Page 10 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Based on the new PTS patch notes, armor reduction debuffs no longer stack, so even if you have a warrior, sniper, AND BH in your group, you're only going to get 20% armor reduction, not 60%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Based on the new PTS patch notes, armor reduction debuffs no longer stack, so even if you have a warrior, sniper, AND BH in your group, you're only going to get 20% armor reduction, not 60%.
    You will net a consistent 55% with HVGC and TM, plus an additional 10% from putting one point in the talent bumping it to 65% ArP with RS and Unload, and 55% ArP for the rest.

After testing, I still see a better DPS increase for myself when using the Alacrity build and 1 point in the ArP, rather than removing 1 point from Critical Reaction and getting an additional 10%.

Its probably from dropping my crit to 33% for 950 power.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    You will net a consistent 55% with HVGC and TM, plus an additional 10% from putting one point in the talent bumping it to 65% ArP with RS and Unload, and 55% ArP for the rest.
    Yeah, I wasn't clear with my wording, I meant only 20% from debuffs rather than 60%(so no way to get 100% regardless of group comp), wasn't counting the HVGC part. Just wondered if ArP would top Alacrity if you weren't gonna get the stacking class debuffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Yeah, I wasn't clear with my wording, I meant only 20% from debuffs rather than 60%(so no way to get 100% regardless of group comp), wasn't counting the HVGC part. Just wondered if ArP would top Alacrity if you weren't gonna get the stacking class debuffs.
    I guess it just depends on the direction you go. I spent a couple hundred Black Hole comms on the PTS to switch mods and enhancements around. I lowered my crit to ~34% buffed just so I could boost my power above 900. I kept my surge ~73% and my Accuracy is at 100.33%.

For those stats, I noticed the Alacrity build was still superior in terms of sustained DPS (at least on a Target Dummy).

I guess it just depends on the direction you go. I spent a couple hundred Black Hole comms on the PTS to switch mods and enhancements around. I lowered my crit to ~34% buffed just so I could boost my power above 900. I kept my surge ~73% and my Accuracy is at 100.33%.

For those stats, I noticed the Alacrity build was still superior in terms of sustained DPS (at least on a Target Dummy).
    I just got done doing about 3 hours of testing in HM fps and on operations training dummies between the 6/31/4 spec and 7/31/3 spec. It seems the full alacrity spec is more reliable as far as posting up stable consistent numbers, but I did notice with the 50% crit reaction I was able to top out my dps slightly higher by about 50-80dps. The downside to the 50% crit reaction build is that the lower end loses approximately 20-40dps. Its a little more reliable on the rng of getting a 50% crit reaction to be up all the time, but if you like taking chances its a good build. It really comes down to a preferance though...do you like being consistent or do you want to try to eeck out just a little bit extra? I'm gonna try to eeck it out when it goes live:P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiem4aDr3am View Post
    I just got done doing about 3 hours of testing in HM fps and on operations training dummies between the 6/31/4 spec and 7/31/3 spec. It seems the full alacrity spec is more reliable as far as posting up stable consistent numbers, but I did notice with the 50% crit reaction I was able to top out my dps slightly higher by about 50-80dps. The downside to the 50% crit reaction build is that the lower end loses approximately 20-40dps. Its a little more reliable on the rng of getting a 50% crit reaction to be up all the time, but if you like taking chances its a good build. It really comes down to a preferance though...do you like being consistent or do you want to try to eeck out just a little bit extra? I'm gonna try to eeck it out when it goes live:P
    After further testing on the PTS (with the help of members from the Shien server!) I augmented every piece of gear. My entire gearset is min/maxed for full BiS, and my DPS was higher every attempt (5min runs, 20 times) with the full Alacrity build. That being said, I am stepping away from the PTS and going to enjoy some D3 because I do not want to press Tracer Missile for a while.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Forsedar.. first let me say thanks for the guide. It has been extremely helpful! I have a question about the specs you're currently using and the spec you're using on the PTS.

From my understanding from your character builder spec on ask mr robot. you're currently using this spec on the live servers? 5/31/5 (no alacrity talents)

and on the PTS you are testing and will use on 1.3?--> 7/31/3 (2/2 crit reaction and 2/2 system calibration)

Sorry i cannot post links currently as i am a newly registered user on mmochamp Thanks for reading!

10+ Year Old Account
    My Mr Robot profile says that? Hm... I thought I updated that a LONG time ago. Currently on live servers I am running the full Alacrity build, and I have been doing so for a long time. I don't know whats up with Mr Robot but I'll go see why its like that. Also I notice that my gear isn't updated on that either when I did it a few weeks ago (full Campaign).

Anyways, In 1.3 I will be still using the 2/2 Critical Reaction and 2/2 System Calibrations.

There, my gear and spec is updated and looks like its staying updated this time!
    Last edited by Forsedar; 2012-06-18 at 05:24 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the reply. That clears up a lot! Also .. what is your current crafting crew skill.. mr robot lists it as biochem currently. I am to the point now where I should be crafting my augment pieces.. im wondering what the best way to go about that would be?... I'm currently biochem with the rakata attack adrenal (+power) and the reflex stim already made..

I figured I dont need to crit craft the rakata pieces since i can just get orange augmented gear made for me by other people and rip the mods out and add a reflex augment. The real questions are the campaign relic crit crafted... and the crit crafted earpiece.

Did you relevel your crew skills to get the crit crafted versions of the earpiece and the relic of boundless ages?

also.. in 1.3 ill just be able to add augment slots to the gear itself anyway.. so should I bother with releveling crew skills or just wait it out..
    Last edited by Syzyx; 2012-06-18 at 06:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sysyx View Post
    Thanks for the reply. That clears up a lot! Also .. what is your current crafting crew skill.. mr robot lists it as biochem currently. I am to the point now where I should be crafting my augment pieces.. im wondering what the best way to go about that would be?... I'm currently biochem with the rakata attack adrenal (+power) and the reflex stim already made..

I figured I dont need to crit craft the rakata pieces since i can just get orange augmented gear made for me by other people and rip the mods out and add a reflex augment. The real questions are the campaign relic crit crafted... and the crit crafted earpiece.

Did you relevel your crew skills to get the crit crafted versions of the earpiece and the relic of boundless ages?
    First to comment on your Rakata gear. You cannot take the Armorings out of those pieces and have the set bonuses transferred. For Rakata and below, the Set Bonuses are on the piece. The most you can do is transfer Black Hole armorings, mods and enhancements to your Rakata gear.

Also, I am Biochem. My Campaign Relic was actually crafted for by a guildee. When you reverse-engineer a Campaign relic, it actually becomes BoE when you craft it. For my implant, I reverse-engineered a Black Hole implant and crit-crafted it.

At this stage of the game, going any profession is viable. I am only staying Biochem for the reusable stim. Bioware has stated that they are going to try to do away with that so I can assume that 1.4 will feature better stims that are not reusable.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    ah yes good point on the rakata set bonuses.. I guess I am mostly just waiting for the campaign pieces because the set bonuses are on the campaign piece armorings instead of the actual piece.. So I wont need to level up armormech and craft orange gear since i can get that stuff from the GTN or a guildee..

I have a mr robot character under the name "Sysyx".. If i could link it here I would but I cant.. I hate to ask you to check it out and give me some pointers on what to shoot for as i know you're probably busy..

I am biochem as well so I can R/E implants to crit craft them but I'm worried i wont learn the schematic and a weeks worth of dailies is down the tubes.. If you have the time to check it out great.. if not i understand. Thanks again for all the advice and help.
    Last edited by Syzyx; 2012-06-18 at 06:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can check up on it tomorrow. I am heading off to sleep since its about to be 3am :P I'll get back to ya on it so just check this thread.

Deleted
    Hi Everybody,

I'm french speaker so excuse me in advance for my bad english

I have a question. When i put 2 points in critical reaction and 1 point to alacrity into the talent tree (7% alacrity gain in total in general) I have 1.4 sec for launch tracer missile. When i put 1 point more into alacrity (so 9% alacrity gain) I have always 1.4 sec time for launching tracer missile (in theory, i must have 1.36 (1.5 x0,91) ) . Do you have the same problem ?

Thanks in advance for your reply
    Last edited by mmoc1aaadb8bfd; 2012-06-18 at 08:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makala View Post
    Hi Everybody,

I'm french speaker so excuse me in advance for my bad english

I have a question. When i put 2 points in critical reaction and 1 point to alacrity into the talent tree (7% alacrity gain in total in general) I have 1.4 sec for launch tracer missile. When i put 1 point more into alacrity (so 9% alacrity gain) I have always 1.4 sec time for launching tracer missile (in theory, i must have 1.36 (1.5 x0,91) ) . Do you have the same problem ?

Thanks in advance for your reply
    You cast time is still1.36sec, but the tooltip rounds your cast time, so in this case it is rounded up to 1.4 BUT you are still casting it at 1.36.

---------- Post added 2012-06-18 at 03:28 PM ----------

Sysyx:

I looked at your gear and you seem to be on track as to what you need to get. However, I would definitely look into replacing that Columi implant with a Black Hole implant. Do not worry about reverse-engineering it since 1.3 is just around the corner. You can just add an augment kit to it in 1.3 in order to gain the extra augment slot. Right now that would be a decent upgrade for you. After that, I would just buy Black Hole pieces and replace all of your mods/enhancements as you progress.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alright. Thanks Forsedar.. when do you suggest changing to the alacrity build given my current gear? Your post says when you start obtaining campaign and blackhole gear. If i was to drop the 3points in advanced targeting, i'd still be over 101% accuracy. I feel accuracy heavy and surge short right now..

I have the daily comms to pick up the rakata implant right now.. and should have the comms to pick up a black hole implant (annihilator mk-1 instead of bolt-blaster mk-4) soon. thanks again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sysyx View Post
    Alright. Thanks Forsedar.. when do you suggest changing to the alacrity build given my current gear? Your post says when you start obtaining campaign and blackhole gear. If i was to drop the 3points in advanced targeting, i'd still be over 101% accuracy. I feel accuracy heavy and surge short right now..

I have the daily comms to pick up the rakata implant right now.. and should have the comms to pick up a black hole implant (annihilator mk-1 instead of bolt-blaster mk-4) soon. thanks again
    As long as your crit is over 35% buffed you can switch to the Alacrity build with your gear. I'm going to have to rewrite my guide when 1.3 releases.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to have to rewrite my guide when 1.3 releases.
    I will also give you something really awesome* if you do a Commando guide.

*Probably not, but maybe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    I will also give you something really awesome* if you do a Commando guide.

*Probably not, but maybe
    If its a hug it is TOTALLY worth it.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    If its a hug it is TOTALLY worth it.
    Said reward may or may not be in the form of a hug or another variation thereof (ie bear hug, bro hug + back pat)

In all seriousness, I have a hard time finding any other decent guides out there on troopers that are kept up to date. Not that it is something that you need to do as you obviously spend a good deal of invested time on your BH. I often reference this guide for my own nubbie BH.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will take that into consideration. And I noticed that you are on my server!