Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Not to turn this into a Nintendo vs competitor debate, but the only reason the Wii is so popular is primarily because of the price-tag and a very large portion of the games are designed for kids, which is a double win for Nintendo, no?

I don't think any self-respecting console gamer can say they value the Wii over a Xbox or PS3?
    made for kids lol.. just your typical ignorant gamer. I play fps and mmo's on my pc and usually games like mario galaxy, smash bros, zelda, xenoblade, metroid etc on a console like the wii and i buy for first party games not something i can play on every single platform including my iphone lol. I think its actually quite easy to say that i value my wii more than my old xbox or ps3 (both have been sold).

back on topic.. i really cant see anyone stopping gameplay in any sort of important moment and especially if you PAID for the game. Its something you would have to live with if the game was 100% free though.

Not to turn this into a Nintendo vs competitor debate, but the only reason the Wii is so popular is primarily because of the price-tag and a very large portion of the games are designed for kids, which is a double win for Nintendo, no?

I don't think any self-respecting console gamer can say they value the Wii over a Xbox or PS3?
    I do, not just because I can play about 90% of all PS3 and XBOX's library on my PC, but because the first parties games are more fun and better made IMO.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Honzi View Post
    If they do that, I will never buy a Sony game again and download it instead, AD free.
    I think it would be built into the console's OS as part of the UI.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    The idea is great from a business standpoint, but one of the worst ideas ever from a gamer standpoint.

And while I like to say this would make all future Sony hardware stillborn (because no gamer in their right mind wants to be interrupted in the middle of a game to see an ad about male enhancement or laundry detergent) I'm not sure if I could make that claim with how mainstream gaming has become as of late.
    If they do implement it they will suffer. People will refuse to buy their games just because of that. It is a moronic idea to say the least. Never interrupt a gamer mid-game.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    here you go, enjoy.
    how do you spend time developing a console and end up doing that?
    No, here you go:

http://www.gamespot.com/aliens-colon...hford-6377485/

And these days, Sega's loyalty has been to Nintendo for actually selling their games. Enjoy playing the inferior version if you play it on the PS3 or 360.

Also, anyone who says the Wii U graphics chip is on par with the X1950 chip in the 360 is fucking retarded, since Nintendo is running with a modified AMD 5870 in the Wii U, which is lightyears more powerful.

Just because they have the patent doesn't mean they will use it, I doubt even sony are as stupid as to interrupt a gamer mid-game

If they do then yes, Sony are done. It's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I do, not just because I can play about 90% of all PS3 and XBOX's library on my PC, but because the first parties games are more fun and better made IMO.
    You and the guy above you don't see what I'm saying. All the major 3 console games look horrible and just feel quirky on the Wii compared to a Xbox or PS. If you like the story more than the looks of a game that's fine. Most gamers don't. Just like music, you need a hook to get you to play the game, for some people that's a story. Others like to see what things look like. Look at how bad ToR is doing with such a heavy investment (in both time and money) doing voice-overs because they (and they have said it) that the story is going to make the game a WoW killer.

Sure, if you buy a game that's only made for the Wii clearly you can't compare it to a Xbox or PS. If it was on the Xbox or PS it would not only look better but "play" better. Consoles are meant for game pads, not a stick that you hold, is horrible at tracking your movement and overall just doesn't "feel" right. Why do you think console controllers haven't change since inception outside of the Wii? Nintendo thought it was going to be the next "thing" but it's not.

This is coming from a non-console owner (owned a Wii, Xbox and PS but sold them due to the fact I play games on the PC only) so I have no favortism. I've used all three.

You and the guy above you don't see what I'm saying. All the major 3 console games look horrible and just feel quirky on the Wii compared to a Xbox or PS. If you like the story more than the looks of a game that's fine. Most gamers don't. Just like music, you need a hook to get you to play the game, for some people that's a story. Others like to see what things look like. Look at how bad ToR is doing with such a heavy investment (in both time and money) doing voice-overs because they (and they have said it) that the story is going to make the game a WoW killer.
    What am I missing here? You said no self respecting gamer will favor the Wii, I consider myself a gamer as in I've been playing games since I was about 3 years old, and I favor my Wii. That's simply all I was getting at.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    made for kids lol.. just your typical ignorant gamer. I play fps and mmo's on my pc and usually games like mario galaxy, smash bros, zelda, xenoblade, metroid etc on a console like the wii and i buy for first party games not something i can play on every single platform including my iphone lol. I think its actually quite easy to say that i value my wii more than my old xbox or ps3 (both have been sold).

back on topic.. i really cant see anyone stopping gameplay in any sort of important moment and especially if you PAID for the game. Its something you would have to live with if the game was 100% free though.
    People pay for cable/sat and see ads. What's the difference? Sure the cable/sat company is the middle-man (provider) but it's the same thing.

I'd probably tolerate it on an add supported totally free to play game but if that ever pops up on a consul game or any other boxed pc game that I payed good money for I'm going to ask for a refund and never buy from them again.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    I'd probably tolerate it on an add supported totally free to play game but if that ever pops up on a consul game or any other boxed pc game that I payed good money for I'm going to ask for a refund and never buy from them again.
    There's no difference between a totally free ad supported game, and any of the F2P games out there. I would actually say that the current F2P model would be better than having ads plastered all over a game.

Sigh. Was product placement not enoguh? i always thought it was kinda fun to have like stuff i knew in my games (soda brands TV Logos Etc) but now Live ads? o_0 and interupting my Game play? idc if like a TV has an Ad in the game i play or something but to actually interupt me in something im paying to play is just insane. glad ive drifted away from Sony Since the PS2 =[

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd refuse to play/buy any game that included that.

That is an extremely ignorant way of looking at things. It's always funny to see people hating on Nintendo because Xbox and PS3 are more powerful systems, cause that automatically makes games better. Rite?!
    Skelington refuses to support Sony because they are a horrible company and he doesn't care for games on the Xbox, especially when he can just play all of them on his PC. But Skelington must not be a gamer with decency nor self-respect because of that, since Nintendo is for immature babbys. Games need life-like graphics, blood, and partial nudity to be reputable in the smallest sense.

I buy video games for the advertisements. Just like I pay for television for the commercials.

Doesn't everybody else?

oh look, more stuff to screw with gaming. and people thought all they wanted was some drm that ensured profit and would never interfere with gamers once they got it down. hate to say it but today drm, tomorrow the world I mean gaming
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

Deleted
    SO I can play games for free if i watch an advert every 20 -30 mins? yea i have no problem with this

Who cares, Sony has tanked like hell, they're never going to be on top again

Sure, if you buy a game that's only made for the Wii clearly you can't compare it to a Xbox or PS. If it was on the Xbox or PS it would not only look better but "play" better. Consoles are meant for game pads, not a stick that you hold, is horrible at tracking your movement and overall just doesn't "feel" right.Why do you think console controllers haven't change since inception outside of the Wii? Nintendo thought it was going to be the next "thing" but it's not.

This is coming from a non-console owner (owned a Wii, Xbox and PS but sold them due to the fact I play games on the PC only) so I have no favortism. I've used all three.
    The bolded is ridiculously wrong. From joysticks, to a regular pad, to 1 analog stick and then 2, and steadily adding buttons, they've changed a lot. It's also not horrible at tracking movement, and I don't see how it 'doesn't feel right' or how 'consoles are meant for gamepads' is nothing other than regressive nonsense. They greatly exaggerated it's impact, but in the right situations, the Wii does things a regular pad or a kb+m just couldn't possibly come close to.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no difference between a totally free ad supported game, and any of the F2P games out there. I would actually say that the current F2P model would be better than having ads plastered all over a game.
    Games on smartphones use the ad system. This is how I imagine Sony would use it if they did. Example, PSN store has Angry Birds on it. Why would anyone buy Angry Birds on PSN when you can play it for free on you phone or PC? If Sony throws adds into the game they could then start making money off it it instead of spending money hosting it on their servers. IF Sony implements this feature it will be up to developers to use and probably only used on the download only casual games in the PSN store. I wouldn't mind watching a 30 sec ad in the middle of level in Trine if I could play it for free.