Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    MMO-Champion tends to have ... far more than casual players who come here. Those that come here use the site to chat with other players regarding things whether that be for news, help, recruitment, etc. The people who are still struggling through normal Diablo III likely won't even know this site exists. Thus the poll will skew toward the higher end rather than the lower end and ultimately contradict what Blizzard's numbers are. Of course the poll won't be accurate because of this. So I wouldn't take much stock in it ... especially since people lie and you can vote multiple times in the same poll. I vote once, refresh the page, and I can vote again. Blizzard has the true numbers so they're the ones to be believed over a poll on a website that the majority of the player base likely doesn't even know exists. What's the most these polls ever see? Like 100,000? And how many of those are duplicates and how many are from liars? I'd trust Blizzard over anonymous polls any day. I'll admit, I'm playing nightmare and am stuck on act 2 due to lack of gear. May try again with the patch coming up, but I'll guess I'll see.

As for WoW, rather interesting to see Blizzard update some of the animations for classes. Some of the glyphs look interesting as well, that's for sure.

Don't forget to mention the drop down list on top right of the achievement menu, that's also brand new and hopefully they improve it over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    @chaud: For the Account-wide Achievements, is the number at the top of the Achievements pane the amount of Achievement points your character has, or your account has?
    Character.

Quote Originally Posted by guardian_titan View Post
    So I wouldn't take much stock in it ... especially since people lie and you can vote multiple times in the same poll. I vote once, refresh the page, and I can vote again. Blizzard has the true numbers so they're the ones to be believed over a poll on a website that the majority of the player base likely doesn't even know exists. .
    Your vote only counts once, voting again just changes it. The poll isn't to contradict what they said, just see how our visitor base is progressing. To evaluate that you have to ignore most of the votes for inferno!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Character.
    Is there a way to check your Achievement points for your entire account, or will you have to do that manually?
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Bleh. I hate Diablo honestly.

As for the WoW stuff. Love it! Blacklist BGs? Yesssss. No more BGs I don't have any clue how to play on.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Is there a way to check your Achievement points for your entire account, or will you have to do that manually?
    Manually, unless they implement it on the armory. It should be fairly similar on most characters. A level 11 monk and my level 89 mage are within 20 points of each other. Not that many achievements are not account wide after you earn them.

I really hope they fixed the problem with the filters in the profession menu that resets every time you craft something.

Deleted
    Wonder if new players joining Wow will ever get to see IoC now that you can blacklist BGs x)

Really like the idea, tho!

Chaud/Boub: Someone needs to make note that after years of begging.. The Swirly Ball is BACK!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayeri View Post
    Wonder if new players joining Wow will ever get to see IoC now that you can blacklist BGs x)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOChampion
    You are unable to blacklist the Call to Arms battleground.
    They will during the IoC Call To Arms weekend.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Diablo has been fun, but started to get slightly bored now, and only 3/4 through Nightmare. Not sure I can be bothered to play through Hell, let alone bother with the whole gearing up for Inferno thing.

Might try a different class, see if that keeps me entertained. Or have a break.

I like how everyone who chose inferno in the poll is basically calling blizzard liars in that blue post directly above the poll... lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowborne View Post
    I like how everyone who chose inferno in the poll is basically calling blizzard liars in that blue post directly above the poll... lol.
    Either Blizzard is lying, or most people who select Inferno are lying. I see no reason why Blizzard should be lying.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

10+ Year Old Account
    Or, there's a massive amount of players that aren't playing Inferno and aren't coming to MMO-Champion.
    (I'm one of them: having downloader issues.)

Don't think that the poll will get to a representetive size any time with 6.3m copies sold if (I remember correctly).
    Last edited by Firebert; 2012-05-29 at 07:55 AM.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

10+ Year Old Account
    will glyph of disquise actually fool the other orcs or is it just for looks?

I hope the account-wide-achievement-screenshot is old and meanwhile all achievements are account wide..
    If u still lose much of the achievement points It's still a barrier to go and lvl a second main.

not necessarily, people that get to inferno probably have more then one character which skews the numbers. every person that is in inferno has 1-2 characters that are between level's 1-30 plus all the others that are actually level 1-30. also you have to remember not everyone that plays diablo comes to mmo-champ.

sooo... if theres roughly 7mil players, avg 3 characters each, 1.9% of which have unlocked inferno, thats 399000 inferno toons.

I know there are those with more than 1 inferno toon, say something like 20% of those with 1 inferno toon have 2, so maybe 300,000 people have unlocked inferno, thats still actually 23% of players. not 1.9%

Ha just hit Inferno. (I mean 10 minutes ago) I am the 1.5 / 35.2%! (Depending on whether you believe Blizzard or this website's poll takers.)

Deleted
    Bliz' numbers are for characters, not accounts. If you have, say, 1 char for Inferno and then 9 act 1 normal chars it is counted as 10% inferno.

Then count all the millions of casuals who will not visit a site like mmo-champion and the numbers seem pretty accurate. Similarly WoW polls showing that mmo-champ readers are typically raiders and have a much higher percent of heroic clears then the whole average of the userbase.