Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Plus a gay man with a job telling everyone that having jobs is so important that they should vote against equal rights is pretty lulzy.
    He was mostly making a point about how he's gay and voting Romney, and everyone should realize not all gay men and women are lined up behind Obama automatically, simply because of marriage equality.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    He was mostly making a point about how he's gay and voting Romney, and everyone should realize not all gay men and women are lined up behind Obama automatically, simply because of marriage equality.
    Just most of them.

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    There is money in other places too.
    15 million in a single night at a hollywood fundraiser... there's not money like that in many places on the planet..
    the most beautiful post I have ever read.. thank you Dr-1337 http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22624432

Quote Originally Posted by ishootblanks View Post
    15 million in a single night at a hollywood fundraiser... there's not money like that in many places on the planet..
    Dude comes down every few months to fuck up traffic and take money from ultra-liberal hollywood bigwigs.

Ptooie!

Sure there is.

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    did any of you ever stop to think that just maybe.. maybe! there are some gay people who don't require the title of "married" to be happy? and just MAYBE! they are concerned with more important things like paying their bills and having the individual freedom to follow their dreams?

---------- Post added 2012-05-15 at 05:11 AM ----------

Sure there is.
    please Wells! clarify that for us regular folk!
    the most beautiful post I have ever read.. thank you Dr-1337 http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22624432

did any of you ever stop to think that just maybe.. maybe! there are some gay people who don't require the title of "married" to be happy? and just MAYBE! they are concerned with more important things like paying their bills and having the individual freedom to follow their dreams?
    lol at " having the individual freedom to follow their dreams" as a reason gay people should vote for the GOP. Please tell me you didn't write that with a straight face.

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Dude comes down every few months to fuck up traffic and take money from ultra-liberal hollywood bigwigs.

Ptooie!
    yeah he does the same thing up here in Seattle with a few.. umm.. large corporations based out of the Seattle area.. I could have gotten a picture with him for only $35,800!

---------- Post added 2012-05-15 at 05:14 AM ----------

lol at " having the individual freedom to follow their dreams" as a reason gay people should vote for the GOP. Please tell me you didn't write that with a straight face.
    umm.. it's true.. we have Obama who thinks "The Life of Julia" is how everyone should exist.. and we have Romney who thinks people should be able to do things on their own..

me personally.. I don't think gay people are stupid dependents who couldn't tie their shoes without government assistance..

P.S. Wells.. explain your photo.. I want to know what the relevance is to Obama receiving 15 million dollars in campaign funds from private citizens..
    Last edited by ishootblanks; 2012-05-15 at 05:16 AM.

I'm curious what world you live in where the GOP stands up for the anything of gay people. Their candidate just spoke at the commencement for a university run by people who think gay people caused 9/11 for fuck's sake. When they don't even defend their right to equal legal protection they have no right to claim they're defending their right to "follow their dreams".

Wells.. explain your photo
    its wallstreet broksi.

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious what world you live in where the GOP stands up for the anything of gay people. Their candidate just spoke at the commencement for a university run by people who think gay people caused 9/11 for fuck's sake. When they don't even defend their right to equal legal protection they have no right to claim they're defending their right to "follow their dreams".

its wallstreet broksi.
    what the hell are you even talking about Wells?

see the GOP thinks all PEOPLE should be treated as equals.. so yes.. we stand up for the right of gay people to be treated just like everyone else! it the Democrats who treat gays as if they are some pathetic sub-human class that needs constant special attention to protect them from the world..

see the GOP thinks all PEOPLE should be treated as equals.. so yes.. we stand up for the right of gay people to be treated just like everyone else!
    Unless they're trying to get married apparently.

Or work for a living.

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    Unless they're trying to get married apparently.

Or work for a living.
    people treated equal.. not relationships.. relationships are not people.. they are relationships.. and that's a bipartisan viewpoint my furry little friend..

and please give me an example of how GOP in any way shape or form prevents gays from working..

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    You didn't seriously type that out as if it was true, right? That's some serious cognitive dissonance.

There are laws on the books keeping gay people from being equal, being pushed by the GOP. This isn't some affirmative action nonsense that libertarians profess about the civil rights act. We are currently in the era of Jim Crow Lite for gay people across this country.
    ok I'm sorry.. but gays are not oppressed because they can't have the title of "married"

comparing what gays are dealing with to what black people had to deal with is just pathetic.. it's so far off from reality it's sad.. I'm sorry.. but you should be emabarrased to even try to make that comparison..

remember.. it was the GOP that wrote most of the civil rights laws and they were shot down over and over again until LBJ finally decided he needed the votes..

also remember that it was the GOP that gave gays a marriage equivalency that was recognized by the federal government should states choose to adopt it.. please.. get your facts right..
    Last edited by ishootblanks; 2012-05-15 at 05:44 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    How cute. Why can you go marry a person of the opposite sex with ease, but not a person of the same sex? Sounds like people not being treated equal to me.

It's perfectly legal in 28 states to discriminate based on sexual preference. Some links for you.

http://lorah-delaney.suite101.com/fi...states-a153800

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_ri...tes#Employment
    This one has a pretty chart. The colored ones are the ones that have certain bans on discrimination. The rest, none on the books(legal to discriminate).
    wait.. so states that don't have special laws put into place that provide affirmative action to gays.. are discriminating against gays? that's kinda backwards don't you think?

and until gay people can CREATE children.. gay couples are inferior to heterosexual couples.. mind you the inferiority ONLY applies to the relationship.. not the two individuals..

Infracted
    Last edited by Dacien; 2012-05-15 at 06:19 AM.

I don't even know where to start.

I don't even know where to start.
    You could ask him if he really does shoot blanks (sexually), does he feel that he should not be allowed to be married, since he cannot have any children.

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    ok Chonogo.. you've given me several examples of how most states do not consider gay relationships equal to heterosexual relationships.. that's as far as it goes..

and look how many of those states have adopted civil unions and/or gay marriage since 2006.. you know.. since Bush allowed civil unions to be federally recognized..

so stop with the BS already.. gays make up a tiny percentage of the population.. they will get their relationship equality priveleges when people decide they are ready for it.. until then.. be glad that gay relationships are getting more recognition all over the country..

---------- Post added 2012-05-15 at 05:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    You could ask him if he really does shoot blanks (sexually), does he feel that he should not be allowed to be married, since he cannot have any children.
    so petition your government to take away marital rights for non-producing couples.. you have that right! you'd be able to make an easy case for it too considering the whole purpose of the tax incentives of marriage is to make raising children easier..

so petition your government to take away marital rights for non-producing couples.. you have that right! you'd be able to make an easy case for it too considering the whole purpose of the tax incentives of marriage is to make raising children easier..
    That isn't the question I asked. I asked if YOU were against it.

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    Take the time and read my links, please. Gay people can be, and are fired for being gay. You, a straight man(I assume?), can be fired for being straight. It's not affirmative action, it's anti-discrimination. Just like the civil rights act made it so you can't fire someone for being black. And you tried to excoriate me for evoking the civil rights and the plight of black people. /sigh

What does this even mean, and how does that apply to anything? You just said the GOP wants people to be equal, but you just said they're inferior? Make up your damn mind.

EDIT - just so you're aware, my two lesbian neighbors created children. Twin girls, cute as hell. I guess we should consider a straight couple with an infertile husband an "inferior" couple.

actually you are correct.. an infertile couple is inferior to a fertile couple..

and the lesbian couple could not produce children without the assistance of a male..

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    That isn't the question I asked. I asked if YOU were against it.
    I answered the question you asked.. if you meant something else.. you should have worded it differently..

my personal view on gay marriage? I personally am not against gay marriage as much as respecting the tradition in which marriage exists..

and no.. my viewpoint has no changed even a little bit.. I think gays should be allowed to have a legal bond that's equivalent to marriage.. but I don't believe that in the traditional sense that a gay marriage could ever be equal to a heterosexual marriage..

so if given the opportunity to vote to approve civil unions.. hell yes!

and on a straight up marriage vote.. I would probably vote against it in favor of tradition..

my personal opinion is that Government should not be involved in marriage at all!!!!

---------- Post added 2012-05-15 at 06:15 AM ----------

What is your point? That they should be treated unequal because of this? I thought you said they should be treated equally.

You're not making sense. I think it's pretty established that procreation is no longer our primary goal in life anymore.
    it makes perfect sense.. you just can't separate the marriage from the individual.. not all heterosexual marriages are equal either.. but unfortunately the law was written in a way that allows non-productive heterosexual couples to have all of the benefits of productive ones..