something i've just made that's pretty meta:

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    something i've just made that's pretty meta:

10+ Year Old Account
    [/URL]

[/URL]
    Last edited by Saeran; 2012-05-26 at 02:08 AM.

Damn nature you scary!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenesss View Post
    Damn nature you scary!
    oh look, it's a 4-inch NOPE! ...wait, that's not inches! that's the metric system, which makes that one pretty much normal size. if y'all are gonna complain about COMIC SANS!!! (the horror?) then I'm gonna make some noise about your goofy metric system!
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbadxampl View Post
    oh look, it's a 4-inch NOPE! ...wait, that's not inches! that's the metric system, which makes that one pretty much normal size. if y'all are gonna complain about COMIC SANS!!! (the horror?) then I'm gonna make some noise about your goofy metric system!
    Goofy? The metric system is superior to its american counterpart because of simplicity.

Deleted
    Very relevant.

Imperial measurements were not arbitrary numbers. In this day and age the metric system probably makes most sense, but it's not as though the imperial system was decided on by rolling dice. The units had very real, practical uses. What's more, the imperial system remains in use across the world, in mostly former British-empire countries but also in many Asian and northern African countries.

Agree about the date thing, though as any programmer will tell you, YYYY-MM-DD makes the most sense.

OT, from Text From Dog:
    Dragonslayer Hoddie - pretending to know what I'm doing!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoddie View Post
    Imperial measurements were not arbitrary numbers. In this day and age the metric system probably makes most sense, but it's not as though the imperial system was decided on by rolling dice. The units had very real, practical uses. What's more, the imperial system remains in use across the world, in mostly former British-empire countries but also in many Asian and northern African countries.

Agree about the date thing, though as any programmer will tell you, YYYY-MM-DD makes the most sense.

OT, from Text From Dog:
    [img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3ut53tmxG1rt9zy5o1_500.png[/ig]
    Actually, as a member of the US military, I use Day/Month/Year. Our format is "26 May 12"

Now, moar pitchers:

Last edited by Splenda; 2012-05-26 at 07:48 PM.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenesss View Post

Damn nature you scary!
    A 2 inch hornet is not scary? Bet you live in Australia where such beasts are commonplace.

That's why it says CM and MM.. can Americans not read now or something?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunkyman View Post
    That's why it says CM and MM.. can Americans not read now or something?
    Don't get your hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Don't get your hopes up.
    SWEEEE?

Meanwhile, In Sweden

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    SWEEEE?

Meanwhile, In Sweden

[IMG]http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web03/2011/1/9/14/meanwhile-in-sweden-16874-1294600860-12.jpg[ /IMG]
    Moose's are damn scary, especially when you're sitting in a small frikken car

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Moose's are damn scary, especially when you're sitting in a small frikken car
    Are they? xD

I haven't seen any when I was in Sweeeden

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Very relevant.
    the imperial system might not seem logical at first, but as someone else mentioned, the system is pretty logical if you look at the past. one inch used to be called a thumb and was as long as a thumb thumb. for longer distances, they had the foot, which, you guessed it, is as long as an average foot. after that, you had the yard, which was about an arms length from shoulder to wrist, or in some jurisdictions from nose to thumb. finally, the mile is thought to come from the latin for thousand paces, one pace being 2 steps or about 1.4 yards.

the problem with these measurements was that, because they were dependant on body lengths, they were variable from person to person. many families even went so far as to send the person with the biggest feet to the store for cloth, because cloth was sold by the foot. around 1450, British legislation sought to end this, giving the inch, the foot, the yard and the mile government mandated lengths, with one inch being 3 dried barley seeds put one after another (barley seeds are usually pretty uniform in length). the foot and yard were in that same law connected to the inch. The mile wasn't linked to the inch until several hundred years later.

the pound was made out to be 7000 grains, but the ounce was the only measurement to be an arbitrary part of another measurement without historical background.

now for a funny image:

Sonata Arctica <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coldstrife View Post
    So much win O.o