10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Poor viciously taxed Scandinavian people.
    I'd like to think that money is put to good use!

Unlike my money, which tomorrow probably will be put into a 2700K before the last ones go away from the stores. With reservation that I might come to my senses until tomorrow.
    Last edited by Wries; 2012-06-05 at 05:38 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post

Unlike my money, which tomorrow probably will be put into a 2700K before the last ones go away from the stores. With reservation that I might come to my senses until tomorrow.
    Don't do it!!!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    It has a couple of plastic cages on the back panel that can hold some SSDs, if you remove all of the hard drive cages you can mount two in the bottom. You could always just raid up a couple of 256 GB SSDs and use an external storage box for storing data.
    Don't like that. If there were an mITX motherboard with 6 ports and z77, I'd consider it. I've only found H77 so far though.
    And I'm well aware of them, as well as the two mountings on the inside without either cage. That's still only four. Which is too few for me. I'd likely have to find a spot to ductape them in.

---------- Post added 2012-06-05 at 08:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    I guess it's possible to fit a RAID adapter in the second PCIe slot if you're using a GPU water block.
    Which second? mITX only has one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Don't do it!!!
    They seem to be generally really well binned. My 2600K does 4.6 on 1.4V. I want a shiny toy! Tell you what, I'll run prime tonight and see if it can still take a stress test, if it doesn't (hence I'd have to further raise voltage yet again) I'm getting something else and hopefully I'll get around to re-sell this sucker.
    Last edited by Wries; 2012-06-05 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Don't like that. If there were an mITX motherboard with 6 ports and z77, I'd consider it. I've only found H77 so far though.
    And I'm well aware of them, as well as the two mountings on the inside without either cage. That's still only four. Which is too few for me. I'd likely have to find a spot to ductape them in.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131840

ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe with 2xSATA III, 2xSATA II, 2xE-SATA II is the only board that comes close to 6 sata ports.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131840

ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe with 2xSATA III, 2xSATA II, 2xE-SATA II is the only board that comes close to 6 sata ports.
    eSATA, sure. But I want a board like this one, but with Z77 instead of H77.
    Internal ports. eSATA is nigh on useless these days. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    So to apply for a couple jobs at my college yesterday, I had to go to the unemployment center, where they also handle student employee stuff, and lo and behold, guess what I found?

Ancient Dells with Intel Pentium 4s running Windows XP and CRT monitors.

It's been so long since I've had to sit in front of a CRT monitor that almost immediately I could quite literally feel the rays coming from the monitor assaulting my face.

Oh and my friend who got hired at the school had taken me there and while I filled out apps, looked up some addresses of former employers, he went on the internet on one of the computers. Suffice to say... having two browsers open and one of them having two extra tool-bars was enough to get his computer's fans raring up and making tons of noise.

Ahh, I felt like a 90s kid again. XD
    "A flower.

Ahh yes, the CRT monitor days... I remember we had one catch fire on us once. Also, you can take the kid out of the 90's, but you can't take the 90's out of the twenty-somethings who grew up in the 90's

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I guess what I meant to say was I felt like I was a kid again. ;p
    "A flower.

So you came out of there with some job apps filled out and a tan?

10+ Year Old Account
    So you came out of there with some job apps filled out and a tan?
    Hehe, thankfully I was not in front of the computer that long, but yeah, and I am really hoping to get hired, as two other officers of the computer club got hired, so they are hoping I get hired too.

I've been dreaming about what I could get to upgrade/add to my rig. :3
    "A flower.

One day I hope to have the money to get a second graphic card for my computer. Just because I can, not because I need it. Unfortunately, that day is not today :< Of course, I'd like to watercool the rig too, but that would set me back 700 euros to do it "properly" (it would also mean I couldn't use the computer for at least a week, because I've never actually done it before and I'd be scared stiff of doing something wrong and 4 pints of water drowning my computer and my desk)

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    A few systems here at work still use CRTs... :[

I want to get rid of them...

Holding freedom ransom is never a good use.
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    Since it has been quite a while since I've used a CRT, I must say, I did look at how it looked and it indeed looked a bit sharper and what-not, but still, bulky and lazers shooting at eyes. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Since it has been quite a while since I've used a CRT, I must say, I did look at how it looked and it indeed looked a bit sharper and what-not, but still, bulky and lazers shooting at eyes. lol
    electron guns, not lasers, what are they teaching kids?

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope you get cancer, Deltrus.

Edit: And electron herpes.

Hello guys, I was lurking around and couldn't decide on what new headphones + table mic to buy, I used to have headsets(gaming ones) but due to the last triple steelseries failure(I won't reccomend a single product of steelseries ever again, such bad quality ugh...) I don't know what to buy now.

Basically I had a steelseries siberia v2 and the mic broke after a year or so, maybe less, couldn't bother to use my guarantee since it was nearing my bday and decided I could always use the headphones part to listen music when around.Decided to buy a 7h usb from steelseries and boy, did I fail at that purchase hardcore.First one broke mic + right earcup in 3 months of NORMAL use.You might wonder, before a steelseries product I had a creatiev one for SIX years before it broke, and it went through and earthquake with things coming onto them before they even started to show some issues, so I do take care of my stuff.Rma'd those back and got a new pair, with mic turned downwards and it broke again mic + right cup in 1 month.Since rma costed me 50+€ I decided to bear with it and now I decided to buy a headphone separated from the mic and a table mic.

My idea here is to get a sennheiser headphone + some quality table mic but I got no good ideas, they all look the same to me and well, I never had experience.

Keep in mind, the steelseries fail costed me 140€ + 50€ of rma so my budget isn't going to be that huge unless the products are top quality, I'd say a 200€ ceiling is even too much this time but I really need some quality headphones and mic due to using them outside of my gaming habits.

I had suggested to me the hd 598 and Samson's CO1U USB Condenser Microphone, but I'm not sure due to high prices...What would you suggest me? I enjoy a lot to hear good music and could go spending some more if the headphones are REALLY reliable and good, and I do need some good quality for my mic, but I'm not much informed so, any help is nice...No more headsets and no more GAMING branded sh*t that is going to break due to poor quality please..

edit:

meh I rambled a lot and forgot, I usually only use over ear headphones if possible with leathery cuffs since the other ones tend to get dirty really quick and I don't like that too much <.<
    Last edited by Neviskio; 2012-06-08 at 01:10 AM.

Hey, stop knocking on Steelseries! Their mousepads are fantastic!
    The HD598 are fantastic. Really. Fantastic, I came from the Siberia v2 to the PC360 (Sennheiser) because of disappointment in sound quality.
    I was really impressed, despite them not being on-par with the HD598. (And now have the HD650 o/)
    If the HD598 are too expensive in your country, try to see if the HD558, HD555/HD595 are less.

If you have to find something for less, that works great without a sound card, I'd recommend you the Audio Technica ATH-M50.
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2012-06-08 at 01:11 AM.
    &nbsp;

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey, stop knocking on Steelseries! Their mousepads are fantastic!
    I am a proud owner of one of these stellar mousepads!

Eheh I wouldn't even touch a mousepad from steelseries right now, so pissed about the quality of the headsets ugh...

Hd 598 look awesome but they go in italy for 240€ or so, if you add up a semi-good-professional table mic, it goes to atleast 300€ which I could take if I'm sure that they won't break, you know, my friends make fun of my choices in terms of audio since they use "5€ mic from the chinese shop downtown" that lasts years for them, and even if it breaks, who cares it's 5€ right? But I need for my mic to have a quality atleast comparable to what most casters/commentators/professionals on youtube do have, and headphones well...I'm a hi-fidelity music addict so I use them at my pc and hi-fi system at home, so yeah, need some good things there.

I'm keeping tabs on the ones suggested, any help on the mic part? A friend of mine suggested me long ago some microphones since he's a singer in a band, but I remember they were either too pricey or not what I was looking for.AS you've understood I'm both not expert and logorroic(sp?) so keeping it short, anything that would be fit to do things SIMILAR to casting what you'd suggest? I can't go much in details but I guess audio quality required should be that one.