10+ Year Old Account

What a gesture. :') Got me all misty. Bavis and Bailey were part of the Kings scouting staff when their plane was hijacked on 9/11 when they were heading back to Los Angeles.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Flames just hired one of the guys who provided one of the greatest moments of my life so far, Martin Gelinas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjD0K...eature=related (overly happy radio announcer @ the end)

10+ Year Old Account
    Ainders Lindback traded to the Lightning for 2 second round pick, third round pick and Sebastion Caron. Surprised Yzerman went for Lindback and not Bernier/Markstrom/Elliot. Guess the asking price for those three were too high, Lindback has a lot of upside and could be great, but could bust.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Lindbäck and Markström are childhood friends.
    They grew up together and split icetime in their Swedish Elite League-team. I'd love to see them pick up Markström as well and do it again
    But he's a great goalie that will have great potential and will show it next/the year after.
    Just got "stuck" behind a world-class goalie. But I'm sure he've learned a lot from watching Rinne play.
    (or maybe I'm just kidding myself on account of only seeing him when he was the better goalie, or my Swe-heart talking)

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Lindback will be fine, his only issue, he plays for the worst defensive team in the league. Just don't want to see the next Steve Mason on our hands.

As for Markstrom, I'd have to assume Florida finally gives the guy some time in the NHL, Jose is gonna be retiring soonish, probably 2 more seasons making Markstrom 24 and perfect to take over the reigns. Assuming Calgary will be doing the same with Irving... or they'll trade him for more bandage players... Probably the latter.
    Last edited by Irony; 2012-06-16 at 06:51 AM.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Deleted
    Good luck, Lindy. I'm glad he's getting a chance to prove himself. Great goalie, but unfortunately for him I didn't see him beating out Rinne any time in the foreseeable future. I think he made the right move for his career, but I'm gonna miss him anyway.

That said: With the Lightning now having acquired a good starter goalie - what will be happening to Luongo? I always pictured the Bolts would make a move for him...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    I think Lindback will be fine, his only issue, he plays for the worst defensive team in the league. Just don't want to see the next Steve Mason on our hands.

As for Markstrom, I'd have to assume Florida finally gives the guy some time in the NHL, Jose is gonna be retiring soonish, probably 2 more seasons making Markstrom 24 and perfect to take over the reigns. Assuming Calgary will be doing the same with Irving... or they'll trade him for more bandage players... Probably the latter.
    I like how whenever you mention Calgary, it's always talking about how they're just bandaging the team together. There's no reason the Flames would even trade him and saying they would is just idiotic considering the circumstances of the team. I agree to a certain extent that the team is bandaged but if you actually knew anything about the Flames you'd know that the ownership doesn't want to do a full rebuild like Edmonton or Chicago did. Calgary honestly isn't even that far from being a strong playoff contender. A solid center to play with Jarome Inginla for ONCE in his career would work miracles. The addition of a top 6 forward along with that would make the team so much better. Consistency out of a couple key players would make a huge difference. On top of all this, draft picks have been horrendous for the Flames. Daryl Sutter kinda screwing the team over with a couple shitty trades and signings + the scouting staff doesn't seem great. Sven Baerschi seems to be the real deal and if he is he would be the first good draft pick the Flames have had in ages. Olli Jokinen's stock is sky high right now after the season he just had, if they had traded him at the deadline for some draft picks, it would have been an amazing move. Doubt he'll get close to 50 points this upcoming season.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the thing with Calgary, you're always a couple players away. For 6 years you've been a couple players away, and time is running out. Iginla, Kipper, Jokinen, Tangauy, Boumester, Cammalari, and Glencross. That's 7 tier 1 - tier 3 players, the issue? Their average age is just under 32. This off-season there really aren't any quality centers other than Jokinen and even the top 6 forwards are limited to Parise, Hudler, Boyes, Kostitsyn and Semin, if you want someone youngish.

I was joking about the Irving thing, Feaster wouldn't consider it unless he was handed JVR on a silver platter. I feel bad for Feaster, handed a team with a gap in skill the size of Utah and those skilled players mostly 30+.
    Last edited by Irony; 2012-06-16 at 03:09 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Phaneuf deal and signing of Matt Stajan really fucked the team over. He was supposed to be our 2nd line sort of young talent. Not expecting him to score huge goals, but now he's scoring half of what he did in TO. They were trying to groom Mikael Backlund as our first line center but he's just not good enough. At the time I think Hagman was like 29 or 30 and expected to provide secondary scoring after he had 3 straight 20 goal seasons. Comes to Calgary and struggles to crack the lineup. Ian White rounded out the defense and wasn't too bad but really didn't notice him at all. Jamal Mayers was expected to leave, seems to be a career 4th liner which is something we actually have too many of lol. Accompanying all of this, our draft picks have been god awful. David Moss is really the only pick playing in the lineup since 2000 and he really hasn't done much besides be injured and play 3rd line. We actually drafted Travis Moen and Brandon Prust, which would have made the team much better if they were in Calgary uniform today. Our last 3 1st round picks have all been busts, Tim Erixon (Playing in the Rangers farm), Greg Nemisz (regular call up, hasn't really done anything) and Mikael Backlund (injured quite a bit and hasn't lived up to any potential).

If half these people would have worked out, I think we'd be talking about a different, successful Flames team today.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Flames team of two seasons is about half the Leafs team of old. But looking at where former Leafs ended up, they were all better in Toronto then they were after they got traded. Poni was the only one worth a shit but he didn't have the skill set to make it on the current Leafs roster. That said, as a Leafs fan I have no clue what is going to happen to the team come draft day, but hopefully Burke pulls something out of his hat and also goes after some free agents. I don't think he will go after Parise, since a winger is not something the team needs, though I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to weasel Getzlaf out of Anaheim, especially if they are going to go into rebuilding mode which it looks like to me after the shitty season they had. I am still not going to say we won the Phaneuf deal though, since he has yet to prove anything. We know that Calgary got the shit end of the stick, and it's worse then it should be but so far Phaneuf has yet to achieve anything in Toronto.

10+ Year Old Account
    Getzlaf's hair is gone, and with it his ability to score, look elsewhere I say

15+ Year Old Account
    Alex Radulov is heading back to the KHL. The decision is supposedly influenced by the potential NHL lockout, but is likely more caused by Radulov being more interested in dominating lesser competition than being simply okay in the NHL where he will make less money.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ugh. I just had a sudden urge to check my box for what hockey games are on tonight

10+ Year Old Account
    You're in for a long summer, Fuzzzie

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    You're in for a long summer, Fuzzzie
    IKR

I mean... there's the Olympics, but I only follow a few of the sports. I just complained a few weeks back that the season was too long but I've been thinking about watching a game or two lately.

Is there a place (besides NHL.com premium) that I can watch classic games? I'd love to actually watch some classic Gretzky games from the 80's even. Maybe I should watch a documentary too. Any ideas?

10+ Year Old Account
    Could watch Espn's 30 for 30 on Wayne Gretsky's trade to La. Kind of interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    IKR

I mean... there's the Olympics, but I only follow a few of the sports. I just complained a few weeks back that the season was too long but I've been thinking about watching a game or two lately.

Is there a place (besides NHL.com premium) that I can watch classic games? I'd love to actually watch some classic Gretzky games from the 80's even. Maybe I should watch a documentary too. Any ideas?
    Every so often (I think on Leafs TV) I come across a game from way back when. A couple years ago I saw one back from sometime around the 60's I think, between Leafs/Rangers in black and white without names on their jerseys.

There maybe some games available on youtube. Not really sure but I did stumble across the Flyers/Rangers entire winter classic on there a few weeks ago.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthvendor View Post
    There maybe some games available on youtube. Not really sure but I did stumble across the Flyers/Rangers entire winter classic on there a few weeks ago.
    The thought of watching a Flyers Rangers series brought bile to my throat. I'm gonna have to do better here.

I didnt say to watch that game. I said it's on youtube so there might be others.