Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Which is the easiest class to play AND be skilled in in pvp?

I'm gonna be honest, I SUCK at PvP. I want to get better, and I have 9 classes at level 85, so I figured I'll start with the easiest. Which class/spec is the easiest to play and be skilled at/master? If different classes do better at different gear levels, lets assume they all had 4-5k resil.

Don't say mage. That's the one class I don't have at 85. If the answer is mage, pick the 2nd easiest.

Deleted
    People will whine about classes they deem OP. "wah wah, mages/rogues/etc pwn me and is therefore easy to play, my class/spec is the hardest out there".

This thread will derail. Mark my words

You guys are getting the wrong idea. I'm not asking which class is EASY, but which class is the easiest. Even if none of them are truely easy, one of them has to take less skill and know how to play than the rest. It's like DPSing as an arcane mage is far easier than DPSing as, well, any other DPS class.

Damn I was gonna say mage, but read OP.

Well I haven't played WoW in a few months, but I'm sure Blood DK's are still ridiculous. Arena at your own risk, but in BG's you'll have fun wrecking everything with 30k crits as you laugh at your life never going below 80% (exaggerating of course, but still true)
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it's pretty hard to find a good girl in the sea of whores that is my country, brazil.

Deleted
    Hard to say which one is the easiest to play, for example warriors have a lot of trouble against mages and you have to be pritty skilled in order to beat a good mage as a warrior but warriors are pritty powerful against other classes. Its pritty much the same with every class, everyone finds it easier to beat some classes and harder to beat other classes.
    The diffrence is that some classes are easier to get good at but the step to becoming really good is large meanwhile some classes are harder to get good at but the step to really good is smaller.
    Retripaladin for me was pritty easy since i have always played paldins from mid tbc. Didnt find warrior to be very hard either.

Btw i almost only play for PvE so the good guys at PvP might disagree with me but its my opinion.

Frost dk is the easiest spec in pvp imo- you can literally top damage in bgs just spamming howling blast. Having played both, frost dk is WAY easier than frost mage. Howling blast spam hits much harder than ice lance spam, well except when a target is frozen. And having to freeze a target is preparation that frost dks don't have to do in order to top charts.

I'd put ret pally in second place.
    Last edited by Arrowset; 2012-05-30 at 06:55 PM.

Deleted
    As another poster already stated, this thread will end in a flame war and insane amounts of trolls.

Here is my thoughts on your questions tho;

Classes in order of easiest to start with and play in pvp without earlier experience:

Mage
    Death Knight
    Shaman
    Warlock
    Paladin
    Warrior
    Rogue
    Priest
    Druid
    Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by wakarimas View Post
    As another poster already stated, this thread will end in a flame war and insane amounts of trolls.

Here is my thoughts on your questions tho;

Classes in order of easiest to start with and play in pvp without earlier experience:

Mage
    Death Knight
    Shaman
    Warlock
    Paladin
    Warrior
    Rogue
    Priest
    Druid
    Hunter
    Are we talking ret pally or holy pally?

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm don't go that way really.

Pick the one you feel better playing with. That's it all.

Play a healer, find some dps to que bg's with, make sure they peel for you. Everyone loves a good healer.

I was never really good at PVP until I started playing my DK. I just love the DK, especially frost spec, and for the longest time DK PVP was unholy or gtfo. But I always played as frost or blood, I never liked unholy.

And my druid, druids are hard to master with the stance dancing, but I have allways been pretty good on her in BGs, even better than on my DK. I play resto, but popping in and out of the proper forms to use all the available pvp abilities is what makes it a ton of fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing the game for 6 years and PvP is pretty much all I do. The easiest by far to jump right in and get really good at is Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    I've been playing the game for 6 years and PvP is pretty much all I do. The easiest by far to jump right in and get really good at is Rogue.
    Huh, really? I do like my rogue, but I've heard it's pretty tough to get good at PvP wise.

Doing arenas and rated bg's on all classes atm, some more than others i would definitely have to say Frost dk's are easiest to play, followed by ret paladin. One would say mage is one of those but i must disagree, I see lots of mages who get tunneled/train just flop because they dont know what to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Genooo View Post
    Huh, really? I do like my rogue, but I've heard it's pretty tough to get good at PvP wise.
    Everyones opinion will differ of course but when answering I tried to be as unbiased as possible and give a more 'universal' response. Rogues are top notch right now. Very high burst damage, lots of oh shit buttons, plenty of cc, and due to their incredible toolset, they are extremely forgiving if you make mistakes. Furthermore, the fact that you can stay stealthed until you have a plan and are ready and comfortable to execute, means that you won't have instant in-your-face pressure all the time thus allowing you more ease of learning.
    Last edited by Taros; 2012-05-30 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    I would agree. Rogues survive the best in the game and if you screw up as you learn, you have many tricks to get you out of danger. To become real good at rogue does take practice but to jump right in, I agree with Rogue.

I also play a F DK and I would agree the HB/NS spam builds are very easy to get cooking with. The F DK Oblit/FS/NS build is a bit harder until you get used to rune management.

frost dk, literal face roll rotation, defensive cds when even used wrong or inefficiently still are effective, and tons of damage, all you have to do is learn when to use death grip for bg play, hint: its AFTER your target uses their escape ability (blink, demonic port, ect)

Pretty much any class, they're all easy but "hard" to master.
    Of course something like Ret Paladin has lower skill cap compared to MM Hunter.

Play a Rogue, Mage or DK. If you want a healer play Priest. Or just play what you enjoy.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by wakarimas View Post

Mage
    Death Knight
    Shaman
    Warlock
    Paladin
    Warrior
    Rogue
    Priest
    Druid
    Hunter
    Pretty much agree with this, also are you asking for the lowest skillcap or the lowest learning curve?
    Also are we talking BG, RBG or arena?
    BG doesn't require any skill so any class will do, (I find RBG to be similar you just need to coordinate and blow stuff up). For arena practice in 2's with a healer and make sure you make it as easy on yourself as possible, if your chosen class works amasing with a shaman, good with priest, ok with druid and sucks with pala (healers I mean) then try to find a shaman.
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2012-05-30 at 11:00 PM.

Deleted
    Most effective and simplest to jump into? Frost DK and maybe rogue. At higher skill levels such as high rated arena, rogue becomes a pretty tough spec without op pve gear and legendary's which carry most rogue players today.