Poll: Is Jaina's new character something you're looking forward to?

Page 6 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jaina is a smart girl. When she says "your people" to Garrosh she does mean those loyal to him. She must be aware of the Horde's fractured state due to Garrosh's leadership skills, or lack thereof. I doubt she has much of a mind to kill, for example, Baine.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    Soldiers do not always like the decisions their superiors make, nor do they understand them. Trying to do so would be unwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    For some reason reminded me of Daenerys Targaryen
    Soooo much! Te defiance tone is so alike!

Looks like Anduin's getting a new Step-mom.

Her anger is just. Everything she stood up for was taken and burned. Everything she wanted for peace between the Horde and the Alliance just got unmade. She just got unhinged.

And it is completely Garrosh's and his army's fault.

I do not see this as a negative thing; a leader who is lulled to inaction is one who will never gain respect (see: many RL politicans who sit around arguing instead of acting) nor achieve anything. Cause and effect. I now relish to see what consequence this brings.

Also, Garrosh's cold head needs to be a trophy on my wall back in Thunderbluff.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syio View Post
    Her anger is just. Everything she stood up for was taken and burned. Everything she wanted for peace between the Horde and the Alliance just got unmade. She just got unhinged.

And it is completely Garrosh's and his army's fault.

I do not see this as a negative thing; a leader who is lulled to inaction is one who will never gain respect (see: many RL politicans who sit around arguing instead of acting) nor achieve anything. Cause and effect. I now relish to see what consequence this brings.

Also, Garrosh's cold head needs to be a trophy on my wall back in Thunderbluff.
    Garrosh is not the sole reason the war started, both factions are to blame for the causes of the war

She wasent lulled into inaction
    She just has been trying for peace between the Horde and Alliance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamzilla View Post

Looks like Anduin's getting a new Step-mom.
    Actually I thought when Anduin grows up he'll get together with Jaina.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Yeah I miss the cool-headed Jaina of before, the one who bitch-slapped Varian with her words when he raged about stuff

When something hasn't happened to you personally it's easy to argue against it. Jaina's first experience with the Horde was seeing the, in the internment camps. So she never really had a reason to hate them except for what she'd HEARD they did. The fact that she sided with them against her own father shows that.

Now the same people she'd been quietly supporting peace for turn their back on her AND kill her people AND wipe her town off the map. AND what's possibly even more mortifying is the result that her father - and by extent Varian - may have been right all along.

Drek...give...it...up. You love your Horde, we get it. But they are being set up for a Redemption bit since Cata started. Right now they're the root of all evil in Azeroth until the splinter factions crop up against Garrosh. HE started THIS war. HE sent the fleet that has Jaina acting in this manner and HE'S the one responsible when the rest of the Horde realise that maybe blowing up Theramore was a bad...BAD idea.

---------- Post added 2012-06-01 at 09:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Actually I thought when Anduin grows up he'll get together with Jaina.

She's old enough to be his mum though.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    Problem is, a hefty chunk of the playerbase wants a concrete reason for the PvP to be validated through proper lore. I mean, you saw how people got all mad about there barely being any faction conflict during Wotlk. They like it when they have a lore supported reason to gank everyone they see.

It's not optimal story wise, but it encourages the PvP in a lot of ways. "You're at war, so don't hold back when you're facing other players." (Of course, not all people are so easily manipulated this way, but we're all affected by the way Blizzard takes the story of this game)

It's a very simple storyline, but in a game which centers around faction conflict, you don't always need a complex storyline which steers away from the conflict.
    I think it would have made so much more sense if the horde-alliance would have made a single faction, in uneasy alliance and with lots bickering and even skirmishes over borders... and then have a faction of burning legion races, with inherently evil philosophy.

Because as we see in the way wow works, in order to spark the interfaction conflict, we need to somehow allow narrow-minded characters in the top office, characters who would only be fit as purely military leaders but who should have no say on the decision of waging war. Otherwise, how can you have war between two "good" factions?

Well the horde vs alliance is the main conflict in MoP, this would make sense. Personally I think it adds depths to her character, the wise sage is only interesting for so long.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    The horde comes into her city and

DESTROYS

FUCKING

EVERYTHING

Yes. Shes a bit salty about the situation.
    well, it's her own damn fault , she let theramore be used as a militairy base used to bring suplies and troops to the barens where they razed a peacefull tauren village, with the close proximity to orgrimar theramore is a threat and a way for the alliance to keep 2 fronts open and suplied.
    Theramore was bouned to get attacked because of that, she made her home a militairy target and now cries about the concequences.
    so the options to choose from are not correct , Jaina has never been neutral, her loyalty has allways lied with the alliance even if she did question some decisions.
    Last edited by mmocffc62feb06; 2012-06-01 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cargath View Post
    "Put the War back in Warcraft." Just... Just stop with that... The Horde and Alliance war may be a major war as of now, but, IT'S NOT THE ONLY WAR IN THE GAME. I know that the war between the Alliance and Horde will be the main focus in Mists of Pandaria, but like I said, that doesn't make it the only war in the game or in the Lore.
    I have to wonder at times if you're Trassk at times, because there's only a few people who trot out this old canard and think it proves a point. The Alliance/Horde war may not be the ONLY war in WoW, but it is a MAJOR war; Even with Ragnaros, Kel'thuzad, Nefarian, C'thun and all their legions upon us, we still clashed swords. Even with the Legion who, in having almost slaughtered the Draenei, turned their gaze on us, we still fought one another. Even with the Lich King and all his Undead Scourge against us, the drums of war were still beaten. And, even with Deathwing raining fire down upon us, we still fought tooth and nail.

The simple fact is this; The Alliance/Horde conflict is a definitive part of Warcraft, that's how it began. The Cenarion Circle, The Hydraxian Waterlords, the Argent Dawn and Nozdormu's Brood; they were all there in Vanilla, aiding mortal beings against against a myriad of threats the likes of which they'd never seen before. The Shattered Sun and Sha'tar too were there in The Burning Crusade, who sought to show the Legion that we would not be beaten, and that they would be the mortals who would take a stand, and live. The Argent Crusade was there in WOTLK, bringing swift retribution to a Lich King who had so long escaped it. And in Cataclysm, the Earthen Ring and Dragonflights were there to mend the world and put an end to the beast who changed the fact of it forever.

No one has said that the Alliance/Horde war is the only war in Warcraft, but it's not going away, and for once it's getting some time in the limelight, rather than having always been something on the side in the face of bigger threats. For many people, it is the War in Warcraft, but whatever foes or threats we've faced in the past, it has never ceased; the fact is, that is not a bad thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    She's old enough to be his mum though.
    Mah playah.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Anduin and Jaina sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G

10+ Year Old Account
    *Horde destroys your entire city*
    You: "Oh hey there cute hordies <3" /hug

Yeah, totally not, what do you even think... Doesn't she have a reason to be rather pissed?

10+ Year Old Account
    I hated this character development. Not because she is going to war the horde, but because she just seems as racist as her father. It's either that their assassinated her characterization or that she is just talking from a place of anger, hate and pain. And I don't like either reason.

They could have made her an active player in the war in much better ways than a revenge-monger, the Jaina we have seen since warcraft 3 wouldn't be as senseless to fall on that. Destroy her idealism, not her rationale, she should be out for retribution and justice, not revenge. She could reach the conclusion that alliance and horde just can't coexist in peace and that war is inevitable in a much more dignified fashion, I dunno, it feels like a step back in her character.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubalus View Post
    well, it's her own damn fault , she let theramore be used as a militairy base used to bring suplies and troops to the barens where they razed a peacefull tauren village, with the close proximity to orgrimar theramore is a threat and a way for the alliance to keep 2 fronts open and suplied.
    Theramore was bouned to get attacked because of that, she made her home a militairy target and now cries about the concequences.
    The raiding of Taurajo was due to some idiots going greedy as well as going up against their commander as well.

She is not crying but rather retaliating and Garrosh in the meanwhile is using powers that are beyond his own control, so this further ignite a war.

Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    I hated this character development. Not because she is going to war the horde, but because she just seems as racist as her father. It's either that their assassinated her characterization or that she is just talking from a place of anger, hate and pain. And I don't like either reason.

They could have made her an active player in the war in much better ways than a revenge-monger, the Jaina we have seen since warcraft 3 wouldn't be as senseless to fall on that. Destroy her idealism, not her rationale, she should be out for retribution and justice, not revenge. She could reach the conclusion that alliance and horde just can't coexist in peace and that war is inevitable in a much more dignified fashion, I dunno, it feels like a step back in her character.
    The city under she was warding had been literally nuke with an arcane focusing iris, tell more about how you'd be more reasonable against a nation who had just launched a nuclear attack on you...

Deleted
    Hmmm she finaly sees the errors of her peace-seeking ways. So long she refused to understand the hate between the factions, but now when she got hit by the opposing faction she throws it all overboard and goes mainstream?
    Somehow i'm getting the feeling the horde will not be setting the bomb to explode Theramore, but Jaina herself will trigger the focusing iris while "trying to secure" it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Garrosh is not the sole reason the war started, both factions are to blame for the causes of the war

She wasent lulled into inaction
    She just has been trying for peace between the Horde and Alliance
    I am attributing the destruction of Theramore to Garrosh's decision in attacking it, not the entire scale of Alliance VS Horde's war. Unless I missed out on something major, this was a sudden development that took Theramore completely off-guard; no one from the Alliance expected it.

Her 'actions' were ineffective and therefore equals next to nothing in my book, hence I say she's been lulled into inaction.

Shitty cliche character move. Keeping your values when they're tested is the mark of a good character. Arguing that the actions of a few shouldn't be placed on the many is what she did time and time again for the Horde, and now she just flip-flopped?

Terrible deus ex machina, they probably needed symmetry between horde and alliance, this is just gameplay influencing story.