Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

How much do you value yourself? Knife or Slide

How much do you value yourself?

Here is a scenario, a man walks in front of you with a screen in the knife, you are strapped to a chair and either say slide or knife, when you say slide all the people on the screen you see die, if you say knife you die and nothing will happen to the people on the screens. In the situation you do not know how many slides there are, there may only be one, there may be many, at the point in time you don't know so answer the 'screens' as if you were thinking you would live if you said slide.

1.One of your enemies - Knife or Slide?
    2.Multiple of your enemies - Knife or Slide?
    3.A random innocent (you do not recognize) - Knife or Slide?
    4.A large group of random innocents - Knife or Slide?
    5.A person who you recognize (met before, and don't dislike) - Knife or Slide?
    6.A large crowd people you recognize - Knife or Slide?
    7.A friend - Knife or Slide?
    8.A large group of your friends - Knife or Slide?
    9.A close friend, loved one, or family member - Knife or Slide?
    10.A large amount of your close friends, loved ones, or family members - Knife or Slide?
    11.A large group of all the above combined totaling to an uncountable number but all the recognizable faces can be seen clearly. (excludes enemies) - Knife or Slide?

This is mainly to see how much people value themselves compared to others.

Hopefully I fully understand you...

1.One of your enemies - Slide
    2.Multiple of your enemies - Slide
    3.A random innocent (you do not recognize) - Slide
    4.A large group of random innocents - Knife
    5.A person who you recognize (met before, and don't dislike) - Knife
    6.A large crowd people you recognize - Knife
    7.A friend - Knife
    8.A large group of your friends - Knife
    9.A close friend, loved one, or family member - Knife
    10.A large amount of your close friends, loved ones, or family members - Knife
    11.A large group of all the above combined totaling to an uncountable number but all the recognizable faces can be seen clearly. (excludes enemies) - Knife

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    Hopefully I fully understand you...

7.A friend - Knife
    11.A large group of all the above combined totaling to an uncountable number but all the recognizable faces can be seen clearly. (excludes enemies) - Knife
    Yup that is a good example of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Slide em all. I will pass my superior genes down being that they died and I didn't making me superior.

I know plenty of vile men who deserve punishment for their crimes but killing them is certainly not the answer. And if they don't deserve to die than I can't say that any of the other options deserve to either.

Call me crazy but it would be "knife" in all situations. Unless it was a slow painful death. I can't tell you how I would react then.

Personally I plan on joining the police soon with 3 theres two sides to it for me, Assuming both of us are in no danger and one of us had to die ofcourse i'd want to save myself but if the random innocent was in danger then i would (Knife) and try save them.

Is this for anything or is it just for fun to see peoples views?

I would knife 1 and 2 but I strongly believe in karma and eye for an eye, IF their my enemy they've commited a disgusting crime/act. So in my eyes it's keeping others safe ideally they would be sent to prison tho.
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-06-14 at 05:19 AM.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Assuming your own picture can never be shown, Slide them all. Look out for number 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    3.A random innocent (you do not recognize) -Slide
    4.A large group of random innocents - Slide
    5.A person who you recognize (met before, and don't dislike) - Slide
    6.A large crowd people you recognize - Slide
    7.A friend - Slide
    9.A close friend, loved one, or family member - Slide
    11.A large group of all the above combined totaling to an uncountable number but all the recognizable faces can be seen clearly. (excludes enemies) -Knife

Sig by the amazing Shyama! <Ascension 16/16 H 25man oceanic>

10+ Year Old Account
    3.A random innocent (you do not recognize) -Slide
    4.A large group of random innocents - Slide
    5.A person who you recognize (met before, and don't dislike) - Slide
    6.A large crowd people you recognize - Slide
    7.A friend - Slide
    8.A large group of your friends - Slide
    9.A close friend, loved one, or family member - Slide/Knife - depending on who it is
    11.A large group of all the above combined totaling to an uncountable number but all the recognizable faces can be seen clearly. (excludes enemies) -Knife
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    Slide with the enemy, knife on the rest. As an entity I'm not worth much and I'll never amount to anything that matters a great deal, to die saving someone else is fine by me, better than rotting away in my old age somewhere.

1.One of your enemies - Slide?
    2.Multiple of your enemies - Slide?
    3.A random innocent (you do not recognize) - Slide?
    5.A person who you recognize (met before, and don't dislike) - Slide?
    7.A friend - Knife

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd give my life for anybody I know. I wouldn't want to keep living knowing I was the cause of death for somebody i know.

15+ Year Old Account
    knife times 11
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    7.A friend - Knife
    Exactly what this guy/lady said, though 5 is a close call.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

What is with the ten gazillion moral dilemma posts in the last few days, has a new movie or documentary come out in the states about this topic or something?

Deleted
    If you can come up with this weird crap, I wonder what else goes on in your head.
    Though honestly, I don't think I want to know. Just stay away from me. And my loved ones.

Fuck everyone I'd slide every time

I guess simply staying silent is not an option and would work against the idea of the 'test'? Because that's what I would do, I would not say a thing.

But if I had to pick.. 9. Knife, everything else, slide.

---------- Post added 2012-06-14 at 12:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    I'd give my life for anybody I know. I wouldn't want to keep living knowing I was the cause of death for somebody i know.
    That's just it though, you're not the cause. The guy making you choose is the cause. Even if I let everything slide, I would not blame myself for a single second, I'd blame the mass murderer in front of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    What is with the ten gazillion moral dilemma posts in the last few days, has a new movie or documentary come out in the states about this topic or something?
    And all the threads are (or at least most of them are) stupid hypothetical situations that would never happen in real life to anybody which truly makes them pointless. Doubt you'd get many serious or truthful answers from people just sitting at their computer, casually browsing the net. I fail to see how people can feel compelled to answer such a ridiculous question.

Deleted
    Slide for all.