Page 80 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    Who remembers Paladin's Divine Intervention? Saved a raid a corpse run by DIing a rezzer, except often the paladin would panic and DI someone who couldn't rez.
    I still miss DI. "Ok we wipe. Who has the DI. Me not. Mine is on CD. 1 minute left. Ok, sigh, we run..."

---------- Post added 2012-05-04 at 02:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    I gotta wonder, now that you mention it, if that was why it was removed. I would assume some observant souls at blizzard foresaw the troll tactic of DI'ing tanks to incite chaos.

Can you imagine how it would be now if it was still in game?
    You can do the same with HoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suikoden View Post
    I'm still stunned that some people can go years playing and still think one can't eat and drink at the same time.
    .... you can ? -.-
    haha
    well play a warrior so i don't drink mana shizzle, but still, i didn't know that ¬_¬;
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Stood in the Fire UnstoppableErasor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My Pandaren will have a drink on the OP when he is born

10+ Year Old Account
    and people would still want all this back, glad the game has improved from where it all started.

Deleted
    Just found this thread after months of forgetting about it... so much win.

10+ Year Old Account
    The OP is 10/10. Thanks for putting that together.

Wow, just found this thread and wasted my whole day. Awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    It is way too long for me to read in one session, but is extremely interesting....thanks i don't know if you've already said this one, but in tbc/wotlk you used to be able to climb up Ironforge mountain and blink into the wall. You could then slowfall through the mountain onto the buildings above the bank. This was usually used by horde to camp from the roof and send spells down to unlucky players.
    "Far left is communism, far right is Anarchy, be aware that you do not stray to far either way”
    "If we are confronted with differences in opinion, the chemicals that are released in the brain are the same ones that try to ensure our survival in dangerous situations."

Deleted
    Not so old: On WotLK Beta if you death gripped a player with CoI they would slowly fly to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentStocket View Post
    Not so old: On WotLK Beta if you death gripped a player with CoI they would slowly fly to you.
    another fun Death grip one, early in wotlk after release, if you deathgripped a player who was on the booty bay boat they would fly right across the map to a boat under Arathi highlands. it was great for griefing.

Interesting read thanks

Think you forgot one of the biggest imbalances this game ever saw: blessing of kings was 15% to all stats, ALLIANCE ONLY. And this went on for a loooong time, whole of MC and whole BWL. Horde had...windfury totem.

Here is one that wasn't on the list, back in Vanilla the Ornate Spyglass made by engineers used to be bugged where you could "climb the air". Essentially you could jump, use the spyglass which in turns freezes you in the air, cancel it, then jump again. Rinse repeat. Basically allowing you to go straight up into the air and onto out of reach places like the bank in Ironforge, which was my use for it. Oh, and gravity didn't take over again so you could just hover there if you wanted. It was hot fixed shortly after it was found out, for obvious reasons.

Deleted
    I was like halfway down the page, then my house electric goes out, i come back and lost where i was reading from , but some great interesting facts and ones i remember, oh the good old days of vanilla , brilliant times and brilliant memories.

---------- Post added 2012-06-13 at 01:53 AM ----------

heres one , Early WOTLK you had to kill Deathknights twice because they would return as a ghoul for another 2 minutes, it was considered extremely over powered

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scribzey View Post
    I was like halfway down the page, then my house electric goes out, i come back and lost where i was reading from , but some great interesting facts and ones i remember, oh the good old days of vanilla , brilliant times and brilliant memories.

---------- Post added 2012-06-13 at 01:53 AM ----------

heres one , Early WOTLK you had to kill Deathknights twice because they would return as a ghoul for another 2 minutes, it was considered extremely over powered
    I think he already has said that one I'm interested to see where the OP got most of this info from, and thanks again for all the pics/vids, very helpful
    "Far left is communism, far right is Anarchy, be aware that you do not stray to far either way”
    "If we are confronted with differences in opinion, the chemicals that are released in the brain are the same ones that try to ensure our survival in dangerous situations."

-Players in China are playing a heavily edited version of the game. Due to censorship, anything related with Death had to be removed. So Death Knights are called “Fade Knights”, with abilities such as Fade Coil, Fade and Decay, Spirit World Strike (Death Strike) etc.

This maybe is the worst nub change ever:P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    -Players in China are playing a heavily edited version of the game. Due to censorship, anything related with Death had to be removed. So Death Knights are called “Fade Knights”, with abilities such as Fade Coil, Fade and Decay, Spirit World Strike (Death Strike) etc.

This maybe is the worst nub change ever:P
    I remember the word death being replaced by something else, maybe decoy.
    This is not very old. In TBC group buffs took reagents. Example a priest buffing fortitude,shadow protection and divine spirit (with prayer of fortitude, prayer of shadow protection and divine spirit being disc talent) for whole raid took 15 Sacred candles (iirc 5 silver each). It was later changed that prayer buffs (and every other buff in game) is raid wipe and even later on reagent requirement was removed.

Deleted
    My eyes! Interesting facts though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzix View Post
    Here is one that wasn't on the list, back in Vanilla the Ornate Spyglass made by engineers used to be bugged where you could "climb the air". Essentially you could jump, use the spyglass which in turns freezes you in the air, cancel it, then jump again. Rinse repeat. Basically allowing you to go straight up into the air and onto out of reach places like the bank in Ironforge, which was my use for it. Oh, and gravity didn't take over again so you could just hover there if you wanted. It was hot fixed shortly after it was found out, for obvious reasons.
    Thanks! I had never heard of that. Pretty cool little fact.