hit phase 3

1: Flame Spike
    2: Engulf in Flames
    3: Revivify ( heal HoT)

stack hot up to 5 (since malygos is not target able anyway)
    then (1) (1) (2) --> slight delay (3) rinse and repeat
    if somehow the Hot falls off stack hot up till 5 again and shield in the mean time if needed then resume the normal rotation again

with the 1 1 2 3 rotation you outheal malygos damage so you should not have to use the shield ever.

I usually need about 3-4 mins for the last phase so if you can make it before berserk (kill him) push him in phase 3 if you need longer then 4 mins then you can use the 30 mins fish bowl tactic in p2 and wait out his berserk (i did this the first 2 times since I still needed to get a feel about the last phase)

If you really feel insecure about your health, you can, at one point, opt to do an extra "1", thus making it "1 1 1 2 3", giving your next "2" attack some extra duration, in which taking advantage of that extra duration you can then start the next cycle of going the full 5 stacks, hence becoming "1 1 1 1 1 2" You will lose out your HoT but in exchange you got the maximum duration on your "2" DoT. Taking advantage of this maximum duration, you can then afford enough time to do "3 3 3 3 3 4", giving yourself a sudden surge in health as well as a healing buff that increases healing received. After all this is done, you still have enough time to pull of your next "1 1 2 3" without letting your "2" DoT drop off, and thus the usual rotation begins again.

Only do this if you really feel insecure about your health.

Not alot more to be said that hasn't already. Its just a matter of practicing the rotation and moving from the orbs. if you follow those simple rules ita a kill. what health are you getting him down to before P2? Theres a kill vid on the chanel in my sig if ur interested, its pretty clear on there how i handle P3. Gl!

Oh and one good thing to remember is not to panic! first few times i was spamming buttons furiously and lost focus on the orbs so was getting hit by them. Stay calm and focused and the whole thing is sooooooo much easier!
    Last edited by XanderJS; 2012-03-21 at 08:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get yourself a five stack of the hot before you can engage him, then:

1, 1, 2, 3

Also get out of energy clouds asap. That is literally all there is to do. Don't deviate from the sequence and don't delay on your key presses. It will stack the debuff up on him as well as refresh your hot. Your heals with keep you up when he focuses you. Don't use the shield, you'll need the time to beat the enrage.
    Look! Words!

I started takiing this up and after over 30 attempts it's at an almost but not quiet there issue.

I do >12k dps, I get Maly to ~45% entering p2 and then after downing the Scions I'm at 2min 50 secs and drop through the floor.

p3I'm doing the 33333 then 1-1-2-3 and cycling around from the fields.

THe best I got him was 13% typically it's 15-18% when I hit the enrage.

I watch the videos but not sure what I'm missing. I'm doing the proper technique but not sure if there's a little thing I'm missing. Any thoughts guys?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like you need more dps in phase 1, Jazzism. I'm usually at around 15-16k at the end of phase 1, popping cooldowns while standing in sparks. With that dps, I'm usually able to beat him with about a minute left before the enrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzism View Post
    I started takiing this up and after over 30 attempts it's at an almost but not quiet there issue.

I do >12k dps, I get Maly to ~45% entering p2 and then after downing the Scions I'm at 2min 50 secs and drop through the floor.

p3I'm doing the 33333 then 1-1-2-3 and cycling around from the fields.

THe best I got him was 13% typically it's 15-18% when I hit the enrage.

I watch the videos but not sure what I'm missing. I'm doing the proper technique but not sure if there's a little thing I'm missing. Any thoughts guys?
    Hmmm without being able to see you armory really the best thing I can do is point you towards a video I made the other day, primarily for this reason. When you're solo'ing content it helps tremendously to have the proper gems/enchants/rotation. So I made a video of the basics things a person can do to really tear through the burn phases of a boss, which is what Phase 1 is, setting yourself up to beat the enrage timer. And don't be shy about using some Food/Drums/Flask buffs either, makes a huge difference.

On the channel there is also a video of a malygos solo from a while back, I believe I get out of Phase 1 with about 23k dps and still only had about a minute to enrage on that kill. Don't remember exactly. Either way I hope one or both of the videos are helpful and don't hesitate to ask any questions, I thoroughly enjoy hearing about someone getting a new boss down for the first time! Especially ones that drop cool mounts.

my Channel is :
    youtube.com/user/DIsteevnash

Quote Originally Posted by Solarflair View Post
    32% is my best. I'll enter the phase with anywhere between 4:40-5:00 on his Enrage so I know I can get it. I'm ironing it out a little better, it's just about executing it now.
    Sometimes I won't have enough energy for an ability, just keep going with the rotation right? Just have to wait?

---------- Post added 2012-03-19 at 07:54 PM ----------

I think I'm getting the hang of it now. 20% !

---------- Post added 2012-03-19 at 08:19 PM ----------

I got it!!
    Gratz!!!!! i never tried it but it seems doable!

Whew got him. Thanks SN. it's an honour for a response from you as far as I'm concerned a Hunter Soloist superstar.

I found my DPS was fine, I even was stacking more stam and bagged the t5 and went with the 390 PvP gear I got easier than PvE stuff.

p3 was my problem and the best thing I did was first stack 3 to 5 stacks, then once Maly is targetable, tap 1 - 1 steamboat, 1, spam 2 until the energy comes up, then 3 asap to keep the heal stacks. So in short hit 1 - count a steamboat hit 1 again and not rush it. It's the hardest part after going the whole fight and switching the buttons and spamming the shots and get on this drake and slow it down.

Archavon downed, Koralon I was having a lot of trouble with until I started stacking stam for my pet.

Emalon ... He's nuking my turtle dead by the time I have him at 75%. He's got me confused what I need to do better. do I need more pet health? It has 145k unbuffed, I forget after fortune cookie and drums what his health becomes.

Ony, I'm close to making through p2, I jsut gotta nuke her more between whelps waves and remember the guards the come out for FD them away before they are too close and come anyway. I find it most challenging when whelps come sporadically instead of a flock like the first group at the start of p2.

Oh another tip I found I wasn't using was serpent sting. I mostly BG and found venom sting better suited and forgot all about serpent. That helped a lot in soloing these guys.

Thanks and any further ideas to help my issues?

10+ Year Old Account
    If Malygos is becoming enraged in p3 and you're doing the correct 1 1 2 3 ration it's because you didn't have enough DPS in p1. I usually do about 19-20k dps in p1 and I'm perfectly fine for enrage timer, you just need to make sure you stand in as many sparks as possible and time your CD's with them. Also if you have all your dps CD's when you just exit a vortex don't blow them on the first spark that lands, wait and see where the next spark will spawn to see if you can stack 2 then blow your CD.s will make a huge difference. p2 is by far the hardest phase when you're soloing malygos.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzism View Post

Emalon ... He's nuking my turtle dead by the time I have him at 75%. He's got me confused what I need to do better. do I need more pet health? It has 145k unbuffed, I forget after fortune cookie and drums what his health becomes.

Ony, I'm close to making through p2, I jsut gotta nuke her more between whelps waves and remember the guards the come out for FD them away before they are too close and come anyway. I find it most challenging when whelps come sporadically instead of a flock like the first group at the start of p2.

Thanks and any further ideas to help my issues?
    Emalon can be a pain, you just need to make sure your keeping Mend Pet up all the time and have it glyphed. The biggest problem you'll have is keeping the adds on your pet, I find aggro is a giant pain in the ass!

For Ony, are you FDing at the start to send the whelps back? alot of the time they can bug and only a few will come back and that makes it alot easier to deal with. You can also make the big adds to reset by FDing when they come down and making sure your pet hasn't attacked them. That can save you alot of time. I still wipe quite alot to the whelps playing silly buggers with me so don't worry too much. If you see the vid on my youtube you can see I only made it by like 5k hp =0)