10+ Year Old Account
    Or, you know, we could all not be ethnocentric asshats and just accept that Americans use the imperial system. Just because it's not as smooth as the metric system, it doesn't mean that it doesn't work or that you have to be a genius to understand it.

Irrelevant:

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    They get pretty big, can be as heavy as 700kg

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT

That's a freaking Dino T_T

I'd have a heart attack if I saw that shit ''in real life''.

Deleted
    They get pretty big, can be as heavy as 700kg
    I can't even put that in perspective. i've tried looking for a funny image of 700 water bottles put next to a man, but I can't find any. and pallets of bricks usually fit around 1300 KG of bricks.

can anyone find a funny image to show how much 700 KG really is (while staying family friendly, of course)?

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT

That's a freaking Dino T_T

I'd have a heart attack if I saw that shit ''in real life''.
    When they wander in to Denmark, we run them over with our trains!
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

Deleted
    RAWWWWWWWWWWWWWR

Deleted
    I've seen one IRL. Was terrifying. Imagine running into that with your car. Your car's dead.
    That's why we have Elk Crossing signs, because they'll demolish your vehicle.

[IMG]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3KtnMG0f6mJOQg3tfxnVy54aHVT8dL3kIde0CkLkkFvb4183mRbbZ_0MV[/ IMG]
    Once when I was out driving in the forest I meet a elk, it was huge, I was very tiny, scary as hell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    I can't even put that in perspective. i've tried looking for a funny image of 700 water bottles put next to a man, but I can't find any. and pallets of bricks usually fit around 1300 KG of bricks.

can anyone find a funny image to show how much 700 KG really is (while staying family friendly, of course)?
    If it helps. this is a fiat 127 from 1975, and it weights 700kg

Last edited by mmoc5f38b3b33c; 2012-05-26 at 09:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    All these moose/elk pics remind me of a joke.

How did Banff get its name? It is the sound of a motorhome hitting a moose.

OT:
    Last edited by Zoma; 2012-05-26 at 10:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbadxampl View Post
    oh look, it's a 4-inch NOPE! ...wait, that's not inches! that's the metric system, which makes that one pretty much normal size. if y'all are gonna complain about COMIC SANS!!! (the horror?) then I'm gonna make some noise about your goofy metric system!
    So because you don't use the metric system it's goofy? Excellent use of logic there bud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunkyman View Post
    That's why it says CM and MM.. can Americans not read now or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Goofy? The metric system is superior to its american counterpart because of simplicity.
    -metric system is too cliche hipster-
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Very relevant. -American imperial system is arbitrary retarded roller coaster and rest of the world uses teh best system-
    inb4 the 3,000th handegg picture of this thread.

If you're going to talk crap about Americans at least post a picture that's actually funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageissues View Post
    Or, you know, we could all not be ethnocentric asshats and just accept that Americans use the imperial system. Just because it's not as smooth as the metric system, it doesn't mean that it doesn't work or that you have to be a genius to understand it.
    Don't get your hopes up.

I've seen one IRL. Was terrifying. Imagine running into that with your car. Your car's dead.
    That's why we have Elk Crossing signs, because they'll demolish your vehicle.

Do these beasts actually wander about where you live? o_O
    I'm afraid of mosquitos FFS !

I'm glad I didn't see any of that in Sweden, though, I intend to visit Kiruna, Lulea and Umea. Will I see any of that there?

Quote Originally Posted by HolgerDK View Post
    When they wander in to Denmark, we run them over with our trains!
    That sounds awesome Can I have that too? :P

Deleted
    Do these beasts actually wander about where you live? o_O
    I'm afraid of mosquitos FFS !

I'm glad I didn't see any of that in Sweden, though, I intend to visit Kiruna, Lulea and Umea. Will I see any of that there?
    Most likely

let's clean things here with some cold water and calming bullets, hehe

You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Most likely
    :'(

What should I bring for protection?

Deleted

A gun?
    I don't know, usually don't defend my self against them.

You dont need protection from them, they are not tigers that eat flesh, or flesh eaters. They live in the woods and sometimes cross the road, all people need to do is watch the road at night, and not drive over the limit.
    lets stop trying to make these to be monsters that come and kill you when you sleep and get back to funny pics!

“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    A 2 inch hornet is not scary? Bet you live in Australia where such beasts are commonplace.
    Not really, I live in Cali. People are missing the point it looks scary/huge in THIS picture. Geez

Quote Originally Posted by Aspect of Death View Post
    You dont need protection from them, they are not tigers that eat flesh, or flesh eaters. They live in the woods and sometimes cross the road, all people need to do is watch the road at night, and not drive over the limit.
    lets stop trying to make these to be monsters that come and kill you when you sleep and get back to funny pics!

I'm sorry you just made them even scarier for me...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    A gun?
    I don't know, usually don't defend my self against them.
    just make sure you dont shoot any albinos LOL!

10+ Year Old Account

They're really only about the size of a horse, the guys in those hunting shots are standing behind them a little so that they look bigger in the pic. Same thing as when a guy catches a fish and holds it at arm's length towards the camera to make it look bigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    They're really only about the size of a horse, the guys in those hunting shots are standing behind them a little so that they look bigger in the pic. Same thing as when a guy catches a fish and holds it at arm's length towards the camera to make it look bigger.
    It makes sense, but I'd be scared if I had one of these foul beasts walking around me