Thread: Bwe3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Im waiting patiently for a release date. I am looking forward to this game more-so than any other game at all. I just wish in the next BWE they will give me ASURA dangit!!!

Deleted
    Sorry if I seem massively impatient but I really want the game now and I am slightly pissed off at Arenanet for teasing me for 3 years about the game. Saw the first trailer 3 years ago and was buzzing ever since for this game to come out but it seems as if it will never be released. Saw the first game play footage in 2010 and it looked exactly like the beta events which massively annoyed me. Why? Because in 2 years the game that I saw seems to be the same. Obvious bugs removed but what has actually happened in 2 years? Which then makes me wonder if there will be a summer release which I hope massively for (I hate the people that say "September release probably" you guys are ANNOYING) and it seems like it should be valid as I would assume those 2 years were used for the majority of bug clearance, producing all of the items included in collector's edition for the thousands that would buy it. It would only seem logical. But I wonder if anyone could tell me how much notice must retailers etc be given and the public before a game is released? Does it have to be a couple of months or any time? How long would it take for Arenanet to produce all of the discs once the game is complete... which then makes me think December making me feel unhappy inside. Also apparently the book trilogy starting from ghosts of Ascalon is supposed to be to bridge the gap and the last book may not be released until 2013 at the earliest December 2012. Also making me think December release. But I pray to the heavens for a July release. Don't judge.

Assuming the BWE2 key contests were only valid for BWE2, they'll need to release a whole new batch of keys for BWE3 so expect two weeks notice at least to allow for that.

Quote Originally Posted by MMOjordan View Post
    :Snip:
    Bug clearance for two years is very far fetched, as in not logical in the slightest. Preparing a very very small portion of the game to show off their vision years prior to launch makes more sense. You think the guys predicting a September release are annoying? It is getting more likely that the release date will be even farther down the line than that. On these forums, most say that about a month is needed between announcing the release date and the actual release date. BWE3 is already planned for July, and Anet has no intentions of announcing a date prior to it, since they aren't entirely sure themselves, so August is the absolute earliest release month. 2013 is out of the question. 2012 has been assured. According to some recent evidence, GW2 will release during or before November. There are still 2-5 months of waiting to do, so it is almost time. Just be patient a bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Assuming the BWE2 key contests were only valid for BWE2, they'll need to release a whole new batch of keys for BWE3 so expect two weeks notice at least to allow for that.
    Did they give a two weeks notice for the last two betas? Memory is a bit foggy, but I don't believe so.
    Last edited by Gisei; 2012-06-16 at 12:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't judge.
    Even after all the mindless ranting, you made me laugh. Not with you, mind you.

As for that, you (any of you ranters) can wait patiently like the rest of us have for awhile now.

Sept-Nov would be my best bet, but meh. I have my husband, family, puppy, and life to keep me occupied.
    Last edited by Blufossa; 2012-06-16 at 12:18 PM. Reason: It's too damn early in the morning!

Sorry if I seem massively impatient but I really want the game now and I am slightly pissed off at Arenanet for teasing me for 3 years about the game. Saw the first trailer 3 years ago and was buzzing ever since for this game to come out but it seems as if it will never be released. Saw the first game play footage in 2010 and it looked exactly like the beta events which massively annoyed me. Why? Because in 2 years the game that I saw seems to be the same. Obvious bugs removed but what has actually happened in 2 years? Which then makes me wonder if there will be a summer release which I hope massively for (I hate the people that say "September release probably" you guys are ANNOYING) and it seems like it should be valid as I would assume those 2 years were used for the majority of bug clearance, producing all of the items included in collector's edition for the thousands that would buy it. It would only seem logical. But I wonder if anyone could tell me how much notice must retailers etc be given and the public before a game is released? Does it have to be a couple of months or any time? How long would it take for Arenanet to produce all of the discs once the game is complete... which then makes me think December making me feel unhappy inside. Also apparently the book trilogy starting from ghosts of Ascalon is supposed to be to bridge the gap and the last book may not be released until 2013 at the earliest December 2012. Also making me think December release. But I pray to the heavens for a July release. Don't judge.
    hehe...../hug.
    What we saw back then was a very few kinda polished areas. They've...that word they love to use...iterated.....constantly since then...making tweaks and sweeping changes alike.
    I think if Anet had a digital recycle bin for all of the GW2 stuff they'd chucked...heavens, it's be in the hundreds of gigs. That's pretty much what they've been doing, developing optimizing and making it better.
    It would take around 3-4 weeks for Anet to get the final product out.

i would think the release date would be set around september/october somewere.

Quote Originally Posted by Vewen View Post
    At least another month in my opinion. I think it will take a week just to filter through all the feedback of all the classes. And some classes need some serious work(like engineer for example). Anything less than more than a month is just unrealistically optimistic.
    yeah from what i hear theives need alot of reworking too, can't take a hit but they give you more endurance however you cant evade and attack at the same time so the target lives and you're still squishy lol

ranger pets need alot of work aswell, i doubt we will see a release before october sadly

In case you guys didn't notice, there is a fairly good sized set of files updated since the last Beta Weekend. Thousands of files updated. May want to patch so you are ready. I usually check every once in awhile.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prepared View Post
    In case you guys didn't notice, there is a fairly good sized set of files updated since the last Beta Weekend. Thousands of files updated. May want to patch so you are ready. I usually check every once in awhile.
    I think you mean the 12.000 file update, and i think most people around here already dl it people around here are crazy fast when it comes to news and updates

Considering the size of this thing I'm wondering if they pushed assets for a new zone or two to the client. the two new battlegrounds perhaps? Was around 590MB worth of files.

edit acording to GW2 status they updated at least 5 times since the end of BWE2. http://gw2status.com/version_history
    Last edited by Merendel; 2012-06-19 at 12:44 AM.

Who is John Galt?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    Considering the size of this thing I'm wondering if they pushed assets for a new zone or two to the client. the two new battlegrounds perhaps? Was around 590MB worth of files.

edit acording to GW2 status they updated at least 5 times since the end of BWE2. http://gw2status.com/version_history
    WHAT!? Tell me! TELL ME NOW!

It'll happen when it happens. As for a release date, I hope they wait until blizzard announces MoP and throw it out 2 weeks before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

How about a release date instead, hmm?

Quote Originally Posted by Anet@Twitter
    We haven't given anyone a launch date. Any date is speculation. When there is a date, you'll here it directly from us. ~RB2
    can't stress this enough, there is really nothing we can do to make them give us a release-date any sooner. We've waited for this long (most of us), those last 195 days to the end of the year (max.) are nothing compared to the time we were waiting up until now. I think the earliest they can tell us about release is after the next beta-weekend. They already said that these BWE make the date.