Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Check with the bank. Can I keep it? If yes then move it to savings (presuming there's no current emergency requiring money).
    If it's legit, and you get it in writing? Withdraw it.

In cash.

Then I'd pay off any outstanding debts I have (about $3,000 all told), take another $2,000 as basically an extra month of pay (put it into a sock, basically), and give the remaining $5,000 to family.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

A much needed vacation from which I may never return.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1540549.html

This is what will happened if you DO spend it.

Deleted
    What I hear, the fines you might get for spending the money will be smaller than the how much money you mistakenly were deposited. At least that's how it's gone here in cases like this.

So go ahead and spend it.

1. Not touch the money
    2. Make a plan to not get caught
    3. ???
    4. Profit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezx View Post

I would have let him get away with it. He bought a golden retriever and they are just so cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Abrasion View Post
    If it was put there in error it's not your money.
    Which I said it's understandable for them to remove it if it was put there in error. But charge you fees and say you're breaking the law? Horsecrap.

Get it in writing from the bank that you are good and it wasn't a mistake. If it was a check there is no reason you can't get a picture/printout of the check to see who its from.

If you have that, you can do whatever you want with it. I'm not currently carrying any debt but 5K is a nice down payment on a new car.

Take and spend them.

Hang on to it for a long time.

I have heard of several instances of things like this over the years and they all ended with the person having to give the money back...

Get a Canon 5d mk III asap!
    the rest is gonna be pocket change !

Deleted
    If I could verify that the person who deposited the money actually wanted me to have the money and didn't just make an error then I'd probably try to make some wise small-scale investment.

And by that I mean something like a downpayment on a small house or a condo.

Plan B would be to spend on a few months in some warm and cheap country.

Donate to the local Animal Shelter. The bucks are not mine, and I don't want to have stuff I haven't worked for - that's kind of my life motto and I'm gonna hold on to it.

Deleted
    Find out, who the money is from :-)

Contact the person!

I'd check to see if it was legitimate or not, and make sure I was able to spend it. I'd probably call up my cousin who is a stock broker and have them help me invest it. That, or go on a nice vacation.

Deleted
    Wire it to a Swiss bank account.
    Since, you know, it will be disputed sooner or later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Hm. Well as the bank has said the 10k is definitely mine, absolutely positively, no doubt about it... I'd upgrade my pc, book and pay for a nice holiday for myself and my partner and chuck the remainder into savings.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    Hm. Well as the bank has said the 10k is definitely mine, absolutely positively, no doubt about it... I'd upgrade my pc, book and pay for a nice holiday for myself and my partner and chuck the remainder into savings.
    You'd upgrade your book?

---------- Post added 2012-06-15 at 03:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dezx View Post

I wonder if the charges could stick if he had contacted Wells Fargo and gotten, in writing, them saying there wasn't an error.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Probally just keep my life going the way it is and try to forget about it so i dont blow it all on "free2Play" games.

Deleted
    Add it to the rest of my savings. I don't really have anything to spend my money on anyways and each month I save up more money.