Poll: Is Jaina's new character something you're looking forward to?

Page 13 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Exerus View Post
    I guess if it must be it must be but I liked that their was someone willing to stand between the 2 bulls Wrynn and Garrosh to keep them from killing each other. Of course Im sure Jaina respects Thrall more than Garrosh though.
    Well I belive Varian's son will replace Jaina as the peaceful idealist

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm excited for these hoping to see all out war on every front from every character lol

I think it's good for her character development for sure, but playing as Horde (and a mage) I've always LOVED Jania and felt that was okay since she pretty much was just neutral, now I'm gonna have to think of her as my enemy most likely. Sadface. : (

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    I'm excited for these hoping to see all out war on every front from every character lol
    I concur. The Burning Legion, N'Zoth and his puppet Azshara can all wait. For now I just want straight up bloody, vengeful, all out war rife with atrocities and havoc. I want Genn to part Sylvanas' head from her neck and then crush her skull under his boot. Let's see your Valkyr help you out this time.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Another good thing about that change is that we won't be hearing or reading silly comments such as "Jaina is neutral" anymore.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Another good thing about that change is that we won't be hearing or reading silly comments such as "Jaina is neutral" anymore.
    Yeah, Jaian never was neutral, like ever
    She was and is a member of the Alliance
    Her being a peaceful idealist does not make her magically not a part of the Alliance anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    She was Alliance no doubt, but she has helped Horde figures (like Baine) and generally tried to keep the peace.
    It's really not that much out of step to say she was practically neutral until...provoked, and just wanted peace between the two factions.

I will never stop hating Jaina for betraying Varian and I in the fight for the Undercity. I hope she dies in MOP. or joins the horde. I /spit on her any time I am in Theramore or run Hyjal. She's a traitor, funny how Varian never mentions it again though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know I think she was just caught in the heat of the moment, she HATES Garrosh for sure, but I know she has her rational side still tucked away, but seeing her home destroyed by that Tyrant, her people killed? I think that might make anyone fly off the hook and rage like that. Afterwards she just sounds depressed.

I like the way they're taking her, I want to see her come out of this stronger than ever.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Gotta say, these two Know Your Lore -bits are really well written and give a clear view from both sides of the Southern Barrens conflict.

- The Horde side
    - The Alliance side

The only weird part was the writer's question of why Jaina didn't go to Baine to ask for permission for her forces to pass through and stuff. That's such a silly thing to ponder, as the Alliance reinforcements/supplies were going to aid the troops in Stonetalon/Ashenvale, therefore directly resulting in greater Horde casualties. Why does the writer think Baine would agree to something like that?

Is it me or does Jaina hair turn white?
    (Do you think it's from hatred and pain? Or from using ridiculous strong spell?)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ace1231337 View Post
    How is everyone feeling about her new personality. She sounds awfully pissed in her voice overs that were posted on the front page today. I know it's her responsibility to put everything aside and protect Theramore but is anyone else a little disappointed with the way things are turning out? We were pretty much told that Garrosh is the only idiot screwing up and he's going to pay for all his shit. It doesn't seem fair that Jaina hates everyone in the horde for the actions of that meathead douchebag that has been a screw up from the beginning.

The Jaina that I've "grown up" with since the good ol' days of WCIII was a peace loving woman. Some people may have found her too peaceful and boring. Some would complain that all she did was sit in her little tower and do nothing despite being one of the most powerful mortal mages on Azeroth. I understand her completely though. I would be pissed I guess. Even so, I think it's just not her character to be so anti-horde.

What does everyone else think about it? Good? Bad?

Link for those that haven't seen.
    I'm just thinking back to World War 2 and the Nazi's and how they were dealt with afterwards. Ultimately, it's not just Garrosh going around killing her friends, her family, bringing open war and destroying the very peace she loves. It's Garrosh + his army + his soldiers + those who play the scenario.

So yes ultimately if I was her, I'd be pissed too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Well I belive Varian's son will replace Jaina as the peaceful idealist
    I forgot about Anduin. Its funny though I didnt really like the idea of being able to attack Jaina since she is one of the few neutral personalities.
    Last edited by Nuvuk; 2012-06-01 at 07:14 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Gotta say, these two Know Your Lore -bits are really well written and give a clear view from both sides of the Southern Barrens conflict.

- The Horde side
    - The Alliance side

The only weird part was the writer's question of why Jaina didn't go to Baine to ask for permission for her forces to pass through and stuff. That's such a silly thing to ponder, as the Alliance reinforcements/supplies were going to aid the troops in Stonetalon/Ashenvale, therefore directly resulting in greater Horde casualties. Why does the writer think Baine would agree to something like that?
    that was an awsome read
    I really loved how the Southern Barrens questing turned out
    Showing two sides of the same exact events, with both side shaving their share of rights and wrongs

Though it almost seems like the author is making it seem the Alliance were building a road for the benfit of trade or something.
    The road was to further Alliance war aims, and expecting the Tauren to stand by and do nothing is kinda silly
    Last edited by Dreknar20; 2012-06-01 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duskmourne View Post
    I'm okay with her becoming hardened by this, but this shift is too far out of character. She's become a racist. It doesn't sound like a logical progression for Jaina.
    How is hating the people that butchered the civilians of Theramore being a racist? Doesn't seem like anyone on the alliance is allowed to get angry at atrocities.

Deleted
    Well i understand why she is pissed.

She sacrificed her own FATHER to save the horde only to see how the horde is now destroying her home...

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    How is hating the people that butchered the civilians of Theramore being a racist? Doesn't seem like anyone on the alliance is allowed to get angry at atrocities.
    I think people just dont want Jaina to be consumed by her rage, until she lives and dies to satisfy her rage and revenge

---------- Post added 2012-06-01 at 07:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Well i understand why she is pissed.

She sacrificed her own FATHER to save the horde only to see how the horde is now destroying her home...
    She sacrificed her own father to save her home, not the Horde's
    Siding with the Horde spared the people of Thermore from an angry Horde ravaging its streets in revenge

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    I think people just dont want Jaina to be consumed by her rage, until she lives and dies to satisfy her rage and revenge
    I don't think that's it at all. They seem to just like to throw around the word racist, even though she has been the least racist NPC in the game. Garrosh has just pushed her over the edge from Cataclysm to now. Why is Jaina not allowed to get angry at the slaughter of her own people? I'm sure even Thrall would be less than level headed about it.

She kinda creeps the hell out of me now...

10+ Year Old Account
    as a hordie ive been waiting for this....seeing as i just looked at another thread that says garrosh WILL kill thrall (idk how true it is) it seems both of our previously neutral figureheads will be taken out of the war equation

again, not sure if thrall or jaina will actually die, but if they did i'd hope the players get to kill jaina :P
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz