Page 14 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haz extra key, come at me bros.

Its gone
    Last edited by PACOX; 2012-05-16 at 05:37 PM.

This game is absolutely incredible. I'm playing in the beta and its just too good to be true. The combat is wicked, really polished. The gameplay overall is really polished as well, and very fluid controls. I'm having a blast in beta, can't wait for the launch.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is actually a pretty good game. I'm not sure FPS games would keep me playing for long but I could see myself doing this when I have nothing else eto do. Much better than general chat farming in WoW, and IT'S FREE.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Some interesting changes coming down the line. Removal of the leveling for one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedleyazg View Post
    Some interesting changes coming down the line. Removal of the leveling for one.
    From what Ive seen it's not the complete removal of levels, but they're giving players a lot more freedom with what the levels mean to them.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    From what Ive seen it's not the complete removal of levels, but they're giving players a lot more freedom with what the levels mean to them.
    Nope they are gone, you will now spend your exp on skills and the tech for your battleframe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H99JWIM_Bo4 About 2:30 in, the actual quote is "We are getting rid of levels.......they are gone, out of here"
    Last edited by monostat; 2012-05-23 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by monostat View Post
    Nope they are gone, you will now spend your exp on skills and the tech for your battleframe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H99JWIM_Bo4 About 2:30 in, the actual quote is "We are getting rid of levels.......they are gone, out of here"
    That's PR speak. It's technically true because the proper "level" system is gone, but the progression that one would experience is still very much there with the unlockable upgrades.

I'm not knocking the system because if a game is going to have a vertical power progression, a system like they are implementing is a spectacular way to do it. But at the same time saying that levels are entirely gone is a bit silly. They're just replaced by, "How many unlocks do you have" ect.

Deleted
    Like EVE Online, there's no 'levels' but you have skills over a broad range of things. Time invested in those skills grants greater power. Total skill points is the new level.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've got 2 invites if anyone interested.
    Out of stock.
    Last edited by Elim Garak; 2012-05-24 at 01:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    I've got 2 1 invites if anyone interested.
    Yes please

if anyone as a spare key, i'll glady take it

Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    I've got 2 1 invites if anyone interested.
    Me Me Me

Best bet for invites is signing up and being active on the official forum. No luck for me yet (shameless plug!) but they select people every week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for getting me a key

First impressions: Very fun but holy cow they really have some work to do still on the graphics/game engine and overall optimization :P
    I mean, it doesn't look particularly good, even on high settings the terrain textures are downright bad, but at the same time I only get maybe ~15-25 fps, lowering the settings doesn't make much of a difference really, and textures are kind of "pop-in", similar to how "Rage" was if you've played that.

Anyways, beta is beta so hopefully that'll be fixed

1 question though: Am I just bad or how the hell are you supposed to survive for any longer periods out in the wild? Enemies run faster and shoot you in the air. It's far between any healing "stations", enemies almost never drop any health pick-ups and you have no self heal (maybe medics have, didn't have time to try that one right now)
    Going back to town to heal up every 10 minutes is kinda boring :P

Deleted

Firefall BETA starting now

this game looks amazing

I would love a key if anyone has an extra --->
    I thought Dragon Age 2 was innovative and groundbreaking!
    lol >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    EDIT: Actually, this is interesting. I logged in on the firefall website... went to request beta access (which I had done already months ago) and I followed a link to enter a beta key. The link took me to a page saying congrats, I'm in the beta, and lets me download the client. Am I in O.o?!?!?!

EDIT 2: Well derp, obvious answer is obvious. I'm downloading now! Unfortunately no invites to give out :[
    as soon as I have some I'll give them away
    Last edited by Suave Zombie; 2012-05-26 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suave Zombie View Post
    EDIT: Actually, this is interesting. I logged in on the firefall website... went to request beta access (which I had done already months ago) and I followed a link to enter a beta key. The link took me to a page saying congrats, I'm in the beta, and lets me download the client. Am I in O.o?!?!?!

EDIT 2: Well derp, obvious answer is obvious. I'm downloading now! Unfortunately no invites to give out :[
    as soon as I have some I'll give them away
    Hit me up if you do
    I thought Dragon Age 2 was innovative and groundbreaking!
    lol >.>

15+ Year Old Account
    Noob question. How am I supposed to know that I have a key to give to someone else? Is there going to be an email or any kind of notification?
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleo View Post
    Noob question. How am I supposed to know that I have a key to give to someone else? Is there going to be an email or any kind of notification?
    There is an invites bar when you log in on the official site. Not sure there's an email notification.