Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Alliance Theramore Scenario - Get your fist pumping pride here!

• Find Jaina - Find Jaina Proudmoore in the ruins of Theramore.
    • Cleansing the Filth - Destroy any remaining horde in the ruins of Theramore. (optional) Lay to rest the remains of any fallen Theramore citizens.
    • Destroy the Destroyer - Destroy the horde siege engine that yet remains in the ruins of Theramore.
    • One Last Request - Retrieve the banner of Theramore from the horde shaman.

Come on Blizzard, really? I mean RREEAALLYY? We couldn't even get a heroic last stand scenario where we cover the civilian escapes? We have to roll up as glorified janitors to watch the Horde picking the bones clean?

RRRREEAAALLLYYYY?

10+ Year Old Account
    I got the impression that we're the cavalry, arriving too late, but with a grand opportunity to kick the Horde's teeth in as revenge and evacuating surviving citizens. It's not watching the Horde pick the bones clean, it's rolling up, seeing the Horde picking the bones clean, and giving them a resounding backhand across the face before kicking them to the curb.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are you trolling? Theramore being destroyed is old news. We knew Theramore was going to be leveled by the Horde. If anything this is positive, it means we kill the Horde in Theramore and possibly retake the ruin and hold it in Alliance hands, which means a chance to rebuild it and keep the Horde in check in Kalimdor for future expansions, if not crush them entirely when we sack Orgrimmar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darnassian View Post
    Are you trolling? Theramore being destroyed is old news. We knew Theramore was going to be leveled by the Horde. If anything this is positive, it means we kill the Horde in Theramore and possibly retake the ruin and hold it in Alliance hands, which means a chance to rebuild it and keep the Horde in check in Kalimdor for future expansions, if not crush them entirely when we sack Orgrimmar.
    There's "We're taking these bastards with us!" and there is "Sorry, you got here about six hours too late. Enjoy clicking on civilian corpses".

Would you rather be riding on a gunship and bombing Theramore or walking around, picking off stragglers and clicking on unconscious civvies?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CHALET View Post
    There's "We're taking these bastards with us!" and there is "Sorry, you got here about six hours too late. Enjoy clicking on civilian corpses".

Would you rather be riding on a gunship and bombing Theramore or walking around, picking off stragglers and clicking on unconscious civvies?
    I play a Night Elf, all I've come across are my towns and cities trashed and wrecked by the Cataclysm or the Horde; with the case of the Horde invasion they've actually set up shop and there aren't any quests involved with killing them off and taking the city back. If you're asking would I rather go down dying and lose Theramore, or kill scores of horde vermin and insure their defeat in Kalimdor is absolute, with the immediate reversal of their fortunes starting there, I'd rather the latter. Who says we're picking off stragglers? We're destroying their garrison. When you're blindsided by a bunch of cowards, the best revenge is steamrolling them when you get back onto your feet, especially when they think they are winning

10+ Year Old Account

Well, I'm a big fan of Jaina, so bombing her home city holds no pleasure for me to begin with. I'd much prefer the opportunity to put a Pyroblast up the Horde commander's ass as revenge for said bombing, especially if I get there just in time to see Theramore in ruins and Jaina in a bad way.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I'll agree that in all likelihood the Horde scenario is going to come across as being more epic, but there wasn't really any way around that without dropping the fall of Theramore entirely.

So the choice was either the Alliance make a brave, but ultimately futile, stand during the battle itself or smashing the Horde garrison and reclaiming the Isle for the Alliance after the fact. Blizzard weighed the options and picked the latter.

I should also note that a single optional objective of putting citizens to rest does not mean that is what the Scenario is ultimately about. The Scenario is in all likelihood about taking back Theramore Isle. If it ends with a sufficiently heroic speech, I could see it working out pretty well.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

TL;TR

Alliance crying about the same ol' shit - big surprise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Margrim
    "Heroism sounds like an old lady picking flowers
    Bloodlust sounds like Freddy Krueger dualwielding Gnomes."
    Quote Originally Posted by Demichelis View Post
    Phantasmagorical novelization, oh great one. Art thou enraged?

10+ Year Old Account
    You know to me the use of destroying theramore was poorly used the way it was in the story.

What I think would have been a better use of it, was have it be known and word spread that the attack on taurajo was made by theramore, as spread by Garrosh and his followers, so that horde heroes would rise up and lead an army to theramore. Word reaches theramore and they prepare for defending themselves against the horde attack. Meanwhile, well the army is out attacking the horde frontal attack in the swamp of sorrows, Garrosh's followers use this distracted to launch the bomb, yet the fighting as moved into theramore itself, and without giving a crap about there own, they nuke the city, killing theramore guards and citizens, and horde soldiers in the process.

This is witnessed by the remaining horde, and perhaps you as the horde and alliance player, to the shock of both sides, alliance seeing theramore destroyed, horde seeing Garrosh's followers kill there own people.

This would lead to the revolt, which could have been used at the end of mists.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    You know to me the use of destroying theramore was poorly used the way it was in the story.

What I think would have been a better use of it, was have it be known and word spread that the attack on taurajo was made by theramore, as spread by Garrosh and his followers, so that horde heroes would rise up and lead an army to theramore. Word reaches theramore and they prepare for defending themselves against the horde attack. Meanwhile, well the army is out attacking the horde frontal attack in the swamp of sorrows, Garrosh's followers use this distracted to launch the bomb, yet the fighting as moved into theramore itself, and without giving a crap about there own, they nuke the city, killing theramore guards and citizens, and horde soldiers in the process.

This is witnessed by the remaining horde, and perhaps you as the horde and alliance player, to the shock of both sides, alliance seeing theramore destroyed, horde seeing Garrosh's followers kill there own people.

This would lead to the revolt, which could have been used at the end of mists.
    I think the pre MoP event is a bit early to give a solid reason to revolt against Garrosh. But yeah, the fact that Theramore was the staging ground of the Barrens invasion and is reinforcing it with troops at the very least, is plenty of justification for the horde to attack it.

Actually, that type of scenario makes MORE sense. Roll up to save Theramore, find you're too late and the Horde is all "Bwa ha ha pitiful humans LOK'TAR OGAR WE WILL CRUSH YOU" and Alliance is all Goku Super Saiyan "I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU! YAAAAAAAAH *kaboom*" and kick the Horde's ass out of the area, vowing vengeance will be swift.

10+ Year Old Account
    Theramore has been asking for it for years. Jaina obviously cannot control her troops and has allowed the town to used as a staging ground for assaults on Horde land and villages. The alliance were given an inch with theramore through the kindness of thrall and now they want to take a mile. Honestly it's about time it was attacked.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    I got the impression that we're the cavalry, arriving too late, but with a grand opportunity to kick the Horde's teeth in as revenge and evacuating surviving citizens. It's not watching the Horde pick the bones clean, it's rolling up, seeing the Horde picking the bones clean, and giving them a resounding backhand across the face before kicking them to the curb.
    We're the Calvary that arrived just after the event horizon. Theramore is doomed, the Horde have stormed in, but we can get the people out to give the Horde a hollow victory.

"Good job getting the city, too bad we have all the soldiers, goods, and Jaina."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    We're the Calvary that arrived just after the event horizon. Theramore is doomed, the Horde have stormed in, but we can get the people out to give the Horde a hollow victory.

"Good job getting the city, too bad we have all the soldiers, goods, and Jaina."
    Yeah crushing and taking over a major enemy port slapped right into the middle of your own land. All while removing the staging grounds for most assaults on your people sure sounds like a hollow victory to me.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Yeah crushing and taking over a major enemy port slapped right into the middle of your own land. All while removing the staging grounds for most assaults on your people sure sounds like a hollow victory to me.
    I wouldn't quite say hollow victory, but if the Alliance ultimately retakes Theramore then it certainly is a rain on the Horde's parade.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They conquered ruins, nothing more. We still have Darnassus to the north, and Thousand Needles to the south. Plus a certain fort in the north-east Southern Barrens.

Garrosh didn't want Theramore for the port, he wanted it for Jaina's head.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    They conquered ruins, nothing more. We still have Darnassus to the north, and Thousand Needles to the south. Plus a certain fort in the north-east Southern Barrens.

Garrosh didn't want Theramore for the port, he wanted it for Jaina's head.
    Oh ok, I didn't realize a major military stronghold that houses 10k people counted as ruins.

Come on Blizzard, really? I mean RREEAALLYY? We couldn't even get a heroic last stand scenario where we cover the civilian escapes?
    Well if it was a heroic last stand then you'd die at the end and you wouldn't be able to win it.

If we were just making out last stand there it would be like:

1. Find the children
    2. Find Jaina
    3. Hold off the horde
    4. escape

I think it's better this way. I'm sure the alliance scenario is going to be a snoozer but you probably won't play scenarios a lot anyway.
    Last edited by Every Pwny; 2012-05-18 at 01:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Theramore has been asking for it for years. Jaina obviously cannot control her troops and has allowed the town to used as a staging ground for assaults on Horde land and villages. The alliance were given an inch with theramore through the kindness of thrall and now they want to take a mile. Honestly it's about time it was attacked.
    Actully, I found Varian fully accountable for this if that is the case. It was him that used theramore as a staging ground for the assault on the barrens, leading to the burning of Taurajo. I'm certain even now, Jaina lost control of the situation in preventing Varian from doing this, and her inaction caused what happened in the barrens, and now the destruction of her city and death of her people. If she had the balls to stand up and tell Varian 'keep your bs out of my city!' things might have be different.

I'm not saying this is a justified reason for Theramore being bombed as it will, you can bet for sure, the mass graves of theramore will have dozens of innocent civilians, women and children, all killed by Garrosh.

God dammit, I don't want to take part in this event, let it be on Garrosh but I don't want to be there taking part in that.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2012-05-18 at 02:01 AM.