I was always wondering where I'd put my HDD if I removed the drive bays. I think I've figured how to deal with it now. Think I might strip down the Raven case's interior (HDD and optical drive bay) when I get back home and begin modding it, adding a 360 rad grill in the midplate separating top and bottom compartment, then install a Scythe Himuro to install my normal HDD in in the bottom, and just tape the SSD to somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spraypaint!
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Spraypaint!
    Spraypaint what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Your case :P
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Hell no. The paint's good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the tip with the velcro btw, it works better than those cables ties that break so easily ^^

Armory

I don't particularly recall what you're using the velcro for now, lol.

Sounds like he is sticking one side of the strip to the back of the motherboard tray, and using the other half as a cable tie. Not a bad idea. If my case had a window I might redo my cable management, turn around those cables that decided to poke out from behind the motherboard tray where the second hard drive cage would have been. As it is, they are not blocking any air-flow, so I might as well leave them there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cable managing :P

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Dreamhack is amazing!

Remind me to bring a blanket next time though, sleeping on a rock-hard floor is no fun
    Only slept 4 hours for the past 2 days, also got a free SSD from Kingston & currently getting my intel SSD RMA'd.

Armory

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What the?!

So my tax dollars are funding you getting a free SSD?!

Oh wait wrong thread. :P

Very cool sir.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    They give away a gaming computer everyday, 2-4 Kingston SSD's, lots of RAM sticks, 64GB flash drives & some stuff from Steelseries (ugh)

Core i5-3570k
    Radeon HD 7950
    650w PSU, I can't remember the name of it & can't be arsed to go and look :P
    240GB Kingston SSD
    Antec case IIRC
    Asetek 570 Liquid Cooler

Currently downloading stuff at 10MB/s, I'm loving it

If you think you can live healthy at Dreamhack you're going to have a bad time. :P All you get is junk-ish food, ALSO!
    Got my sidepanel signed by MillStephano, MillDragon, EGiNControl, White-Ra, LiquidHero & ThorZain ^.^ So happy!

Hopefully I can get DjWheat, dApollo, LiquidTaeja & Sase today.
    Last edited by inux94; 2012-06-18 at 03:27 AM.

Armory

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We can't get nice free stuff like that in America, we would totally have to claim it on our taxes. lol
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously? Hahaha :P

There's this store in Dreamhack called Webhallen, where companies like Razer, Antec, Steelseries, Kingston, Sapphire etc sell stuff. Guess what fills ½ of Steelseries' area?
    Recolored Siberia V2's!

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Dreamhack is amazing!

Remind me to bring a blanket next time though, sleeping on a rock-hard floor is no fun
    Only slept 4 hours for the past 2 days, also got a free SSD from Kingston & currently getting my intel SSD RMA'd.
    Wish I could get a free SSD.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    We can't get nice free stuff like that in America, we would totally have to claim it on our taxes. lol
    Indeed.

At least computer hardware here isn't overpriced like many other countries.

So here me back again, I got just now my hd 598 today and they sound great, thanks for the awesome suggestion, I have to get used to them being open though, hopefully I can live through it, worst case amazon gives me plenty of time to send them back so whatever, I'm now wondering a couple more things.Mic suggestions would still be nice, I'm getting a zalman clip mic in the meanwhile just to save the day.

Now I'd love instead some suggestions to better use my headphones, I have an old xi-fi something pci-e audio card but drivers were never officially supported for w7 so I'm rarely using it since it crashes more than what it gives me.I plan to upgrade that or atleast get some external amp/dac, if not both.

My choices were either an asus xonar essence STX or either a xi-fi titanium HD, which I've been told is more suited for gaming, which I do a lot.I also enjoy music but I'm not that picky as an audiophile so maybe I won't notice the difference.

Also another big issue is my files...I've been looking for true lossless files around without having to buy a 10 song cd for a single track, and found that LEGALLY, you're very limited at best, you guys know any site that has a good selection? I mean, if I can't find music from the 70s like king crimson or pink floyd, I'm not sure the site is worth anything.If I were to go the not-so-legal way I'd have choices but I'd love to not have to resort to that since I believe the music I like deserves support, even if 40 years late...

Speaking of an amp/dac external, I have my eyes set on something like e17 fiio, or either a Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1, not sure how much they'd be needed or worth if I had a good soundcard.Or maybe I could skip a soundcard and use one of these, though not sure on which would be the best idea...Budget is higher than before since I got the headphones for a bargain so anything less than 300€ is fine.I'd love to buy from amazon.it to avoid high rma/resend costs in case of doa or any issue with the product if possible!

Thanks for the help, loving the headphones already if only my computer were quieter...got an antec twelve hundred + noctua inside and it's loud as hell -_-

edit: just as a comparison, right know I can use as a soundcard, either that x-fi old ass crashing since they never bothered to update the drivers, or either use my integrated realtek, which is suboptimal.I had thought before that my card had a driver update when I first posted a few days ago but nope, it isn't and sure as hell I'm not using the usb part of the 7h, I don't think it's better than this realtek tbh...motherboard is Asus Maximus IV Extreme Rev3.0 Socket 1155 Intel P67 DDR3 SATA3 USB3 ATX which should have a barely decent usable realtek chip, but still, bad.
    Last edited by Neviskio; 2012-06-18 at 01:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you need an amp/dac for an HD598? It's only 50Ω impedence. An STX has an inbuilt amp...but again, an HD598 doesn't need any amping unless you're plugging it into a portable MP3 player.

Regarding lossless files, even a high-end sound setup isn't enough allow human ears to pick apart the difference between a 45mb FLAC file and an MP3/AAC file @ 320kbps (assuming that they have been encoded using LAME or iTunes). You'll need a studio monitoring setup ($10,000+) to even begin to discern the benefits of lossless formats...so for the majority of home listening needs the "lossy" formats MP3, AAC, WAV, AIF etc are more than good enough.
    Basically lossy formats have a cut-off point at 15-16khz which is an extremely high frequency, audible to only a tiny handful of people who have gifted ears and a sound system that can deliver those frequenies smoothly. 99.99% of music falls in the 100hz-11khz mark anyway.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-06-18 at 02:12 PM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Maybe I'm strange then, but I abhorr even my own rips in mp3, that I know under controlled settings are "good quality". They don't carry enough. It's hard to explain, especially in English.

10+ Year Old Account
    What are you using to rip them and what are you listening to them on o_O
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    What Xuvial said

Replaced my Sennheiser PC 350's with a pair of Creative Wrath Wireless headsets, I can walk like 8 meters away & still be able to hear loud & clearly.
    Also a review said they could last ~8-9 hours per charge, so that's pretty sexy.

NO MORE CORDS! Going to test them with gaming later tonight.

Last edited by inux94; 2012-06-18 at 06:35 PM.

Armory