10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    If he claims a face, he takes the eyes/mouth aswell doesn't he?
    That's probably the biggest hole in the Koh theory, but it could be some kind of illusion projected by Koh through the mask.

Even if it isn't Koh, I think the spirit world, and the spirits in general, are heavily in play. Again, I can't believe Aang is Amon, so the only way that he'd be able to channel the ability to take people's bending away would be an infusion from something massively powerful.

His line at the Equalist rally about his gift being from the spirits, though most likely designed to stir up feelings of him being a 'chosen one', does ring true in my mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakvaile View Post
    That's probably the biggest hole in the Koh theory, but it could be some kind of illusion projected by Koh through the mask.

Even if it isn't Koh, I think the spirit world, and the spirits in general, are heavily in play. Again, I can't believe Aang is Amon, so the only way that he'd be able to channel the ability to take people's bending away would be an infusion from something massively powerful.

His line at the Equalist rally about his gift being from the spirits, though most likely designed to stir up feelings of him being a 'chosen one', does ring true in my mind.
    Its either
    - advanced chi blocking
    - he DID learn it from the spirits
    - Something we totally do not see coming

He could be very spiritual, just like Iroh, and then he could connect, but I do not know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being able to take away people's bending means amon is strong with the spirits, he even says he is I'm pretty sure in the earlier episodes at least once. Anng could resist the blood bending in his spirit form, perhaps amon is as strong with the spirit world normally as anng was in avatar state, or perhaps amon is cyborg and has barely any blood :P we don't really know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Andry View Post
    >Doesn't like fans posting a hypothesis
    >Writes bad fanfiction with different hypothesis
    What
    I never said I didn't like people giving their own hypothesis. I merely stated that that hypothesis in particular was childish and didn't give the creators of the show credit as writers. I'm saying that if that particular hypothesis actually played out, then the creators of the show wouldn't be the spectacular writers that we know them as.

And be fair...did you ACTUALLY read the fic or did you read the first paragraph and think "this is rubbish"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riavan View Post
    Being able to take away people's bending means amon is strong with the spirits, he even says he is I'm pretty sure in the earlier episodes at least once. Anng could resist the blood bending in his spirit form, perhaps amon is as strong with the spirit world normally as anng was in avatar state, or perhaps amon is cyborg and has barely any blood :P we don't really know.
    As stated before, he would be so easy to metalbend, I do not think he would take that risk.
    Maybe Aang DID make a mistake in his life where something happened in the spirit world, just like Roku made the mistake of not ending the firelord then and there.
    We shall see, I did really like how decisive Aang was, not doubting, just acting, taking that bending, ending it...there....and then, I really liked i.t

10+ Year Old Account
    Amon being partially 'robotic' (I use the term loosely) is possible. Combustion Man, our favorite three-eyed bad guy from TLA, had two mechanical limbs. If Amon was as badly hurt by the fire bender that killed his parents (if that story is even true, of course) as he claims, it is possible he had some kind of artificial prosthesis added to his body. This could, potentially, make him much harder to control through bloodbending.

There have only been two cases in the history of the show where people were shown resisting bloodbending, though. The first was Katara, who was such a powerful water bender (and blood bender) that she was able to shrug off the blood bending woman from the episode that introduced the concept, literally canceling out her bending. The second was Aang, in the flashback, going full Avatar state, which nullified Yakone's abilities by virtue of sheer power.

It's hard to tell how, exactly, Amon reacted to the blood bending. It is clear it was uncomfortable for him, but after only a brief second, he was able to completely overcome it. They kept how he did this purposefully vague, but it didn't look like he was channeling any sort of ability (other than his sheer badassitude), so we'll have to wait and see.

His mastery of chi blocking could also give him some innate control over his body, able to use his own chi to cancel out the control of his blood.

Regardless, it's pretty interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by kynthrus View Post
    Amon couldn't possibly be Aang because two Avatars cannot exist at the same time. The Avatar is a single spirit, and cannot exist in two bodies at once.....

On a side note, am I the only one that was sad to see Tarrlok get taken out so early? I figured after finding out he was a blood bender, and trying to take over the city from the inside, it was leading to a very good side villain, or rather a villain that was often seen, like Azula was in the original until she became a major part of the story. Long story short, I think more could have been done with him, rather than just instantly getting rid of him.
    Blood bending got too OP too fast. Its pointless having a villain that can just go "LOL nice seeing you guys" and just walk out of the room without even trying.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Blood bending got too OP too fast. Its pointless having a villain that can just go "LOL nice seeing you guys" and just walk out of the room without even trying.
    Well, combustion man could blow shit up with his mind..... Tarrlok's character just had a lot of potential that I think the creators didn't get into due to a lack of time to tell the story, it sucks that the seasons are only 12 episodes.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Deleted
    Amon being partially 'robotic' (I use the term loosely) is possible. Combustion Man, our favorite three-eyed bad guy from TLA, had two mechanical limbs. If Amon was as badly hurt by the fire bender that killed his parents (if that story is even true, of course) as he claims, it is possible he had some kind of artificial prosthesis added to his body. This could, potentially, make him much harder to control through bloodbending.

There have only been two cases in the history of the show where people were shown resisting bloodbending, though. The first was Katara, who was such a powerful water bender (and blood bender) that she was able to shrug off the blood bending woman from the episode that introduced the concept, literally canceling out her bending. The second was Aang, in the flashback, going full Avatar state, which nullified Yakone's abilities by virtue of sheer power.

It's hard to tell how, exactly, Amon reacted to the blood bending. It is clear it was uncomfortable for him, but after only a brief second, he was able to completely overcome it. They kept how he did this purposefully vague, but it didn't look like he was channeling any sort of ability (other than his sheer badassitude), so we'll have to wait and see.

His mastery of chi blocking could also give him some innate control over his body, able to use his own chi to cancel out the control of his blood.

Regardless, it's pretty interesting.
    Katara never resisited it did she?
    Aang and Sokka we're being bend towards each other thats when she decided to use it, she did not want to, but she had to, she was not being bend herself I think.

Well, combustion man could blow shit up with his mind..... Tarrlok's character just had a lot of potential that I think the creators didn't get into due to a lack of time to tell the story, it sucks that the seasons are only 12 episodes.
    Combustion man had a charge up, and his explosions had a traveling time.

If Tarrlok was as good a bender as his father, he didnt even need to move his hands. He could bend everyone in an area pretty much instantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I do hope we get a full explanation for how he and his father were able to bloodbend without a full moon and in such a massive scale. I heard fan theories it had something to do with them being from the Northern Water Tribe, and the fact that a former Northern Water Tribe princess is now, you know, the MOON.

I do definitely agree with you that his story seemed compressed a bit...but I was really hoping to see Korra kick his ass. At this point, Amon appears to be taking care of all the 'bad guys' for her. I mean, the triad leaders, the asshole pro-bending players, Tarlok...you can't really count Lin's cops in that pile, but you know what I mean. Obviously, he's doing this to gain favor by removing clear threats before targeting 'innocent' benders, but yeah.

I get the feeling he'll be coming back sometime before the finale ends, seeing as Amon carted him off. Tarlok's story isn't done.

Deleted
    Honestly, I do hope we get a full explanation for how he and his father were able to bloodbend without a full moon and in such a massive scale. I heard fan theories it had something to do with them being from the Northern Water Tribe, and the fact that a former Northern Water Tribe princess is now, you know, the MOON.

I do definitely agree with you that his story seemed compressed a bit...but I was really hoping to see Korra kick his ass. At this point, Amon appears to be taking care of all the 'bad guys' for her. I mean, the triad leaders, the asshole pro-bending players, Tarlok...you can't really count Lin's cops in that pile, but you know what I mean. Obviously, he's doing this to gain favor by removing clear threats before targeting 'innocent' benders, but yeah.

I get the feeling he'll be coming back sometime before the finale ends, seeing as Amon carted him off. Tarlok's story isn't done.
    What I think will happen is that Korra feels somehow guilty for what happened to Tarrlok and will go after him, will rescue him and in the safety when they are back he will explain how and when.
    But Tarrloks crime will obviously not go unpunished I think.

I do definitely agree with you that his story seemed compressed a bit...
    I think that flashback had a lot of tidbits tho.

---------- Post added 2012-06-10 at 09:42 AM ----------

I'm sure something lame like 6 months of night had the skill devlope over time or some crap, or that broach that was curiously highlighted will be a clan or cult symbol that will lead to people who train/teach it.

Edit: Wouldn't it be crazy if Amon draws his power form mental energy? The more people who are focused on something that are not benders he can draw from and so on..
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2012-06-10 at 09:46 AM.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    I just noticed Yakones necklace in the flashback, might have something to do with it? Looked like some kind of moon-ish thing going on!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    She does it twice, when you mentioned, and at the start of the fight (Before Aang and Sokka arrive to "help")
    Ah ok and as for the amulet, yeah possibly.

Deleted
    Well I think Amon might be avatars second piece... somehow avatar could be split in 2 bodies- Korra with water,earth and fire bending and Amon with energy,air bending...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SunShot View Post
    Well I think Amon might be avatars second piece... somehow avatar could be split in 2 bodies- Korra with water,earth and fire bending and Amon with energy,air bending...
    Keep dreaming

I have a question about bending....every type of bending has like a special type:
    Water has Blood
    Fire has Lighting
    Earth has Metal
    but what does Air have?

Deleted
    You can look at them as extentions but I think you should view them as different kinds of bending really.
    But I think Air gets closest to being able to blow general stuff in the direction, aka you could earthbendish with air cuzz you blow rocks to them.
    Otherwise, I do not really know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Doad View Post
    I have a question about bending....every type of bending has like a special type:
    Water has Blood
    Fire has Lighting
    Earth has Metal
    but what does Air have?
    Air currently has nothing but air is the most versatile type of bending so it's kinda good all by itself.

We don't actually know what air bends specifically. In a scientific sense it might be able to do a lot more depending on what molecules it actually bends
    Last edited by Alraml; 2012-06-10 at 01:50 PM.