Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well, since you're gearing tank like a Monk, and have pretty good DPS for a Monk at that point, you could try some Life on Hit. My Monk (just started Act3) only has 14k dps in his typical gear and can heal up from Belial's snakes pretty easily. With 1000 resist I can take meteors no problem too.

Or you could do it the DPS route, like most DHs. Mine had 40k (90k with Sharpshooter) DPS when I killed him, which was enough for the rest of Inferno too. Star Emerald socketed 2h xbow, extra disc, whatever dex, attack speed, crit, and crit damage I could find on the cheap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stankin View Post
    instead of tentacles i use impale with overpen. doesnt make sense to me to use a move that heals u when u cant survive a single hit
    Nether tentacles have NOTHING to do with the heal.
    Each shot hits the boss 3 times for 155% EACH, that means you do 465% weapon damage with ONE shot.

Nether tentacles hit a regular mob on average 2 times and 3 times if the mob has a big hitbox.
    Nether tentacles is by far the best hatred spender in your arsenal...... USE IT.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stankin View Post
    instead of tentacles i use impale with overpen. doesnt make sense to me to use a move that heals u when u cant survive a single hit
    The healing has nothing to do with tentacles being OP, especially on Belial. They are slow so you get more use from SS, the hatred:damage ratio is the best bar none, and the way they work, 1 tentacle shot can hit Belial up to 3-4 times. Also they AOE adds. As a DH there is no question as to wether or not to use Nether Tentacles, they are simply OP.

I use

LMB - Marked for death, with mortal enemy
    RMB - Elemental Arrow w nether tentacles
    1 - Smokescreen with lingering fog
    2 - Preparation with the heal rune
    3 - Caltrops with torturous ground
    4 - Bat companion

Archery, Steady aim, Sharpshooter

110k dps with all buffs up. 16k life

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    The healing has nothing to do with tentacles being OP, especially on Belial. They are slow so you get more use from SS, the hatred:damage ratio is the best bar none, and the way they work, 1 tentacle shot can hit Belial up to 3-4 times. Also they AOE adds. As a DH there is no question as to wether or not to use Nether Tentacles, they are simply OP.

I use

LMB - Marked for death, with mortal enemy
    RMB - Elemental Arrow w nether tentacles
    1 - Smokescreen with lingering fog
    2 - Preparation with the heal rune
    3 - Caltrops with torturous ground
    4 - Bat companion

Archery, Steady aim, Sharpshooter

110k dps with all buffs up. 16k life
    Same setup however I use Mark of death+ Mortal enemy
    191k DPS with SS / Buffs up ~ Enchantress Aura

From A2 onward, DH just stack as much dmg and dex as high as possible and ignore hp and resist. Survive by using smoke screen, and just pray that you'll dodge in between smoke screen cooldown.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Alcatraz- View Post
    Same setup however I use Mark of death+ Mortal enemy
    191k DPS with SS / Buffs up ~ Enchantress Aura
    Check my LMB

i one shot him with 8k dps ... but i am a bard with 600~700 resist 60k hp and over 9k armor. avoiding his attacks in last phase is easy if you focus.

I just killed him last night. 40kish DPS, 100k+ w/Sharpshooter. Essential skills for me were Caltrops (Torturous Ground), NT, SS (Lingering Fog), Rain of Vengeance (Stampede), and Prep (Backup Plan).

Basically I stacked tons of Vit gear on the Templar so he wouldn't be 100% useless and he made a decent meat shield through phase 1 and 2. Caltrops/SS through the snake adds on Phase 1. Phase 2, you need enough DPS to blast through Belial quickly so he only has time to spawn one set of adds. Stampede to knock back adds while you blast through that last bit of HP on Belial and he spawns to Phase 3. It gets pretty easy at Phase 3 as you basically just SS through all damage that seems unavoidable and NT blast his ass down.

It'll take a bit of practice and a bit of RNG luck with SS/Preparation (if Prep doesn't spawn a cooldown in Phase 2, you're pretty golden. If it does, you're likely dead). But after 30 mins of tweaking the technique, he died pretty easy.

Deleted
    Just a little question about Elemental Arrow as I am nearing Belial myself soon aswell.

If you dont care about the Life Steal on Nether Tentacles, isnt Ball Lightning way better since it has about twice the range of Nether Tentacles? (I played around with both of them and BL has a very much noticeable wider range)

15+ Year Old Account
    Killed him with 26k DPS and none of the aforementioned mandatory abilities...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDYF2VEOQaA
    deal with it

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuuki View Post
    Just a little question about Elemental Arrow as I am nearing Belial myself soon aswell.

If you dont care about the Life Steal on Nether Tentacles, isnt Ball Lightning way better since it has about twice the range of Nether Tentacles? (I played around with both of them and BL has a very much noticeable wider range)
    Nada It has MUCH less damage check it out and compare the two, Like 1/2 of nether tentacle pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by mandus View Post
    i one shot him with 8k dps ... but i am a bard with 600~700 resist 60k hp and over 9k armor. avoiding his attacks in last phase is easy if you focus.
    So you're saying he has 8,000 hitpoints? And a bard? I think you mean barbarian, something about you seems fishy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celidion View Post
    I personally suggest Bat Companion over either MoD or Caltrops, it's Hatred Regen is ridiculous.
    You can give MoD a rune that generates hatred that does just as good (may depend on your attack speed) plus the extra 12% dmg.

And yeah 19k is pretty low for Belial.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    You can give MoD a rune that generates hatred that does just as good (may depend on your attack speed) plus the extra 12% dmg.

And yeah 19k is pretty low for Belial.
    You technically have an infinite hate upon the final phae of belial because Nether tentacle is hitting 4-5 times generating so much hatred with MoD + ME

Hence It's ''broken'' in an amazingly way same with azmodan

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Need spec and good advice.

19.3 kdps with dual wielded xbow and no dps passive.

I have a decent shield, so I could try that.

Around 500+ resist, don't get one shot, but plenty of damned shots.
    Your DPS is extremely low for Inferno. 19k? You should be at least 30 without sharpshooter. I think you are dumping way too much damage for your resists and such. I personally have 33k and I'm still at the beginning of Act 2 Inferno and I feel it's low.

Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric View Post
    So you're saying he has 8,000 hitpoints? And a bard? I think you mean barbarian, something about you seems fishy.
    One Shot means he did it on his first try.

miss typed barb, i did it with 8k damage on my gear , not saying he had 8k hp i dont know where did u bring that from.

10+ Year Old Account
    miss typed barb, i did it with 8k damage on my gear , not saying he had 8k hp i dont know where did u bring that from.
    The DPS requirements for a Barb vs a DH are VERY different, check the OP next time a bit closer. You need enough DPS to kill the snakes timely or you just run out of disc for SS or Caltrops and get overwhelmed/surrounded and eventually smacked and die. This is very difficult to do with < 20k DPS for sure and why OP is struggling.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortisia View Post
    Killed him with 26k DPS and none of the aforementioned mandatory abilities...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDYF2VEOQaA
    deal with it
    Well, I don't think anyone said any particular ability was mandatory, no need to be a dick cause we're trying to help him dps harder. But, nonetheless your kill might be a good guide for him to kill it with terrible dps.

So, watch it OP. But if you use Nether Tentacles instead of Spike Traps as your phase3 hatred spender, it will go about 10x quicker.

Deleted
    You said you "one shot" Belial. "Oneshotting" in games generally means just that; one shot, one kill, as in your barbarian hit Belial once and Belial died. Hence, if your barbarian had 8K DPS, Belial would've had similar health. You used the term to state that you killed Belial on your first try, which is where the confusion arose from, albeit "oneshotting" has been used similarly before.

As for killing Belial with 8K DPS on a barbarian, that's not too shabby, seeing as though you yourself most likely get "twoshot" by his punches even with those stats. How many bombardments did he do? Must've done at least two, if not three. Anyway, well done with those stats.