Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    The Dota BG in particular interests me the most, they just have to get it right is all. I've always missed the old AV guards that moved throughout the BG.

Blizzard Community Manager Nakatoir just made a post over on the EU Arena and RBG forums clarifying how resilience itemization will work in Mists. It essentially confirms what I had already believed, that PVP gear will still have some resilience on it and will still be the best gear for PVP. Whats changing is the resilience gap between PVE and PVP gear is shrinking, but consequently the gap in other stats between PVE and PVP gear is shrinking as well. So while PVE players will have a fair amount of starting resilience, PVP players will do damage/healing closer to what players in PVE gear are doing, and thus will have an easier time starting raiding in PVP gear.

Here is the full quote:

Hey there all,

First off I want to clarify for you that PvE geared people will not have the same amount of resilience as PvP geared players. And this actually works both ways in regards to how this will effect PvP and PvE. Because of this change, there will be a lot more item budget dedicated to the pure stats on an item other than resilience; because while there will be resilience on PvP gear, there will be less. This means that PvP gear will be as useful for PvE, as PvE gear will be for PvP.

Do not misinterpret though, characters that are geared more for PvP (PvP gear) will have more resilience than players who are gearing for PvE (PvE gear), and visa versa for how potent a player can be in PvE encounters. This change is simply to allow those who decide they want to try out some PvP, but have none of the gear to lower the incoming damage with resilience to enter a Battleground, and not die from someone glancing in their direction.

We can assure you that it is not our intention to make it so that PvE players will dominate in PvP, and the use of legendaries in PvP will not be worsened by this change either.
    Source: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...30289?page=1#6

Personally I still believe adding base resilience is a good change, making it easier for PVE players to participate in the PVP side of the game will increase the number of players PVP'ing and increase the amount of playtime an average player devotes to PVP content. That will in turn make it more worthwhile for Blizzard to devote more development time and resources to PVP content. So really everyone wins here, PVE'ers get to better enjoy the PVP side of the game, PVP players can more easily dabble in raiding, and we will in time start getting more PVP content.
    @EldacarJS - Warcraft PVP Enthusiast, Theorycrafter, and Blizzard PVP Forum MVP

yay!! This looks interesting

There has to be something like TB or wintergrasp....
    There needs to be the PvP event to look forward to every few hours....

There has to be something like TB or wintergrasp....
    There needs to be the PvP event to look forward to every few hours....
    I dont see why, Wintergrasp and TB are just non-instanced battlegrounds that lose playability after an expansion's time in the sun. They are not a good use of developer resources imo. They are much better off working on regular battlegrounds and on designing the expansion to increase world pvp naturally though things like quest hub placement, fewer and weaker guards, new incentives, etc etc. At leas that is my opinion on the matter anyways.
    @EldacarJS - Warcraft PVP Enthusiast, Theorycrafter, and Blizzard PVP Forum MVP

Deleted
    ... pwning ppl as a panda... FTW

Quote Originally Posted by Eldacar View Post
    Blizzard Community Manager Nakatoir just made a post over on the EU Arena and RBG forums clarifying how resilience itemization will work in Mists. It essentially confirms what I had already believed, that PVP gear will still have some resilience on it and will still be the best gear for PVP. Whats changing is the resilience gap between PVE and PVP gear is shrinking, but consequently the gap in other stats between PVE and PVP gear is shrinking as well. So while PVE players will have a fair amount of starting resilience, PVP players will do damage/healing closer to what players in PVE gear are doing, and thus will have an easier time starting raiding in PVP gear.

Here is the full quote:

Source: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...30289?page=1#6

Personally I still believe adding base resilience is a good change, making it easier for PVE players to participate in the PVP side of the game will increase the number of players PVP'ing and increase the amount of playtime an average player devotes to PVP content. That will in turn make it more worthwhile for Blizzard to devote more development time and resources to PVP content. So really everyone wins here, PVE'ers get to better enjoy the PVP side of the game, PVP players can more easily dabble in raiding, and we will in time start getting more PVP content.
    Completely agree.... and also - low level bg's finally are not going to be such a fuckfest with hunters and mages 1 hitting everyone.

Hardly the best way to begin PVP if you have just started... and I do love low level pvp and leveling (I just wish it lasted longer nowadays, never get a chance to enjoy every level anymore :[)

---------- Post added 2011-11-28 at 02:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eldacar View Post
    I dont see why, Wintergrasp and TB are just non-instanced battlegrounds that lose playability after an expansion's time in the sun. They are not a good use of developer resources imo. They are much better off working on regular battlegrounds and on designing the expansion to increase world pvp naturally though things like quest hub placement, fewer and weaker guards, new incentives, etc etc. At leas that is my opinion on the matter anyways.
    I agree, again.

Instead of a BG like that, why not just have faction rep "for the alliance" and "for the horde", whereby killing enemy bosses in cities provides rep and every 4 hours (off hours from the other side) you can "join for the attack on the horde!", "join to defend the attack from the alliance!". Whereby 4 hours will be alliance attacking a random city and horde defending a random city... and every 4 hours, beginning 2 hours after the alliance attacks the horde attacks "join for the attack on the alliance!", "join to defend the attack from the horde!".

No new zones, no extra developers resources, just a simple, 80 people together to form 2 raid groups, spawn them on the outskirts of the city, provide each city with an inside graveyard for the defenders and have the attackers use the close outside graveyard - their mission?, kill the leader.

Anyone not "participating in the attack is teleported to the nearest safe village (like Razor Hill if the attack is on Orgrimmar) with the message "Orgrimmar is under Siege!", after teleporting - and any time they try to get near (including if flying).

With this in place, they can have the PVP objectives the same through every expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Deleted
    nice!! I hope the BG's go up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    Instead of a BG like that, why not just have faction rep "for the alliance" and "for the horde", whereby killing enemy bosses in cities provides rep and every 4 hours (off hours from the other side) you can "join for the attack on the horde!", "join to defend the attack from the alliance!". Whereby 4 hours will be alliance attacking a random city and horde defending a random city... and every 4 hours, beginning 2 hours after the alliance attacks the horde attacks "join for the attack on the alliance!", "join to defend the attack from the horde!".
    Love this idea. It's simple, and makes world PvP a big deal again. Yet it's also easy to avoid for the people who don't want to take part.

EDIT: If I were to amend the above suggestion however, I'd recommend the event takes place every 2.5 hours (5hrs per faction). Two reasons for this - 1) the times need to fluctuate, so that we don't get one faction's raid taking place at the peak hour and the other faction always having to wait until a couple hours later in the evening, and 2) we will probably need a bit more downtime between raids, particularly ones that were hard fought over a long time.
    Last edited by ArcticBlade; 2011-12-28 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    Completely agree.... and also - low level bg's finally are not going to be such a fuckfest with hunters and mages 1 hitting everyone.

Hardly the best way to begin PVP if you have just started... and I do love low level pvp and leveling (I just wish it lasted longer nowadays, never get a chance to enjoy every level anymore :[)
    I second that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bllets View Post
    Vanilla was the worst period for PvP ever, there is not a single expansion released or announced that will even get close to the failure and hellhole that was pvp in Vanilla. (IMO, etc. ofc.) - There are things that one does miss because it was back then, but i rather have cata pvp for a lifetime then vanilla pvp for a week.
    I would love my title to transfer to my main. The moment that I can do that, the old char is getting deleted. The only reason one of my character slots is filled is because of that silly vanilla title. I kind of miss the vanilla pvp playstyle as a destro lock. I dont remember too many of us.
    i hate people
    Quote Originally Posted by Epiphanes View Post
    It's a game. It's not real life nor will it ever be. If you want true recognition for being good at something, go play a sport and send us a link to a live stream of you winning the Gold at the next World Olympics. Until then, shut the f*ck up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine if they added a Caverns of Time like BG like Southshore or Crossroads, i think they had a really good opportunity to do this in cata with the Gilneas bg where the horde would all be undead invading gilneas and the alliance would be worgen with some other cool aspect added into it.
    OT: MoP looks really promising for world pvp, I can't wait for it.

Deleted
    Just check the new rogue abilities and talents for MoP ..compare with other for example with priest and palas and u gonna see they gonna rape everything in no time with 0 chance to dmg them. The game gonna be more unbalanced for pvp then it is now. Wow gonna die in MoP cause they gonna focus on world pvp as they said at Blizz and all except mages, rogues and dks gonna be soo upset and angry they will stop playing with wow.
    The only reason i still pay for it thats the free diablo... nothing else

R.I.P wow

Deleted
    personally, I can't wait for MoP.
    I find it rather stupid people are calling those Panda's childish.
    What ? playing a gnome is not childish then?
    Btw I personally love the setting here, nice woods, good looking zones.
    No darkness, scourge, undead and overexaturated evil and stuff like in wotlk sounds great !

I think one of the things a lot of people have missed about baseline resilience is that it will make low level pvp tolerable again.

The new tol'vir arena looks good, though I would rather have a new arena based on MoP content rather than an old cataclysm one, good to see they are staying simple though.

The only bg that appeals to me however is the Black Garden copycat. The other two seem overly complicated and will most likely end up like SoTA.

I also think that despite their attempts to encourage world pvp, its going to end up failing pretty badly. World pvp is pretty much part of an attitude of the server population. Either you have cutthroat factions warring against each other, or you have a meh pvp server that has a few gankers that no one likes.

Deleted
    MoP is going to be great can't wait

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    I am perfectly okay with this.
    I second this.

I woud love it if they just made a mode like in the arena pass. you chose items from a pool everyone has equal ilevel and you can just play without overgeard undergeard players and if you die you dont blame the equip and if you win you are just proud of your skills. Maybe thats why i cant wait for Gw2 to appear.

Eldacar you should extend this to class info or maybe MoP Discussion because....

All these "what should I play in MoP" or "How will X/Y/Z comp fair in MoP" threads are killing me.

Quote Originally Posted by chaos405 View Post
    I woud love it if they just made a mode like in the arena pass. you chose items from a pool everyone has equal ilevel and you can just play without overgeard undergeard players and if you die you dont blame the equip and if you win you are just proud of your skills. Maybe thats why i cant wait for Gw2 to appear.
    i would sub to that game.