Thread: Mage portals..

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Mage portals..

So, I've recently started use my Mage alt again, and proceed to get whispers about portals etc all the time.. That's all fine, but almost all of them get completely rude when I turn them down (busy with something else etc).

Today I also had a guy that wanted me to portal him from Org to Undercity. Told him kindly to take the zeppelin, as it would have taken him less time then what it took to find a mage.
    Suddenly I get bombarded with l2p comments, rude insults and everything else. The guy proceeded to harass me from his alts after I ignored him..

Is it like this when playing a mage, or am I just really unlucky? =_=

10+ Year Old Account
    You were just unlucky enough to find a pleb. The idea is to not get discouraged by people who don't understand that waiting to cast portals might not be the only thing you do in the game

10+ Year Old Account
    aye, i found the best way to deal with it is simply not reply back to them at all

Deleted
    There's an easy solution. Just reply "100g".

Yeah I just started playing my Mage as my main, and I get a few wispers about ports myself, and let me tell you! You're not the only one to get flamed when you turn someone down lol

But when people flame me and all that I just /lol and have a good time. Mostly because I know how much better I am than they are :P

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i no longer reply to whisps about portals unless the person asking is someone i know (for example a friends alt) or the person is right next to me. You got unlucky enough to get the harassment. I do have my share of l2p whispers or insults because I turned down a portal petition. Once one of these persons requested a portal, when I replied "sorry im busy and I won't port you" I got insulted, my reply was simply to tell him, "you learn portals at 40 something, drop that lock and level a mage, a****le" and put him/her in ignore.

Deleted
    Okey, thanks.. I'll just try to ignore them from now on then, haha. >.>

Deleted
    Making portals is a mage's job. You shall reply each and everytime and ask no more than 10g as a fee.

Deleted
    And if you harassed, please report him.

Quote Originally Posted by Feline Grace View Post
    So, I've recently started use my Mage alt again, and proceed to get whispers about portals etc all the time.. That's all fine, but almost all of them get completely rude when I turn them down (busy with something else etc).Today I also had a guy that wanted me to portal him from Org to Undercity. Told him kindly to take the zeppelin, as it would have taken him less time then what it took to find a mage.Suddenly I get bombarded with l2p comments, rude insults and everything else. The guy proceeded to harass me from his alts after I ignored him..Is it like this when playing a mage, or am I just really unlucky? =_=
    Next time, just whisper back and say "500g please" if he asks why so much, tell him "It's 5g for the portal and 495g for my time because I have to leave the LFR queue to port you"

Works every time, they won't bother you again. And maybe you'll get lucky if they're desperate and pay you 500g
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    This is what I do people stop asking you.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

If they log alts to get around your ignore you can report them to Blizzard as doing so is against the rules. If it gets one retard out of the game for a while, why not!

OT: As others have said, charge a high price and they'll either pay it (easy gold) or stop bothering you.

10+ Year Old Account
    just dont reply to people when they ask if you're not interested

that's what i always do, i haven't even been moaned at for ignoring them

Deleted
    this comes with playing a mage, sometimes if you arent busy its nice to give the occasional portal, but it can drive you mad when people spam you, just dont even reply, dont say "no sorry", its better to act like your afk or didnt see it,

And people say Horde are so much more mature and that Alliance is full of whiny immature kids. lol. It's the same on both sides. Just felt like saying that. As for people being rude, yeah it does happen unfortunately. The best thing to do is not even reply. Just ignore them. Eventually they will just say, meh and move on. Many times people don't even reply again if you don't answer. Keeping your mouth shut works really well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    This. I had a few like this on my mage. Now usually if I'm not doing anything and it's not cheekily asked for I do them for nothing if I'm not busy, especially if they offer something, but when I'm busy that's a different matter; I have enough gold that nothing anyone could offer would make me drop queue for a stranger's convenience. I would get a few cheeky remarks from some of them until I just started quoting an extravagant price so now allI get is "You must be f---ing joking" and they leave me alone.

Deleted
    it actually made me laugh

Been playing my mage more recently... Sometimes i feel like the only mage in stormwind -.-

Deleted
    Somehow I'm almost always in queue of some sort and people calmly accept that explanation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to Mage,

If you dont wonna give a portal its better to not reply or suggest a silly amount of gold
    Pokemon X/Y Friend Code: 1762-4021-4202
    My Safari = *Currently Unknown*
    Currently looking for Eevee/Growlithe Friend Safaris
    Feel free to Add/PM me for anything Pokemon