Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    EA is pretty much still the only developer to openly admit to cutting corners on games to later release core content as DLC.

EA is still the only developer/producer to repeatedly get caught suggesting the most ludicrous things for microtransactions, such as $1 reloads in a BF3 match.

EA has the longest track record of absorbed then killed studios in the industry.

They do good, and they do bad, but their bad is a mountain of shit 6 miles high.
    so theyre truthful about cutting corners in order to make another profit on the same game later on down the road. my repsonse to that would be not to buy their product if you feel so strongly about it.

these so called "ludicrous" microtransactions must not be that ludicrous if people are buying them. again, no need for you to buy them if you dont want too.

dont get me wrong, i believe they are out to do nothing but make money. they most likely dont care what anyone thinks about them as long as that cash flow keeps rolling in, but to (and this isnt pointed at any one individual) sit here and say that theyre the only company to buy another company and then watch the former companies titles turn to shit is quite hypocritical. biggest offender? possibly but their not any less guilty than say activision

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    That is something I'll concur with.

Sometimes, it does feel like EA is trying very hard to squeeze out positive sales figures, up to the point of compromizing "their" games.

On the other hand, some of the things they're supporting probably wouldn't have had the quality they have if EA wasn't throwing money into the pit.
    That's the beauty, isn't it? We hate them, but we need their money.

Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    so theyre truthful about cutting corners in order to make another profit on the same game later on down the road. my repsonse to that would be not to buy their product if you feel so strongly about it.

these so called "ludicrous" microtransactions must not be that ludicrous if people are buying them. again, no need for you to buy them if you dont want too.

dont get me wrong, i believe they are out to do nothing but make money. they most likely dont care what anyone thinks about them as long as that cash flow keeps rolling in, but to (and this isnt pointed at any one individual) sit here and say that theyre the only company to buy another company and then watch the former companies titles turn to shit is quite hypocritical. biggest offender? possibly but their not any less guilty than say activision
    Actually, that particular microtransaction was cut specifically because of the backlash against it. It's shady as shit and bullshit. EA finally found a line they wouldn't cross, because they finally found one that their customers wouldn't put up with.

I don't buy EA's developed games, and I look long and hard at anything they publish before buying it to make sure it isn't some half-assed product with DLC to "complete" it.

Like I said, they aren't the only company to absorb and kill studios, but they have been doing it far longer and far more frequently than any other publisher on the market. I can't honestly think of a single company that EA has bought that hasn't tanked within 10 years.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

That clip describes Activision MUCH more than EA if you ask me. They are the ones delivering half baked games with the full 60 bucks price and overpriced DLC. Atleast EA tries to innovate their games (which is not always a good thing trough, look at C&C4), and they are giving most of their games the Frostbite 2 engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomster View Post
    You do realize C&C was made by Westwood back when they got nothing to do with EA. And please don't tell you're talking about the garbage that came out ever since Westwood got bought by EA, starting with Tiberian Sun (I think).
    Westwood Studios (1995–2002)
    1995 – Command & Conquer
    1996 – Command & Conquer – The Covert Operations
    1996 – Command & Conquer: Red Alert
    1997 – Command & Conquer: Red Alert – Counterstrike
    1997 – Command & Conquer: Red Alert – The Aftermath
    1998 – Command & Conquer: Red Alert – Retaliation
    1997 – Command & Conquer: Sole Survivor
    1999 – Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun
    2000 – Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun – Firestorm
    2002 – Command & Conquer: Renegade

EA Pacific (a.k.a. Westwood Pacific) (2000–2003)
    2000 – Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2
    2001 – Command & Conquer: Yuri's Revenge
    2003 – Command & Conquer: Generals

EA Los Angeles (2003—2010)
    2003 – Command & Conquer: Generals – Zero Hour
    2007 – Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars
    2008 – Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath
    2008 – Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
    2009 – Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 – Uprising
    2010 – Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight

EA Phenomic (2011)
    2012 – Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances

BioWare Victory (2011)
    2013 – Command & Conquer: Generals 2

Westwood downfall came when they started to put C&C into new genres, like with Renegade. Even trough I liked that game, a lot of people hated it. They are still kings in the RTS genre, proven by their best C&C games like Red Alert 2 and Generals

It seems dumb to complain about EA making money if you buy their products. Though also quite fruitless when others buy their products in such numbers.

No different than the box office; If you are the type of movie goer going to see The Avengers or Transformers 2, you have no ground to stand on decrying the state of the cinema when you could have seen, A Separation.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    we agree mostly on the same thing it seems. i wasnt trying to come off as an ea sympathizer nor supporter. i was merely stating that while they may be the biggest offenders theyre certainly not the only offender.

proceed with the chlorophyll!!!

---------- Post added 2012-05-28 at 09:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It seems dumb to complain about EA making money if you buy their products. Though also quite fruitless when others buy their products in such numbers.

No different than the box office; If you are the type of movie goer going to see The Avengers or Transformers 2, you have no ground to stand on decrying the state of the cinema when you could have seen, A Separation.
    ive never heard of A Separation, but the avengers was pretty amazing...

This video was so good, I had to watch it again.

SUPER MEAT BOY!!!!

I feel used, watched that video and there wasn't a single nut shell to be found.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by u9k13tjc View Post
    Could equally be Bliz in that vid.
    Blizz may not be saints but compared to EA they are. At least there are not DLC raids in WoW (yet).
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Blizz may not be saints but compared to EA they are. At least there are not DLC raids in WoW (yet).

No game company is saints but they'r pretty damn good compared to most. Also Activision is not involved in their game development. Personally I can't really what makes a good game anyways either. If I was going to be a critic(A good honest one)

10+ Year Old Account
    EA is pretty much still the only developer to openly admit to cutting corners on games to later release core content as DLC.

EA is still the only developer/producer to repeatedly get caught suggesting the most ludicrous things for microtransactions, such as $1 reloads in a BF3 match.

EA has the longest track record of absorbed then killed studios in the industry.

They do good, and they do bad, but their bad is a mountain of shit 6 miles high.
    EA is NOT the only company that cut corners, that suggest point less micro transactions, killed many studios.
    forgetting? Activision-blizzard

Deleted

Activision-Blizzard rings a bell.

And Capcom.

And Ubisoft.

And so on.

That's just how the indsutry works (sadly), people complaining about EA nickle-and-diming its customers with Activision-Blizzard litterally next door (as the site is dedicated to one of their games) is pretty ludicrous in and of itself, RMAH, spectral horse etc. speak for themselves in that regard. And Activision-Blizzard yearly publishes the same watered-down rehashes of the same game as well. Capcom is great at nickle-and-diming their customers, better than EA is by miles upon miles. Ubisoft, and Activision-Blizzard recently, are apparently great at having very intrusive always-on DRM, but Activision-Blizzard gets away with it due to being, well Activision-Blizzard, while Ubisoft faced pitchforks. Origin is essentially the same thing as BattleNet, keep that in mind.

The industry is saturated with bad bussiness practices and EA probably isn't the worst, but they are alot clumsier when they go about doing bad stuff so that they stand out. Activision-Blizzard is by comparison agile ballerinas when it comes to dancing out of blame's way, EA is more like a drunk falling right on it.

An exapnsion could be said to be DLC, if you download it - it is content you pay for post-release, no? And you pay monthly to even play the game in order to raid - I fail to see the distinction but will give it a pass as it is a poor example, it being a MMO and all. A better example is if you had to pay 10$ to kill Diablo in Diablo 3, and as far as I am aware it is Capcom and not EA doing crappy DLC like that.
    Last edited by mmoc64e39b9c60; 2012-05-28 at 11:49 PM.

The Blizzard store is basicaly a DLC shop. 20 bucks for a mount and 10 bucks for a pet seem extremely overpriced trough

Honestly, you could replace EA with Blizzard and/or Activision and it would be just as, if not more, accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    Honestly, you could replace EA with Blizzard and/or Activision and it would be just as, if not more, accurate.

If you believe the hate that said companies get.

Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    Activision-Blizzard rings a bell.

And Capcom.

And Ubisoft.

And so on.

That's just how the indsutry works (sadly), people complaining about EA nickle-and-diming its customers with Activision-Blizzard litterally next door (as the site is dedicated to one of their games) is pretty ludicrous in and of itself, RMAH, spectral horse etc. speak for themselves in that regard. And Activision-Blizzard yearly publishes the same watered-down rehashes of the same game as well. Capcom is great at nickle-and-diming their customers, better than EA is by miles upon miles. Ubisoft, and Activision-Blizzard recently, are apparently great at having very intrusive always-on DRM, but Activision-Blizzard gets away with it due to being, well Activision-Blizzard, while Ubisoft faced pitchforks. Origin is essentially the same thing as BattleNet, keep that in mind.

The industry is saturated with bad bussiness practices and EA probably isn't the worst, but they are alot clumsier when they go about doing bad stuff so that they stand out. Activision-Blizzard is by comparison agile ballerinas when it comes to dancing out of blame's way, EA is more like a drunk falling right on it.
    I never said no other game company does it.

I said that EA is the most obvious about it. NO other game company gets caught making the asinine statements they get caught making. Their CEO needs his mouth stapled shut. He's the source of most of the shit that gets people riled about EA.

Also, I'd agree about Capcom and the nickel and diming if it weren't for EA's stranglehold on all the "official" sports games. Those are the greatest example of rehashed shit, and they've made bank off the dumbest DLC for them.

Reread what I wrote. I never claimed EA was the sole source of bad business practices. Read my previous post as well. I know everyone pulls this shit. EA is just more blatant, and apparently never bothers to pretend they don't.

I said that EA is the most obvious about it. NO other game company gets caught making the asinine statements they get caught making. Their CEO needs his mouth stapled shut. He's the source of most of the shit that gets people riled about EA.
    I guess you have never heard of Bobby Kotick.

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    I guess you have never heard of Bobby Kotick.

I've never heard Kotick saying anything this fucking retarded.

I've never heard Kotick saying anything this fucking retarded.
    http://kotaku.com/5359567/bobby-koti...ng-video-games

More recently, but not a direct quote and not exactly an unbiased source, but revealing nonetheless:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...n-lawsuit.aspx

I don't know, I kind of think talking about completely ruining some soul and talent in the industry is a little worse than one guy's delusions about microtransactions. This is coming from a guy semi-excited about BO2.