Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Gate of the Setting Sun Video Guide, Lorewalker Stories, Cheating in Diablo, TCG Art

Diablo 3 - Patch 1.0.2c Today, Cheating in Diablo III, RMAH Reminder, Diablo III Effective Health Pool Calculator, Blue Posts, Creative Machinima Contest

Heroic Gate of the Setting Sun Video Guide
    Gate of the Setting Sun is a level 90 heroic instance located in Dread Wastes.

Quests

Level Name Objective Money Rewards XP
    90Lighting the WayLight the Signal Flame.45 60471,000
    90That's a Big Bug!Kill Raigonn.45 60471,000

Achievements

Category Name Points
    Pandaria DungeonBomberman
    Trigger 15 explosions within 15 seconds during the Saboteur Kip'tilak encounter in Gate of the Setting Sun on Heroic Difficulty.
    Pandaria DungeonConscriptinator
    Gain three stacks of Resin Residue by defeating Mantid Conscripts in Gate of the Setting Sun on Heroic Difficulty.
    Pandaria DungeonHeroic: Gate of the Setting Sun
    Defeat Raigonn in Gate of the Setting Sun on Heroic Difficulty.

Dungeon Maps

The Lorewalker Stories
    In Mists of Pandaria there are several extra lore related achievements to go with the regular zone exploration achievements.

For example, to complete Fish Tails you must find small statues or other objects hidden around Pandaria and read the lore. Once you have found all of the objects for an achievement, Lorewalker Cho will send you mail that asks you to meet him at the Seat of Knowledge. Once there he will narrate a small story that gives you some more information about Pandaria lore.

In the video below, the Fish Tails and Ballad of Liu Lang stories are told to you.

Cheating in Diablo III
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Blizzard Entertainment has always taken cheating in any form in Blizzard games very seriously, and that's no different for Diablo® III. If a Diablo III player is found to be cheating or using hacks, bots, or modifications in any form, then as outlined in the Diablo III end user license agreement, that player can be permanently banned from the game. This means that the player will be permanently unable to log in to Battle.net® to play Diablo III with his or her account.

Playing Diablo III legitimately means playing with an unaltered game client. Doing otherwise violates our policies for Battle.net and Diablo III, and it goes against the spirit of fair play that all of our games are based on. We strongly recommend that you avoid using any hacks, cheats, bots, or exploits. Suspensions and bans of players that have used or start using cheats and hacks will begin in the near future.

Warden has been. Monitoring what's being tracked by the system is an important part of the process before banning in waves. We need to be sure the detections are accurate. It's a reminder of the rules and a promise that ban waves will commence shortly. Nothing more.

Diablo III Patch 1.0.2c
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    General
    • If the authentication service is busy, the login checkbox will now wait at "Authenticating Credentials" until a player's login attempt can be processed. As a result, players should no longer encounter Error 37 when logging in.
    • Achievements have been granted to players who previously completed their objectives, but were not correctly awarded completion credit.

Bug Fixes
    • Fixed several crashes which occurred when clicking on player-generated item links in the game client

Trading Card Game Art Update
    Blizzard has updated the Trading Card Game art gallery to feature ten new pieces

Last edited by chaud; 2012-06-12 at 03:44 PM.

Im really liking all these new heroics. The mechanics look fun.

Yay, a fullscreen button in the video embeds again!

*Doing otherwise violates our policies for Battle.net and Diablo III, and it goes against the spirit of fair play that all of our games are based on*

LMFAO, if you really wanted ur games to be fair play you'd freaking balance the classes properly . Oh and talking about fair play when you have bugs that remain unfixed throughout a whole freaking raid tier (LOLMADNESS?) even tho we keep paying every month.... the irony. blizz can eat shit for that, dont come and give us crap about fair play.

10+ Year Old Account
    incoming deletion of the entire diablo player base

---------- Post added 2012-06-12 at 04:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by seska View Post
    *Doing otherwise violates our policies for Battle.net and Diablo III, and it goes against the spirit of fair play that all of our games are based on*

LMFAO, if you really wanted ur games to be fair play you'd freaking balance the classes properly . Oh and talking about fair play when you have bugs that remain unfixed throughout a whole freaking raid tier (LOLMADNESS?) even tho we keep paying every month.... the irony. blizz can eat shit for that, dont come and give us crap about fair play.
    I don't think that's what they meant by fair play.

I don't care for the balance issues in Diablo 3 since they'll be worked out soon enough, what I'm more concerned is the damn issues with their entire server scheme. Always online DRM is bullshit, and part of me really hopes that entire design decision ruins Blizzard enough to make them learn, though I know it won't.

It is difficult to take their threats of suspension seriously given the rampant levels of cheating going unpunished in WoW.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Not at all what was being addressed, but thanks for your rage.

Deleted

and dnt forget about the bots in pvp and in uldum etc farming ores for gold blizzard say they care when all they care about is $$$ they couldnt give to shits about there customers aslong as they pay

10+ Year Old Account
    First time I see ad on a video on the front page, but can't complain since you can skip it after a few seconds. Good to see some new mechanics. And sliding down the rope

I am a bit surprised no one has said this yet but, Gate of the setting sun is not even in townlong steppes. its in dreadwaste. While its not a big deal its kinda odd it was over looked.

Quote Originally Posted by Schaapa View Post
    First time I see ad on a video on the front page, but can't complain since you can skip it after a few seconds. Good to see some new mechanics. And sliding down the rope
    What new mechanics?

Add spawns?
    Frontal cleave strike like trash in Stonecore?
    Bomb drops like the boss in Zul'Aman?
    Portion of room being covered in flames like Felmyst in Sunwell or Valiona in BoT?
    Patch of green goo left on the ground that require repositioning of boss like 2nd boss in Blood Furnace and about 100 after?
    Untankable boss that follows someone like 2nd boss in BT or one of the bosses in Ahn'Qiraj?
    Jumping on a boss to attack something on him like 1st boss in Ulduar?

Did I miss something?

And yeah, sliding down the rope looks awesome. Character performing the old "listening to the hands" animation while sliding down a rope as thick as industrial drain pipe. While being a yard away from it.

In before someone tells me it's beta. Just imagine me laughing back at you if you want to tell me that, it'll save me coming back.

Deleted
    Fair play? Every gaming company claims to be against cheating, though most of it is merely empty promises and misleading PR. If Blizzard were truly against cheating, they'd devote an entire team to rooting it out instead of only banning enough to fulfill a quota.

Honestly blizz should just implement their own purchasable bot that you pay for monthly for like 5$ and it would make life easier for them and cut down on illegal botting and people who have a few 80's wont have to do that gay ass grind to level 85/90 anymore, they could just put an hourly limit on your botting or make the bots not pickup non quest based loot to prevent AH inflation. Or even let people buy level 85 premades once you have an 85?

If the authentication service is busy, the login checkbox will now wait at "Authenticating Credentials" until a player's login attempt can be processed. As a result, players should no longer encounter Error 37 when logging in.
    gotta love that...

we're not fixing the problem we're just hiding it by not letting you see the error message while you stare at a screen for an undetermined amount of time waiting for the error...err...authentication to be completed.

So now, when you go on the forums to complain about this instead of being able to state the exact problem "error 37 msg" you will have to somehow prove that was the issue because all the fanboys will jump in the thread and tell you its your computer or isp and not blizzard's servers and to put on your tinfoil hat etc because they get in first try every time

hats off to you blizz that's brilliant, cheap, lazy and a slap in the face to loyal customers but brilliant nonetheless

Quote Originally Posted by Masternewt View Post
    What new mechanics?

Add spawns?
    Frontal cleave strike like trash in Stonecore?
    Bomb drops like the boss in Zul'Aman?
    Portion of room being covered in flames like Felmyst in Sunwell or Valiona in BoT?
    Patch of green goo left on the ground that require repositioning of boss like 2nd boss in Blood Furnace and about 100 after?
    Untankable boss that follows someone like 2nd boss in BT or one of the bosses in Ahn'Qiraj?
    Jumping on a boss to attack something on him like 1st boss in Ulduar?

Did I miss something?

And yeah, sliding down the rope looks awesome. Character performing the old "listening to the hands" animation while sliding down a rope as thick as industrial drain pipe. While being a yard away from it.

In before someone tells me it's beta. Just imagine me laughing back at you if you want to tell me that, it'll save me coming back.
    actually the bombs placed around the room.. are different than zul'amun.. i dont understand why you are so butt hurt.

if you actually played the game, the zul'amun bombs detonate after a short duration once they are summoned.
    the bombs on this fight have to be set off by a player or by other bombs (except during the 2 phases he launches out 5 bombs), also these bombs send out 4 lines of fire in straight lines, unlike the zul'amun bombs which just explode in a radious.

so please.. tell me the similarity? oh.. because they both have bombs?? please.. just stop playing games if your going to hate on something because it is similar to something else...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    so please.. tell me the similarity? oh.. because they both have bombs?? please.. just stop playing games if your going to hate on something because it is similar to something else...
    Where was that upvote button I left around here.

<snip>

Discussion or encouragement of hacks are not allowed.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2012-06-13 at 04:20 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    actually the bombs placed around the room.. are different than zul'amun.. i dont understand why you are so butt hurt.

if you actually played the game, the zul'amun bombs detonate after a short duration once they are summoned.
    the bombs on this fight have to be set off by a player or by other bombs (except during the 2 phases he launches out 5 bombs), also these bombs send out 4 lines of fire in straight lines, unlike the zul'amun bombs which just explode in a radious.

micro differences from previous implementetions are not enough to declare something entirely new. That's like a different shaped car would be declared a new revolutionary change to the industry.

When we speak about new mechanics, we mean new mechanics in all its sense. For example:

Double Jump or dashes by double tapping directions or space.
    High Low attack combination like in Tekken or other fighting games.
    Or perhaps a bar which shows you the sequence of skills you imputed and executes them in order.