10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    That's bs, it's not any more common in Europe than it is in North America.
    Well actually, it's a lot more accepted in the European leagues. Compared to the NHL where it's mocked.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Well actually, it's a lot more accepted in the European leagues. Compared to the NHL where it's mocked.
    Accepted? No, it's mocked pretty much anywhere.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Accepted? No, it's mocked pretty much anywhere.
    "More accepted"
    It is more common in the European leagues, watch KHL games. Yes it's still mocked and disgraceful, but it is more common.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Wtf are you smoking? I get the nice guy shit from anyone whose ever come into contact with him. If he was shallow and cocky then why does he sign autographs for everyone after games? Why does he consider Lundqvist to be the best goalie in the NHL at the moment over himself? Dude jokes around with the media all the time, you're honestly the first person I've ever heard call Marty "shallow, cocky, douche, ect".

PS He's not a good goaltender, hes a legendary goaltender considered by many the greatest of all time. Just to clarify that. He could be cocky if he wanted and all those records would warrant it.
    I'm a Devils fan, hardcore. Brodeur's kids went to school in my town, and I have met him several times. I'm sorry, but he is a huge prick. He is an absolutely fantastic goalie though.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Red Hot Chili Peppers brought Lidstrom on stage last night during their show at the Joe lol.

10+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    Holy crap, Doughty is on fire!

Edit: Video added...

Last edited by mmoc86d3d29cec; 2012-06-03 at 12:59 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywins View Post
    Holy crap, Doughty is on fire!

Edit: Video added...
    Remember that time, oh say about 8 months ago, when Doughty was a restricted free agent and ZERO fucking GMs gave him an offer sheet? God I hate NHL GMs so much.

Deleted
    Well, Doughty had his ups and downs and I can rememer him being huge let down in his second or third season of NHL. Most of the Kings fans were really disappointed with him and some wanted him gone. Most were convinced glory just got into his head a bit... He wanted huge paycheck, but he didn't really show much out on the ice, so I can understand some the GMs having second thoughts about Doughty.

But after he got his contract sorted with LA after coming back from Sweden from that NY - LA opening game, he's just been playing better and better. Shame he isn't scoring as many goals and most of his plays are in shadows of Quick and other forwards, else he'd be serious contester for Conn Smythe. But since media is pushing Quick forward he's probably going to win it.
    Last edited by mmoc86d3d29cec; 2012-06-03 at 02:08 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywins View Post
    Well, Doughty had his ups and downs and I can rememer him being huge let down in his second or third season of NHL. Most of the Kings fans were really disappointed with him and some wanted him gone. Most were convinced glory just got into his head a bit... He wanted huge paycheck, but he didn't really show much out on the ice, so I can understand some the GMs having second thoughts about Doughty.

But after he got his contract sorted with LA after coming back from Sweden from that NY - LA opening game, he's just been playing better and better. Shame he isn't scoring as many goals and most of his plays are in shadows of Quick and other forwards, else he'd be serious contester for Conn Smythe. But since media is pushing Quick forward he's probably going to win it.
    I don't think any GM actually doubted that he is absolutely a first pair NHL defenseman or worth the money they paid him. He is better than Suter and he is going to get as much or money money than the same GM could have tried to get Doughty with. They just don't use it because it makes the other GM angry and they are a pissy group. Lombardi has a history of being a little bitch about it making statements like you take one of mine I will go after one of yours. Burke got in a whole hissy bitch fight with Edmonton's GM when he was back in Anaheim over it.

Doughty has been great, but Quick has just been insane. If the Devils were to win the series and it remained close, I could still see him winning it like Giggy did for the Ducks when they lost. He has been that good.

And the Devils tie it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would have had Dustin Brown ahead of Quick before this round but Quick has elevated to Stanley Cup Final prowess status after tonight. He's been incredible and the only 2 goals that got by him were a lucky bounce of Voynov and a high slot tip which was bound to go in eventually. L.A. just has countless candidates for the trophy while New Jersey only really has 1. Quick > Brown > Kopitar =/= Doughty vs really only Brodeur who has been everything people expected + more imo. Game coulda been over countless times but he's on fire as well. If the trend continues I'd say whichever goalie's team wins will earn the Conn Smyth. If Brown steps up huge like he did in the Vancouver series I can see him winning it too but he'd have to have at least 3-4 more goals.

10+ Year Old Account
    And LA takes a 2-0 lead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Carter showed up! Great individual effort on that game winner. Whats that 10-0 now in the playoffs on the road?

10+ Year Old Account
    finally somebody remembered to stop shooting glove side, Brodeur wasn't gonna let anything in over there

@Zeoni yea the two conn smythe candidates have really shown through the last two games, its Quick and Brodeur head and shoulders above the rest, you watch those guys play and you know why these two teams are in the finals

also, now I don't have to hear anybody mentioning the '93 finals history repating, winning game 1 and then dropping 4 straight, that's dead and buried after the win tonight
    Last edited by draynay; 2012-06-03 at 03:37 AM.

Work prevented me from watching most of it. Oh well.
    Good game, LAK.

Even if they lose both at home, they still have road game advantage further on.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doughty is one of those guys you have to be patient with. He plays well even when he isn't scoring and getting points, but when he is, he is one of the best players on the ice. The kid has been great since junior, and he really carried the Guelph Storm during his OHL career. He is great defensively and can move the puck well, if the Kings stay competitive for the rest of his career and Quick plays like God till the day he retires, that whole team will be a dynasty. Doughty might not be Lidstrom material, but I'd argue he could be this generation's best two way defender.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2012-06-04 at 12:34 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Timmy Thomas is taking a year off from the NHL. Seems kind of nuts considering he will be about 40 when he tries to come back year after next.

If forwards age like milk, goalies age like fine wine.

Not necessarily a problem. He's a good goalie. If it's good for his health and motivation, go for it. Goalies last longer than forwards, for instance. Especially those with non-agressive playstyles that don't kill their ... (google translate says) groins (although I'm not sure that's the correct word. ) fast (Think Lundqvist).

15+ Year Old Account
    Vokoun got traded to the Pens for a 7th round pick. Signed a new two year deal with them for $2 million per. MAF insurance policy/guy who can prevent him from playing in so many games during the season.

---------- Post added 2012-06-04 at 05:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    If forwards age like milk, goalies age like fine wine.

Not necessarily a problem. He's a good goalie. If it's good for his health and motivation, go for it. Goalies last longer than forwards, for instance. Especially those with non-agressive playstyles that don't kill their ... (google translate says) groins (although I'm not sure that's the correct word. ) fast (Think Lundqvist).
    That is indeed the correct term.

---------- Post added 2012-06-04 at 05:22 PM ----------

Want to hear a fun fact illustrating just why Western Conference teams, especially Detroit, Columbus, and Nashville, bitch so hard about scheduling? Tonight will be New Jersey's first game outside of the Eastern time zone since JANUARY 14th at Winnipeg! Almost five freaking months of practically no travel.

10+ Year Old Account
    go la 3-0 tonight